12 Days 'til Christmas; ChenRis

Christmas with EXO

12 Days until Christmas

ChenRis: Miracles in December

Yifan always liked listening to Jongdae sing. He just never got recognised for it much. He was half happy when Jongdae was one of the members to sing in their new song Miracle in December. It only made sense—the best voices in EXO singing a very ballad-y song that fit their voices.

At the moment, Yifan is standing outside of the rehearsal room listening to Jongdae practicing the Chinese version of Miracles in December. It’s so peaceful. If this were a solo, Yifan would totally vote Jongdae to be the one to sing it. Yifan takes notice that Jongdae’s Chinese has improved. Either that or he had Lu Han help him a lot with the pronunciation.

Jongdae spots Yifan through the glass of the window, but Yifan is too engrossed in the song (which Jongdae was still singing while staring at Yifan) to realize it. Jongdae stops abruptly, which Yifan still has yet to realize and rises from his spot. Then next thing Yifan knows, Jongdae is in front of him, staring at him.

“O-oh…hi, Jongdae.” Yifan says awkwardly. “I was just…strolling by.”

“You were watching me the whole time, weren’t you, hyung?” Jongdae asks. Yifan nods and Jongdae sighs. “You could have come inside instead of look like a creepy stalker.”

Yifan nods his head again. “Sorry.”

“Why are you sorry?” Jongdae questions. “Come in. You should try singing it too. I wouldn’t mind hearing that.”

Yifan points to himself as if there’s someone else near him (and just in case, he looks around him subtly). “M-me…sing that song?”

Jongdae nods. “Sure. Why not? You’re better at Mandarin than I am.”

“Your Mandarin is getting better though.” Yifan says.

“That’s because Lu Han hyung helped me.” Jongdae said. “If I had to figure it out on my own, I’d be screwed.”

“Don’t say that. Even without help from us, you improve on your Mandarin.”

Jongdae smiles. “Thanks, hyung. So what do you say? Wanna give it a go?”

Yifan sighs. “Alright. But only because it’s you who’s asking and no one is around but you.”

Jongdae’s smile brightens. He grabs Yifan’s hand and drags him toward the table with the music sheet on it. Yifan is trying not to blush at the hand-holding thing, reminding himself that Jongdae is like this with everyone. It works to an extent, and he manages to withstand his feelings.

“Sit down.” Jongdae says, letting go of Yifan’s hand. “It’ll be more comfortable for you.”

“Can I sing it in an octave lower…?” Yifan asks, sitting on the comfortable stool that spun.

Jongdae laughs. “Of course. I know that Lu Han-hyung’s, Baekhyun-hyung’s and I have pretty high voices compared to you. Change it however you want to so that you feel comfortable.”

So Yifan chooses a line from the song and sings it. To him it doesn’t compare to Jongdae’s singing, but Jongdae looks pleased. When Yifan finishes singing, he smiles weakly at Jongdae. He’s about to ask Jongdae how he was when the younger vocalist throws himself at Yifan happily. Yifan awkwardly hugs Jongdae back, though he’s unsure why he’s being hugged in the first place. That’s Jongdae for you, though.

“Hyung, that was awesome!” Jongdae exclaims, pulling away slightly. “If one of us ever gets sick, you should replace them! I’m sure the fans wouldn’t mind.”

Yifan actually does blush now. “Was I really that good?”

Jongdae nods enthusiastically. “Yes, yes! I would love to do a duet with you some time. That would be amazing!”

Yifan bites his lip. “You still sing better, Jongdae…”

“Who cares about me? You have a good voice, and it needs to be heard.” Jongdae says. “Because you’re the very talented duizhang that everyone loves. Including me.”

With that, Jongdae smiles pleasantly and waltz’s out of the rehearsal room. Yifan stares after the short vocalist in shock. He’s confused as to what just happened. Was that a confession? Or just a casual, platonic I love you


Word count: 669

A/N: It's late and I have to hurry. I should be in bed right now, but I had to post this. I would've posted this eariler, but I was at a friends doing a project with my group for gym class. Plus, I didn't know who to do. Still no picture thing. Sorry. Hope you like this~