11 Days 'til Christmas; KaiBaek

Christmas with EXO

11 Days Until Christmas

KaiBaek: The Star

The only thing left to put on the Christmas tree is a star. Only Baekhyun and Jongin are still decorating, telling the others to go to bed and that they’ll take care of the rest. The tree is fairly big, and Baekhyun has the star, because Jongin promised he could put it up. He pouts as he tries to reach up on his tip-toes to put the star on top.

“Why must I be so short?” he complains. “Why can’t I be tall like Yifan-hyung?”

“You’re not that short, Baekkie.” Jongin says. “It’s not like you’re only 5’’2’. You’re only an inch or two shorter than me.”

“But I’m not the height of the tree…” Baekhyun whines. “I can’t put the star on top of the tree.”

“Let me do it then.” Jongin requests.

Baekhyun holds the star tightly against his chest, turning away slightly. “Nooo. You said I could do it!”

Jongin laughs. “You’re so cute, Baekkie~”

Baekhyun pouts. “Stop lying.”

Jongin rolls his eyes. “Whatever.”

Baekhyun tries to put the star on the tree once more, but misses the top by a little bit. Jongin sighs and wraps his arms around Baekhyun, half wanting to help him put the star on the tree, half just wanting to hold him. Baekhyun jumps, slightly startled at to sudden contact. Jongin feels this and chuckles.

“Relax. I’m just going to lift you a bit so you can get the star on the tree.” He says.

Baekhyun reluctantly relaxes and lets Jongin lift him. Jongin is stronger than Baekhyun originally thought, as he easily lifts him by the waist. Baekhyun places the star on the tree and fixes it slightly. Jongin safely sets Baekhyun down on the ground and Baekhyun finds himself wishing Jongin wouldn’t let go. He pushes the thought aside and looks up at his handy work.

“It looks pretty.” He comments, attempting to, reluctantly, pull away from Jongin’s grip.

Jongin’s grip tightens however, and Baekhyun isn’t even surprised. He leans into Jongin’s touch, which slightly surprises Jongin, who expected Baekhyun to protest to let him go. Jongin grins to himself and places his head on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“You know, we make a good team.” He whispers in Baekhyun’s hear. “We should do stuff together more often.”

“Are you hinting something, Jonginnie?” Baekhyun questions.

“Of course not.” Jongin responds, trying to sound innocent. “I meant we should put the star up together next year to. But if you want it hint something…”

Baekhyun spins around and hits Jongin in the chest playfully. “Pabo.”

Jongin fixes his hold. “I may be an idiot. But at least I’m your idiot.”

Baekhyun and Jongin smile at each other. Then, Jongin pecks Baekhyun’s lips gently. Baekhyun blushes slightly, but grins brighter.


Word count: 464

A/NL A short one! I'm running out of Christmas songs (which is why I'm using their new album's songs, even though all those songs are pretty much about breakups or whatever) and pairings! So...If you can figure out how many times I say 'the star' AND 'the tree' in this, and tell me which pairing to write, I'll do it, even if it's a pairing I don't like too much. Also, if you want, you can choose a Christmas song to go with it. c: -I'm such a lazy for not making pictures for these chapters-