13 Days 'til Christmas; KrisYeol

Christmas with EXO

13 Days until Christmas

KrisYeol: Jingle Bells

The radio plays Christmas songs. Some English, some Korean. Radio stations always play Christmas songs around this time of the year. Even in Canada they do. Of course, there are no non-English songs besides Feliz Navidad. The only time they’d play non-English music is if it was a Station that was meant for other nationalities.

Wu Yifan sits in the rehearsal room with Christmas playing in the background while he tries to think of some lyrics for a rap. He doesn’t know why, but he feels like writing a Christmas rap, even though their Christmas themed album was released two days ago. Or maybe he should just make a rap version of a Christmas song? That would be interesting…

The door to the rehearsal room opens and Yifan looks over his shoulder to see who came in. He’s greeted fondly with Park Chanyeol’s goofy, toothy smile, that’s much similar to his own (though he doesn’t like to admit it, they are pretty much the ‘Twin Towers’ as the fans like to call them).  Chanyeol sits next to Yifan.

“Yo.” He says in English. “Waddup Kris?”

Yifan rolls his eyes. “I’m trying to think up a Christmas rap.”

“Wae?” Chanyeol asks. “We don’t have to compose anymore Christmas songs. The album was released two days ago, remember?”

Yifan shrugs. “I dunno. I just feel like rapping a Christmas song.”

“Oh,oh! We can record it and put it on the internet and it can be a bonus thing!” Chanyeol bursts out.

“I take it you want to join me in this rap?” Yifan questions.

“We can make vid for it too! And wear costumes, too!”

Yifan looks at the ceiling thinking, why is this happening? He stares at Chanyeol for a long while. The idea of Chanyeol in an elf costume in particular pops into his head and he smiles slightly. Chanyeol gives him a confused expression.

“As long as you can be an elf and I can be Kris Kringle, then sure.” Yifan says with a devious smile on his face.

“Um, okay…” Chanyeol responds cautiously.

 

A while later, Chanyeol is wearing an elf costume and Yifan is wearing a Santa Clause outfit. Chanyeol looks like a better elf than Yifan had at first thought. Chanyeol looks embarrassed, as he’s wearing very tight shorts and a freakin’ elf hat. Yifan think it looks cute.

“Yifan, I look like an idiot.” Chanyeol comments with a frown.

“It’s for the fans Yeollie.” Yifan says. “How do you think I feel? I’m wearing a frickin’ beard!”

Chanyeol’s smile reforms and he laughs. “You do look pretty hilarious.”

“And you look pretty cute.” Yifan blurts out accidently.  “Like a cute elf that would be the first person to start a Jingle bells flash mob.”

Chanyeol’s face reddens. “W-Well you look like Santa’s handsome nephew.”

“That gives me an idea! Let’s do a rap version of Jingle Bells!” Yifan suddenly exclaims, trying to change the subject. “We don’t even have to rap. You’re good at singing. You can sing if you want.”

“I can sing too, hyung.” Chanyeol protests.

“Yeah, right…” Yifan laughs.

“At least you’re good at English.” Chanyeol adds.

“That doesn’t mean anything.” Yifan defends.

In the end, they do decide to sing it rather than rap it. Chanyeol makes a good point by saying Jingle Bells would sound weird as a rap. Yifan ends up agreeing, and they decide it’s only fair to split up the lyrics evenly. Yifan grabs a piece of paper and a pen and writes down the lyrics. They both decide which lyrics they want, and even choose lines for both of them to sings, as you would with a duet.

By ‘accident’, at the end of filming the video for it, Chanyeol kisses Yifan’s cheek. Yifan nearly faints at the touch, but keeps calm and goes off to turn the camera off. He doesn’t look at Chanyeol when he returns to the tall rapper’s side.

“I-I’m sorry, Yifan-hyung…” Chanyeol stammers. “I…I didn’t mean to.”

“It’s no problem, Yeollie.” Yifan responds coolly, somehow managing to keep calm and casual. “Things happen.”

There’s an awkward silence between the two rappers. Yifan’s contemplating what to do; Chanyeol feels guilty. Then, Yifan leans over and kisses Chanyeol’s cheek, surprising the younger. Yifan smirks and puts his arm around Chanyeol, causing his face to redden.

“Payback.” Yifan says casually. “Shall we go back and get changed?”

Chanyeol nods speechlessly and follows the Chinese leader out of the rehearsal room and towards the nearest bathroom. Yifan never lets go of Chanyeol down the hall, causing the boy to get even more flustered. The Chinese-Canadian chuckles at the cute rapper with the deep voice. Making the boy flustered was very amusing.


Word count: 793

A/N: I let my sister choose this pairing too. Because I'm just too lazy to think of pairings myself. xD The idea. I have no clue. Don't even ask. The ending...is very abrupt. Again, I don't know. It's late...and do you know how hard it is to base a fanfic after a Christmas song? Anyways, I hope you like this. c: 

I'm still too lazy to make a cover page thing. So...yeah.