Drabble #1

Sunflower [One Shot Collection Staring Boram]

Drabble #1


 This is Love, Boram thought as she watched Injung feed Jong Hyuk. Her friend's eyes lit up like they were trying to show everyone what it meant to be in love and to love.

 The only thing Boram could feel was a claw. It was ever present, when she was concious and in her sleep, a manifestation of her mind, of her soul. The tearing, the cold threatening to suffocate her, the feeling that she would be swallowed whole. All that she lived-survived- with and now she wondered, was Love what she needed to make the monster retreat? Would it fill her with warmth when all she knew was frigidity? Would it make her smiles genuine? Would they reach her eyes so that she could finally reassure her sister?

 Family. Boram had family, she remembered suddenly, and she knew they loved her. At least, she thought they did because who else can love someone barely human, barely alive? Family, that's who. Her family loved her and she loved them because they loved her. That is how things work, right?

 Soyeon had her family and surely they loved her? Boram had seen the way the younger girl talked about them. Yes, they loved her and she loved them, too. She loved Jong Hyuk and he loved her. How simple everything was. People give their affections and they receive them in turn. How did they feel afterwards? Warm, right? Whole? Content? Then what was she that even though she received and gave, she felt nothing but pain?