05 Days 'til Christmas; Taochen

Christmas with EXO

5 Days Until Christmas

Taochen: Untitled

Times are tough and tiring with all the performances EXO is doing now. Before, the members that weren’t doing promos for Miracles in December had it pretty easy. But now with performing Christmas Day on pretty much all music shows, the days get pretty hectic. And with Jongdae being part of the members promoting Miracles in December and doing interviews and stuff with Lu Han, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun, he rarely has time to see Zitao, who is a little mad that his new boyfriend is being so touchy with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo (not too much with Lu Han because Lu Han has been trying to stay away from people for his Minseok’s sake), especially Baekhyun.

With only five days until Christmas, Zitao still has no idea what to get for Jongdae as a present. He has everyone but Jongdae taken care of because he wants his present to be special and meaningful. Zitao’s considered many things. But nothing seems good enough for his little (well, little in height sense) Jongdae. On the days when Jongdae is away for performances or interviews, Zitao likes to wander around in stores they visit frequently and look at the things that he remembers Jongdae commenting on. He considers just buying Jongdae everything he’s said he liked, but that would be too much money. He needs to by something that Jongdae will really like.

“Jongdae-hyung…” Zitao says on the one time they have some time together.

They’re at a café. The café that Jongdae confessed only a week and a half before. Really, it’s their 10 day anniversary, so Jongdae managed to pull some strings to let them have at least two hours together. Zitao doesn’t know what Jongdae did, but he’s grateful that he did.

“What is it, Taozi?” Jongdae asks. “Is it about me being touchy with Baekhyun-ah and Kyungsoo-ah? If so, I’m sorry. You know what I’m like.”

Zitao smiles sadly. “No, it’s not that. I wanted to ask you what you wanted for Christmas.”

“You still haven’t gotten me a gift?” Jongdae looks shocked.

“I…I never said that!” Zitao defended. “I’m just…curious…as to if I got the…right thing.”

“You’re bad at lying!” Jongdae says. He smiles. “Don’t worry. I haven’t gotten you anything yet either.”

Zitao sticks his tongue out. Jongdae laughs. “Save that for later.”

Zitao stares at Jongdae in surprise, causing him to laugh even harder. To the point where he’s crying. He wipes away his tears of laughter and takes a drink from his cappuccino. There’s a comfortable silence for a second as both boys drink their coffees.

“You should know what I want, Zitao-ah.” Jongdae says, breaking the silence. “I’ve shown you dozens of things. Or were you too busy looking at me the whole time?”

Zitao blushes and Jongdae smirks. Zitao tries to think of something clever to say. “I know…but I want it to be special…” he says.

“Jagiya, anything you get me will be special.” Jongdae responds. “Because it will come from you.”

Zitao bites his lip. He’s still not used to being called honey by Jongdae. It sounds so nice, though. He drinks his peppermint mocha silently as he thinks. He notices Jongdae observing him with a small smile on his lips, but he’s used to Jongdae staring by now.

“You’re still thinking about what to buy me, aren’t you?” Jongdae questions after another moment of staring. “I don’t care what you buy me, Taozi. Even if it’s ugly, I’ll still wear it. If it’s useless, I’ll still use it for something. Even if it’s embarrassing, I’ll still wear it with pride. Because it’s from you, my adorable Kung-Fu panda who likes to take romantic walks on the beach. Speaking of taking romantic walks on the beach, we need to do that together some day.”

Zitao takes that into thought. Not the romantic walk on the beach with Jongdae (well, maybe a little bit), but what Jongdae said before that. Only Jongdae would say something so deep and romantic. Heck, Jongdae’s more romantic than Zitao is half of the time. The only ‘romantic’ part of Zitao is that he likes to walk on the beach.

“You look cute when you’re thinking…” Jongdae mutters. “What are you thinking about?”

“I’m thinking about how romantic you are.” Zitao says nonchalantly. “I almost cried because of your little speech.”

“Aww…Baby, don’t cry…” Jongdae reaches out to pat Zitao’s hand.

“Don’t break out into song right now…please.” Zitao says. “We’ve been doing so well not getting swarmed by sasaengs.”

Jongdae laughs. “I wasn’t planning to. But I’m glad you got that reference.”

“I’m sure anyone would have gotten that, even if you did say it on Korean.” Zitao comments.

“And especially if I had said it in English.” Jongdae adds. “But you understand, right? I don’t care what you get me for Christmas. Just get me whatever you want.”

Zitao nods. “Thanks, Chenchen. I understand. I think I know what to get you now.”

“No problem, jagiya.” Jongdae says smiling. “I believe I know what to get you, too.” 


word count: 848

A/N: so, i've decided that any chapter in this with the same pairing in a previous chapter will be linked to that chapter. But the other chapters are not involved at all (so like...I have a Taochen fic already, which is why this is linked to it. But my Chenris, or Baekchen aren't linked and are pretty much their own world).

Also, I'm sorry for being so behind...it's almost impossible to think of pairings I like without repeating them too many times. And its even harder to find a Christmas song to go with it.  So I think the rest of these will just be untitled and somehow related to Christmas. 

I think I went overboard on the cuteness for this...Sorry if it's so cheesy/fluffy it's disgusting.