Wrong (Part 1)

Sunflower [One Shot Collection Staring Boram]

Wrong (Part One)


 Boram flinched heavily. It was instinctual, the need to make herself smaller. Her insides curled in shame when she saw Taeyeon roll her eyes. Anyone seeing the two would have a hard time believing that they were in a relationship. It's been three months and Boram had yet to get used to the other girl's outbursts.
 "I told you. I keep telling you not to mention her," Taeyeon hissed. She was seething. Her eyes were wild, looking for something, yet not seeing anything.
 "I didn't-" Boram's voice caught . She did mean to, just not the way it slipped out while they were making some small talk after finally getting a few hours to see each other.
 "I'm sorry,"
 "Just leave," she spoke so coldly that Boram flinched again.
 "Tae, it was an accident,"
It was not. The older girl had planned to bring it up-to bring her up for a while ever since she had met up with Sooyeon. Boram wanted to curse her lack of tact but she knew that was not what sent her girlfriend into a violent rage.
 "Pretend I never said anything," Boram said reaching out. Her hands brushed against Taeyeon's arms before they were pushed off roughly.
 "I can't see you right now. I- there are things. Work. Schedule. Please leave,"
 "Tae, please-"
 "Boram!" Taeyeon said in a strained whisper. It would have been better if she screamed because the way she said it made it sound like she was tired. Tired of Boram.
 Slowly, as she still had small hope the other girl would stop her, Boram walked towards the door. Her hands froze on the door knob momentarily waiting but the silence behind her was telling. She flung the door open and ran even though she had spent many hours of extra practice just to create time to go to her beloved.
She collapsed just outside of a stop. There was only one taxi left that time of the night. Boram managed to somehow get back to her feet and drag herself inside the vehicle. The driver, a man years younger than her, was startled awake.
 "Where to?" he asked, bored. It could have been the remnants of sleep. Boram did not care. In a small voice she gave him an address and tried to bury her face into her jacket. It only took a few minutes before the taxi pulled in front of an apartment complex.
 "60 won," the man said still disinterested. Boram patted her sides quickly before she remembered where she left her wallet. And phone.
 "Wait," she said opening the door and rushing out before the driver could protest. She went in and easily found the building's security guard, a much older fellow she met a few times before.
 "I'll bring her down, don't worry," he said after she had asked him to help. How he understood was a mystery since she fumbled with her words so much, she broke down and cried. She was not worried. Right then she felt nothing but exhaustion and raw, unbearable pain. Eunjung came out of the elevator a short while later. By then the short girl had gained some composure.
 "Taxi," Boram pointed at the car still parked in front of the building.
 "Here," the younger girl ed a key into her hand. "Go up and I'll meet you there,"
Boram went past her into the still open elevator and pressed the fifth floor button. The doors remained open, however. She began wondering if the machine was broken. Her friend came running back minute later to find her pressing the button hard.
 "What am I doing wrong?"
Eunjung gently pulled her away and pried the key from her hand. Boram did not notice the metal biting into her skin until then.
 "There's a key hole. It-let me,"
Boram found herself blinking heavily sudden. One second she was leaning on Eunjung closing her eyes and in the next, she was lying on a soft bed.
 "You fell asleep," Eunjung told her. She was next to her but covered in another blanket.
 "Let's sleep. We'll talk in the morning,"

**********
 Boram stared hard at her phone. Her mind was fuzzy and her head was throbbing wildly. That was all she could think about and she wondered why she held her phone, an outdated model with a black protective case, when it should be elsewhere.
 "She came," Boram whispered to the empty room. The two words echoed in her mind once... twice-
 " Eunjung!" she ran out of the room. Her group member was leaning on the kitchen counter, sipping from a mug. "She came?"
 "You woke up," Eunjung murmured.
 "Of course," Boram replied impatient. "So?"
 "We're late. Shrek called about a launch party for something we're supposed to go to."
 Then she was all alone. Boram could not remember the other girl leaving. Her headache was subsiding at least. Taeyeon came. To give her phone. To see her. That was all Boram was registering and she felt lighter. The butterfly in her stomach were dying out when she finally began thinking properly, however. Why was Eunjung not looking at her and avoiding her questions? She looked like she just woke up, the way her hair was sticking out in all direction. There was something else. A distant memory. Something Taeyeon told her. A radio? Wait, Taeyeon had a radio broadcast that day in the morning. She could not possibly have found the time. Someone else must have been here. Taeyeon did not come but it was not like she was avoiding her. She did not have the time. Boram understood that. How could she not? They were both working in the same industry, same conditions.

 Her head began hurting again. Eunjung had not undressed her so her clothes were wrinkled and dirty on some parts. She could borrow some of Eunjung's clothes later on because Boram could hear the shower running so it would take a while before she could ask. Maybe she could call Taeyeon. It would take an hour at the most for prep before you go live so maybe Taeyeon had a few moments to spare. Boram quickly found her name on the dialed list.
"Okay, calm down," she said taking in a deep breath before pressing the call button. It went through after a few seconds. "Hello?"
There was silence on the other end. Boram opened to say it again when the call ended. That's odd. She tried again but this time it went straight through to voicemail.
"Hello, this is Kim Taeyeon. Leave a message after the beep-"
There was a time when Boram wondered how impersonal that sounded but that was Taeyeon. Impersonal and cold and hard to reconcile with. I should give her some space. Even as Boram thought that, she knew it was not her choice to make.
 "Hey!" Eunjung's voice called out from inside of the bathroom. "Hurry! Get in,"
 She went back into Eunjung room, pausing only to throw the phone onto the bed before grabbing a random shirt. It ought to fit her small frame.
 "Boram-unnie-"
 "Alright, I'm coming!"



Note:

This was done on my phone again. I'll have to rewrite it and the other drabbles but I need a computer. I'll be posting multi chaptered stories that might not be updated consecutively. Anyways, tell me what you think smile.png

FYI Shrek is their manager's nickname.