TWENTY NINE

August Rain

Note:

Please remember that the default spoken language of this fiction is Korean. Therefore, the words in Blue are spoken in English while the words in Green are spoken in Japanese, since our characters are all now in Japan. And if any, the words in Red are spoken in Chinese. I'm apologized for the inconvenience.

Enjoy the chapter~


 

It was a gala dinner in the End of the Business Conference week’s night where every businessmen and women would attend. But the scale of the event would be very much grand as the attendees were actually upper class society of businessmen and women. So you could guess if the dinner would be held in a prestige ballroom at a six-stars-class hotel located in uptown Tokyo. And wherever he turned, he could see that the room was filled by elegant-dressed women and fine-suited men.

 

“Top trader in China. Oil exporter from Emirate Arab. CEO of top trading company in Thailand. Owner of multi-national company in Indonesia. Top fashion designer in Japan.” Suho heaved. “The scale of this event is really great this time.”

 

Luhan nodded in agreement. “No wonder if Kris insisted us to go.” He then sipped his champagne. “By the way, Suho…” The younger guy lifted his gaze to him. “Where’s DO, Baekhyun and Ling? I haven’t seen them around.”

 

To hear the question, Suho’s expression became sour. And he only gave out a sigh. “DO is having dinner with his girlfriend. Baekhyun might be chasing over girls somewhere out there. And Ling, I have no idea where she’s right now exactly.”

 

The answer surprised Luhan. He didn't care about the first two since he knew if they could take care of themselves but he suddenly concerned about Ling's absence. As long as he remembered, the couple seemed for not having trouble. But before he could say something, the young CEO had added his words.

 

“In fact, I haven’t met her since this afternoon.”

 

“Huh? Why? Are you two fighting?”

 

“No,” Suho quickly replied. “More than that, I would rather say that she was being kidnapped by her cousin.”

 

Frowns appeared on Luhan’s forehead. “Who? Park Yoochun?” It surprised Luhan to know if the oldest son of the Park Family was there. Furthermore, his protective brother’s instinct had suddenly spiked up. “Why is he here? Furthermore, how can he come here with Ling? I thought he hates her.”

 

“Chill, Luhan.” Suho tried to calm him. “It seems that they are here with a mission to revive their family business. She told me that she will meet several potential business partners with Yoochun.”

 

“Why do they still need to search for investors? Is our help not enough for them?”

 

Suho could only heave a sigh. “You tell me. Lately, she seems to get involved in JYJ’s affairs more than the Wu’s. I even feel if Ling wants to be independent from me in term of work.”

 

Luhan gave his concerned look to the younger guy. However, he had realized something when Ling started to work at Wu Enterprise. The girl was a brilliant businesswoman yet she was working as a secretary for their young CEO. No matter how much Suho loved her, Luhan knew if there would be a time when the guy had to let her go.

 

“But yeah.” Luhan let out a sigh. “I must admit that her business skill will be a waste if she keeps working as your secretary. And giving her a position as part of the high level managements will be very much giving away hints about your personal affair.” He looked at the guy. “So what will you do?”

 

Due to the question, Suho only gave out a sigh. “I don’t know.” He looked at the champagne glass on his hand. “Perhaps, I will need to consider letting her go soon.” He drank the drink and placed it at the table before heaving. “So, now. Should we have a fun boys-night-out?”

 

---

 

As she arrived at the grand ballroom, Ling looked around to seek for familiar faces amongst all the businessmen and women who were presented at the party. She had late for the party since she needed to finalize a deal with one of the potential business partners earlier. Of course, she was looking for her bosses at Wu Enterprise. But somehow, she couldn’t find anyone of them.

 

Looking for someone?

 

The familiar voice of a man made her turning. Shun was standing behind her with his charming manner. However, he wasn’t one of those that she wanted to see. But she still answered out of courtesy. “Yes. My boss.

 

Your boss…?

 

From the Wu Enterprise.” Ling quickly gave out the answer as she saw his questioning look. “I’m actually working there.

 

But the man seemed to perk up with an intrigued look. “Oh, that’s interesting. You are JYJ Enterprise’s heiress but you are working at Wu Enterprise.

 

Ling let out an awkward chuckle as she heard his statement. “No, no, no. I’m not actually the heiress. I’m not even part of the company’s Executives. I’m just my father’s daughter.

 

The words made Shun smiling for her humble manner. “You’re an interesting girl, Miss Park. Do you know that?

 

It had somehow made Ling a little bit embarrassed. She dropped her gaze because of it, blushing.

 

And I might fall for you because of it.

 

Hearing the words, Ling dropped her expression. She was initially wanted to thank him for praising her. But now, she felt if she would need to push him away. “But I’m so sorry. I have to refuse. I’m currently in relationship with someone.” She bowed. “Please excuse me first.” She then turned and walked away.

 

Seeing the rejection, Shun scoffed in amusement. “Aah.” He heaved a big sigh. “I got rejected.”

 

I’ve told you, right?” A man’s voice was heard and Yoochun stepped beside him with a triumph smile on his face. He looked at Shun. “I have told you not to mess around with her. My cousin is actually sturdier than she looks.”

 

Yeah, yeah.” Shun crossed his arms on his chest. “Mr. Kim Joonmyeon is lucky to have a beautiful and y girl beside her.”

 

 

Ling walked and stopped by the elevator as she took out her phone from her purse. She dialed Suho’s number and waited till the line connected. But instead of getting her phone answered, someone called her name.

 

“Ling!”

 

She turned to hear the call and quickly gasped as she saw Luhan carried drunken Suho beside him. She quickly came to the guys. “What has happened to him?” She asked as seeing the drunken guy.

 

That’s exactly what I wanted to ask you. We were drinking at the bar earlier. But I think he drank more than he supposed to drink. Did you two fight?

 

No. I don’t think so.

 

Luhan only heaved a sigh. “Help me bringing him to his room.

 

Ling quickly nodded and pressed the up button of the elevator. The elevator door dinged open and they entered the compartment. When they arrived at the floor where all the directors of Wu Enterprise stayed, Ling helped Luhan carrying the young CEO to his room until her adoptive brother finally dropped the guy on his bed.

 

Gosh, he really has gained some weight.” Luhan slightly complained after he put his friend on the bed.

 

Don’t be joking, Ge.

 

Okay, okay. Sorry.” He grinned. “But are you sure that both of you are not fighting?

 

“We are not.”

 

Alright, alright.” Luhan gave up after seeing her protest. He heaved a sigh then looked at his sister. “You can handle everything from here, right?

 

“Yes.”

 

Then, please take care of him. I’ll be downstairs. I still need to take care of the investors. Kris might complain if I can’t get more investors for the company.

 

Ling only nodded and Luhan went out from the room, leaving the two lovebirds behind. After the door closed, Ling heaved a sigh and turned to her boss. She approached him.

 

“But seriously, Junmyeon. What’s wrong with you?”

 

But she knew if she wouldn’t get any answer for it because the guy was asleep. She heaved another sigh and started to take care of her boss. Firstly, she undressed him from things that might make him uncomfortable and place them on their respective place: his shoes on the doorway, the suit and the necktie on the hanger, and placed his neatly-rolled belt on the drawer. Then, she unfolded the blanket and placed it to cover him.

 

However, when she wanted to leave, a strong hand grabbed her arm and pulled her hard. In a quick motion, her head fell to the toned chest and her body was being engulfed by warm embrace. And before she could struggle or lift herself up, a heavy and husky voice came from above her head.

 

“Don’t struggle. I just want my girlfriend right now.”

 

Somehow, her body became relaxed to hear those words. She looked up, to find Suho who still closed his eyes. Realizing that they had lesser time together, she let him hugging her. She smiled and said, “I’m sorry. I became too busy with JYJ Enterprise’s business after we came here.”

 

Suho only hummed and tightened his embrace.

 

She lowered her gaze to his chest and leaned closer to him. She knew that she had spent lesser time with Suho lately, especially with this trip. But she also couldn’t ignore the need of her father’s company. It was why she tried to help them as much as she could, even if she always needed to cancel her dates with Suho. And she always felt sorry for him. So if she could, she wanted to ease his feeling a little bit.

 

“Say, Joonmyeon.”

 

Suho opened his eyes as he felt his girlfriend lifting her body. He saw her propping herself above him.

 

“Should we sleep together tonight?”

 

“What kind of sleeping together?”

 

She looked at him for a while before answering in whisper tone, “like this,” and kissed him with passion. Perhaps, Suho detected the hidden passion so he replied with the same passion. He rolled and dropped the girl to the bed as he kissed her hungrily.

 

However, Ling’s phone, that she placed on the bedside table, suddenly rang.

 

At first, she ignored the call till it stopped. But another call came and she couldn’t ignore it. She quickly slipped herself away from Suho and took her phone. She quickly frowned as she saw the caller name. “Mom?”

 

She quickly sat and fixed herself before turning to sit on the edge of the bed, leaving Suho who heaved a silent sigh and hung his head. She then slid her finger on her phone’s surface and answered the phone. “Yes, Ma?

 

Suho lifted his head and looked at his girlfriend as she heard her mother’s speech from the other side of the phone.

 

I’m at Japan right now.”

 

He heard her replying her mother in Chinese. But then, the girl exclaimed.

 

Eh?! You’re in front of my room door?! Why?

 

Hearing that, Suho couldn’t help but to feel confused. Ling even turned to him, looking at him in surprised and panicking look. But he wanted to laugh somehow as he saw Ling’s expression that seemed to seek help from him for some reasons. Surely she didn’t want her mother to know what they did right now.

 

A-ah. Uhm… I’m with my boss right now, doing some work.” She turned again. “But I’ll be right there soon. Just wait for me.” She took her dress from the floor. “See you soon.” She hung up the phone afterward and stood up as she placed her phone again on the drawer.

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

“My mom is here,” Ling answered him quickly as she dressed up.

 

“I thought she’s with your father in Beijing.”

 

Ling heaved in defeated look. “I also thought so. But it seemed that something happened between her and Dad and she’s somehow here in Japan, in front of my hotel room.”

 

Suho could only nod. He looked at the girl again. “Perhaps, I should better come with you too.” He came off from the bed and dressed up as well, then went together to Ling’s room after the girl had tidied up herself.

 

In front of her room, Ling found Li Fei along with Yoochun as she approached. It seemed that the man was accompanying her mother while waiting for her to come. It was why she thanked him before turning to her mother. Li Fei quickly perked up as she saw her coming.

 

Ma, why are you coming? Are you supposed to be with Dad? Did he know that you’re here?” She quickly showered Li Fei with questions, while behind her, Suho and Yoochun exchanged nod as greeting.

 

Li Fei bloomed a smile to hear those questions. “I took a trip to Japan because I missed you. Your father doesn’t know if I’m here.”

 

It was what her mother’s said. But somehow, Ling doubted her. “Really?”

 

Li Fei patted Ling’s arm. “Aiya, can’t I see my own daughter when I missed her?

 

Ling let out fake chuckles but she really doubted her mother’s reason to come. She suspected something happening as the reason behind her coming. But before she could ask more, Li Fei already turned to Suho and greeted the young CEO.

 

“Hello, Joonmyeon-ssi. We meet again. Thank you for taking care of my daughter. She must be bothering you a lot.”

 

Suho smiled and shook his head. “No, no. I’m the one who bothers Miss Lu a lot. She’s a great employee other than a girlfriend.”

 

“But then, I’m apologized to bother your work.”

 

While Li Fei and Suho talked, Ling turned to Yoochun with a look as if she was asking why he was there.

 

“I just returned from drinking with Shun and I saw Ayi in front of your room.”

 

“Ah…” Ling seemed to understand and nodded her head.

 

“I thought Ayi is with Father…” But then Yoochun seemed to realize something as he quickly revised his words. “Ah, I mean Uncle.”

 

To see him politely revising his words, Ling somehow felt pity on him. She could understand that he was also a victim of his mother’s greed just like her. And she could also understand if it could be hard to suddenly call the man who had become his father for years as his uncle, and another man, who he had known as an uncle, his father.

 

“If it’s hard for you, you can still call him father, you know.”

 

Yoochun looked at her in surprised look. But Ling only gently smiled.

 

“Ling.”

 

The call made Ling turning back to her mother and Suho.

 

“I guess we should take your mother inside to rest.” Suho suggested. “She must be tired after the flight.”

 

And before Ling answered, Yoochun’s phone rang. He quickly took out his phone and frowned to see the caller. He then looked at her and said, “Yes. You should take Ayi to rest first.” He looked at the woman. “I need to leave and take this call.”

 

Li Fei nodded. “See you again, Yoochun.”

 

Yoochun smiled and left as he answered the call. Ling saw him for a while then opened her room’s door to let her mother entered. They then entered the room. At first, Suho wanted to leave them both. But Li Fei invited him to come along. So he agreed and entered the room as well.

 

Inside, they talked. Ling was actually trying to dig further about why Li Fei came to Japan. But her mother expertly dodged from answering the question. Furthermore, she was using Suho as her cover. It was why she gave up and had casual talk with her mother instead.

 

Around thirty minutes later, her phone dinged, telling her that she had received a message. She turned her phone up to see the message. It was just a short message from Yoochun. But it had somehow verified a small portion of her doubt earlier.

 

Suddenly, the door’s bell of her room rang. Suho wanted to open the door. But Ling quickly grabbed his arm, stopping him from moving. She looked at Li Fei who sat on the bed instead.

 

Ma, can you please open the door? My assistant in Korea just confirmed an important schedule for Joonmyeon. So I need to talk with him.”

 

Li Fei nodded. “Okay.” She stood up and went to the door.

 

Suho turned to Ling and asked, “What schedule?”

 

Ling took a quick glance to her mother and stepped closer to Suho before talking with him in soft tone, “My father is coming.”

 

Suho lifted his gaze to the girl and exclaimed, “What?”

 

Before he could get answer from Ling, they already heard Li Fei’s voice, asking in angry tone, “What are you doing here?”

 

Both Ling and Suho turned to the door and saw Park Junghwan in front of the door. Behind him, Park Yoochun stood. Li Fei seemed to angry to see him there.

 

“Why are you following me around? I’ve told you that I want to be alone.”

 

She tried to close the door again but Park Junghwan blocked it and tried to push it open. Defeated, Li Fei stepped back and let the door open. She turned and walked back to the room. Park Junghwan followed her. Yoochun also entered the room, following the old man and closed the door behind him.

 

“Fei, running away won’t solve anything. You still need to answer me.”

 

It seemed that Li Fei didn’t want to talk with him. She turned to Ling. “A-Ling, do you know that your father keeps following me around? He keeps popping up everywhere I go.

 

“Hei, what’s wrong with meeting you? And what’s with the man that invited you to dinner? He definitely flirted with you. If I didn’t show up, he might ask you to marry him.”

 

Li Fei looked at the man in disbelieved look. “He’s not. He’s just an old friend of mine.”

 

“An old friend who has crush on you.”

 

“He’s not having crush on me.”

 

“He is! And I tell you that he’s definitely flirting with you at the dinner yesterday. Did he know that you already have a daughter?”

 

“He knows.”

 

“And did he know that I’m the father of your daughter and that I’m still waiting for your answer for my proposal?”

 

Li Fei opened for replying. But nothing managed to come out since Ling had yelled in frustration, stopping her to say something. Even Suho and Yoochun surprised to see her exploding like that.

 

“Mom! Dad! Can you please stop acting like a child? I have enough with you two arguing like that.” She turned to her mother. “Mama, just answer Dad’s proposal now. So he can stop throwing his works on me and frustrating his assistant.” She then turned to her father. “Dad, can you stop suddenly leaving your work behind for going to Beijing? I can’t do my job at Wu Enterprise when Secretary Jang keeps calling me to cover your works. I can’t even date him and spend my time with him lately. How can we talk about bringing our relation to the next level if I can’t even see him properly?”

 

She then heaved to release her frustration. “I’ve been running around meeting several investors today. So I’m tired.” She looked at her parents. “You two, stay here and try to talk your problem. I’m going to sleep with my boyfriend tonight.” She took her bag and turned to Suho. She then rounded her arm on his arm and dragged him out.

 

Suho could only nod to excuse himself before Ling dragged him out from the room.

 

Li Fei and Park Junghwan turned to Yoochun after their daughter left with the young CEO. Yoochun could only smile to see them. He looked at Park Junghwan and said, “Yoori is right. I think you need to stop throwing your works and left your responsibilities to her. So I can’t help you in this matter. I’m leaving. Good night.” He nodded politely to Li Fei then walked to the door and came out while closing the door, leaving the two older people alone.

 

“Is it fine for leaving your parents like that?” Suho finally asked as they walked on the corridor.

 

Ling nodded. “Mom needs to stop avoiding Dad and Dad needs to stop getting jealous. Both of them need to secure their feelings to each other. So they need to talk.”

 

“Hmm… you’re right.” Suho agreed with her. “You know… about your room. I can always open another room for you. Wu Enterprise still have one more room in our reservation.”

 

“No need. I’ll just sleep in your room tonight.”

 

A mischievous smile appeared across Suho’s lips. He moved closer to the girl. “Even if I want to continue what we did earlier tonight?”

 

A blush came on her cheeks but she didn’t answer him.

 

“But about marriage. Do you really want to marry me?”

 

Ling stopped and turned to Suho. “I do.” She then tilted her head. “But somehow, I want to let my parents getting married first. When I was a child, I often dreamt to have a wedding where my parents are there as Mr. and Mrs. Park.”

 

Suho seemed to understand. “Then, let’s see how they are going to be tomorrow morning.” He then kissed her forehead. “Now, let’s go. I’m still a little bit tipsy actually.”

 

Ling chuckled and took his hand before resuming their walk.