Christmas Day; Taochen

Christmas with EXO

Christmas Day

Taochen: Christmas Day

Finally it’s Christmas! Everyone is incredibly excited. Not only because they have another SMWeek performance, but also because they get to open the gifts that their friends promised to give, which would be ten times better than the presents that were given during EXO Showtime. Most members are up at almost the crack of dawn, even though that’s normally when a lot of the members wake up on a normal day.

Zitao is excited to figure out what Jongdae got him, and is even more excited to show what he got Jongdae. He wakes up long before anyone and sits in the living room waiting. He waits for about fifteen minutes before he starts to get impatient. Jongdae still isn’t up? Doesn’t he know it’s Christmas? Zitao groans and gets up from the couch. If Jongdae wasn’t going to wake up on his own, Zitao is going to force him up.

“Yah, wake up hyung!” Zitao says, jumping on Jongdae’s bed, then on top of him.

No response. Zitao sighs and starts to jump on Jongdae’s bed to wake him up. A groan comes from below him. Zitao sits back down and looks Jongdae over. He still isn’t awake. Zitao sighs again and shakes the older vocalist. He still doesn’t wake up.

“JONGDAE-HYUNG! WAKE UPP!” he shouts loudly in Jongdae’s ear.

Rather than Jongdae waking up, Joonmyeon wakes, leans up on his shoulders, and looks around groggily. “What the hell is going on?”

“Sorry, Joonmyeon-hyung.” Zitao says. “I was trying to wake Jongdae-hyung up…”

Joonmyeon sighs and sits up straight. “It’s fine. Since I’m up, I might as well wake up the others. Wanna help?”

“If I can get Chenzi-hyung up, I will.” Zitao replies.

Joonmyeon laughs. “Alright; I’ll be roaming around the dorms. Come find me when you’re ready.”

Zitao nods and Joonmyeon stands up and walks toward the door. Before he leaves he stops and says, “Oh, well you’re at it, can you wake the lazy kid that’s next to Jongdae-ah?”  

“Yes, yes. I will.” Zitao says. “I’ll see you in a couple minutes.”

Joonmyeon leaves and Zitao is left in a room full of sleepy idols who still don’t realize that it’s Christmas. Zitao sighs a third time and walks back towards Jongdae’s bed. He pounces on the bed again, and shakes Jongdae again. He silently cursed and stared at Jongdae for a while.

He really does look like more like an angel when he sleeps. Zitao lies down next to Jongdae and stares at him a little longer. At a chance, Zitao decides that maybe a kiss would wake him up. He moves his head over slightly and captures Jongdae’s lips with his gently. To Zitao’s surprise, he felt Jongdae kiss back. Jongdae rolls over slightly so he’s on top of Zitao.

“I’ve been waiting for you to do that for like five minutes!” Jongdae complains.

“You were awake the whole time?” Zitao questions.

“Of course.” Jongdae replies with a playful wink.

Zitao hits Jongdae’s chest. “You’re mean. I hate you.”

“Oh, do you know?” Jongdae smirks.

“Yes.” Zitao crossed his arms.

Jongdae kisses Zitao again, more passionately. As expected, Zitao kisses back. Jongdae pulls back and smiles at Zitao. Zitao pouts at the older for not giving him more. Jongdae laughs and rolls off of Zitao. He sits up and looks down at Zitao, who is still lying down.

“Judging by how you reacted when I kissed you, you don’t hate me.” Jongdae says, patting Zitao’s hand. “Now let’s get up and help Joonmyeon-hyung wake the others up. We can do more of this later.”

Jongdae stands up and pulls Zitao up with him. Zitao squeezes Jongdae’s hand gently and they move over to wake Sehun up. Zitao sits on Sehun’s bed and jumps on the younger, causing him to groan. Zitao does it again and Sehun rolls over. He opens an eye and stares at Zitao in annoyance.

“What do you want, Zitao-hyung? Why are you even in our room on the first place…” he groans.

“It’s Christmas, Sehun!” Zitao exclaims. “So get up!”

“I’m tired, Zitao-hyung. Just let me sleep a little bit longer.”

“Alright, but I expect you to be in the living room in ten minutes.”

“Yes mother.” Sehun rolls his eyes.

“Good boy.” Zitao beams.

Sehun groans and rolls back over. Zitao laughs and drags Jongdae to go find Joonmyeon. They find the mother-like leader and help him wake the others up. Then, when everyone is up, they meet in the living room. Everyone is still tired and in their pajamas. Then again, isn’t that how everyone looks when they wake up on Christmas morning?

Even Sehun is up. Not that Zitao is surprised—he knows that Sehun is kind of afraid of him. Everyone is cuddled up with other members, trying not to fall back asleep. Zitao is the only one who is wide awake, hugging Jongdae’s arm tightly. He can’t contain his excitement.

“When can we get our presents to exchange?” he asks eagerly.

“Whenever you want.” Joonmyeon replies.

“Yay!” Zitao jumps up, nearly breaking Jongdae’s arm off in the process.

Jongdae groaned slightly and held his arm as he watched Zitao disappear around the corner to get his gift. Jongdae decides to do the same and grabs the huge bag he had his present in from inside the closet of his room. He and Zitao get back to the living room at almost the exact same time. Everyone else also went to get their gifts for each other, so the room is empty by the time both get in the living room.

“I…put a lot of thought into this…” Zitao says. “So I hope you like this.”

He holds his bag out bashfully for Jongdae. Jongdae grins and takes the contents out of the bag. Inside the bag is a Gucci bag filled with lots of things that he said he wanted or liked. There is also a few of Zitao’s things. Jongdae is touched, but confused as to why he got a Gucci bag.

“That bag is my favorite Gucci bag.” Zitao explains as if reading Jongdae’s mind. “I normally don’t let anyone touch it, and I always have it hidden. But…I thought that I could trust you with it because if I can trust you with my life, I can trust you with my favorite bag.”

“You…you trust me with your life…?”Jongdae asks.

Zitao nods. “And I threw in my favorite Panda doll that you always steal from me. And you were always complaining on how you didn’t have any hats for yourself and that everyone steals yours, so I bought you a personalized hat with your name on it. And to prove you’re mine, the back says property of Huang Zitao.”

Jongdae stares at Zitao. “Wow. My present…doesn’t compare to this. Thank you…”

“Lemme see then~” Zitao reaches for Jongdae’s present. Jongdae hands it to him and Zitao throws it open.

“Ah…I got that Gucci bag you’ve been bugging Yifan-hyung for.” Jongdae says. “And…a panda hat. A pair of leopard print pants…new shoes; the ones you were looking at before on our last shopping date. Oh, and there’s a secret in there somewhere. If you can find it, I’m sure you’ll like it. But one of the things belongs to me, too.”

“You bought something for yourself?!” Zitao asks incredulously.

Jongdae laughs. “No, you’ll see.”

Suddenly, Zitao really wants to know what it is that Jongdae hid in his bag. He digs around in all the pouches until he finds a medium sized box. He examines the box, shaking it a little (to which Jongdae laughs in amusedly at). Then, he opens the box and gasps in surprise at what’s inside.

“Oh my God…” he manages. “Are these…couple bracelets?”

Jongdae nodded. “There were no couple rings when I got there. Someone had already bought the last one…so I got these instead. Look, they even have our names engraved in them.”

Jongdae flips the necklace over, and on the back of the little metal sheet with a heart engraved on the front, is the word Tao on one, and Chen on the other. Zitao runs his hand over them with a smile on his face. He looks at Jongdae.

“I’ll take the Tao one.” Jongdae says. “To always think of you. And you take the Chen one to always think of me.”

Zitao takes the one that says Chen on it and puts it around his wrist. He smiles at his new jewellery and admires it. “I love it, Chenzi-hyung.”

“And I love you, Taozi.” Jongdae responds and pecks Zitao’s lips gently. “Merry Christmas, jagiya.” 


Word Count: 1,445

A/N: This is late, I know. It's probably not even Christmas for most of you guys anymore. Half of you guys probably don't celebrate Christmas. 

You know; this was originally supposed to have more than one pairing...but it turned into Taochen only. I hope you don't mind ^^; I had an idea for what Kris were to get fot Lay, too. (and actually, it's a little 'secret' mentioned in this. The couple ring that Chen was looking for, the last one went to Kris to give to Lay. Yeah.)

Don't even ask about the presents I made them give each other. I couldn't think of anything. Also...I dunno if Tao has leopard print pants, but i think he'd look damn good in them. 

Merry Christmas all! And to those who don't celebrate Christmas, happy Hanukah, happy Kwanzaa, or happy normal day! To those who celebrate Christmas, I hope you all got a lot of cool K-Pop/EXO gifts like I did! And if you didn't...I hope you got what you wanted. c:

Byebye~

Also, have a happy new year!