10 Days 'til Christmas; SeKai

Christmas with EXO

10 Days Until Christmas

SeKai: My Turn to Cry

Jongin has always noticed that Sehun will cry really easily if he’s given a chance. Even during dramas he’s watching, he’ll cry over whatever happens, whether it’s sad, or just really happy. Jongin wishes he could just stop his tears, but whenever the maknae starts to cry, Jongin’s too slow to react and Lu Han, Jongdae, or Yixing get to him first. Jongin doesn’t cry as much. Sure, he’s shed a few tears on stage and such, but that was only because he was so overwhelmed with good feelings that he had to cry.

Christmas is only 10 days away, and Jongin knows that Sehun is very excited for that. Jongin got the maknae’s Christmas present long ago, but sometimes he wonders if it’s too little or burdensome. He decides to ask Sehun what he would want for Christmas to see if he got the right thing. After he asks Lu Han where Sehun is, he goes off into Sehun’s room and knocks on the door.

There’s no response, so he calls out, “Sehun-ah? Are you in there?”

Still no response. Worried, Jongin throws the door open. He’s surprised to see Sehun sitting on his bed crying. Quickly, Jongin runs to Sehun’s side and puts his hand on the latter’s shoulder. Sehun leans into the touch and Jongin pulls him into a hug. He waits until Sehun calms down a bit before he asks what that matter is. Gently, he rubs Sehun’s back comfortingly until the younger’s sobs and hiccups subside. He pulls back gently and wipes Sehun’s tears.

“Hey, hey. What’s the matter?” he asks. “Why are you crying? Were you watching one of your dramas?”

Sehun shakes his head. “N-no. I just learned that some EXO fan died a few weeks ago. She was a Xiumin fan, and she wrote a letter to him… And also recently a Shawol commit suicide for some reason. There was no letter as far as I know from the Shawol. But…the EXO fan that died…her letter to Minseok-hyung is really touching…”

Jongin sighs. “Sehunnie, shh. I understand why you’re crying over the EXO fan, but it should be me who’s crying over the Shawol who commit suicide. What if she was one of Taemin-hyung’s fans? You know how close Taemin and I are.”

“T-that’s why I’m crying…” Sehun said. “You’re close to someone from SHINee, SHINee is our sunbae’s, and they’re so supportive towards up. And…”

Jongin places his finger over Sehun’s quivering lips. “Shh. It’s okay. You’re okay. We can get through this together.”

Thinking about that Shawol and if she liked Taemin—as it seems a lot of Shawols liked him—makes Jongin a little bit sad. He wonders if Taemin knows about this. Maybe he should call him and tell him. After his teary feeling goes away. Because the last time he cried with Taemin near, Taemin filmed it rather than comforting him.

Plus, he still has to comfort Sehun. He needs to think of a way to make him happier. He glances around and then looks Sehun over. The poor boy still looks a little sad. What would make him happy? Why is this so hard for Jongin? He’s practically Sehun’s best friend. He should know this kind of stuff! Suddenly he has an idea. It’s a risqué one, but it’s the only idea he’s got.

He leans closer to Sehun and the boy blinks in surprise momentarily. Jongin puts his finger on Sehun’s lips again before he can say anything. Sehun tilts his head in question when Jongin removes his finger. Jongin’s hand comes up to cradle Sehun’s cheek, and surprisingly, Sehun doesn’t move away from the touch.

Before Sehun could get any other words out, Jongin gently kisses the younger. To Jongin’s surprise, Sehun returns the kiss. Jongin pulls away and looks at Sehun critically, caressing his cheek gently. Sehun looks down embarrassedly. Jongin smiles slightly.

“Better?” he asks.

“Slightly.” Sehun says.

“You know…next time, it’s going to be my turn to cry.” 


Word Count: 676

A/N: Shoot, I'm sorry for having a late update. I was kinda hoping someone would give me an answer to the question I asked in the KaiBaek chapter I posted, but no one did...I'll still give you people a chance if you even care. But anywho. I think I got to carried away with this. And it doesn't have much to do with Christmas...sorry. But I never said the fics were all about Christmas...did I? o_o I'm sorry. I love SeKai just as much as I love KaiBaek...