Drabble #4

Sunflower [One Shot Collection Staring Boram]

Drabble -- Time

Subject: Jeon Boram 
Age: 40
Occupation: Unemployed
Parents/ guardians: Jeon Youngrok, State Media Director
Current Status: Detention. Execution pending. 


The information flashed for a few seconds after the guard ran her tag. It was all procedure because there was little doubt he did not know who she was even though his ash grey uniform looked new. Boram avoided all eye contact and start ahead at the large metal door in front of her. Every ten days, she is let out for a brief moment before being taken back. She could see peripherally the guard moving aside and someone in a white coat taking his place.
"Good morning." The person spoke putting on her gloves.
"So, it's morning. Which year? Which month?"
"You know I can't tell you that. Now hold still..."
Boram never makes sudden or even slight movements when she is let out. People around her are already suspicious. The needle pierces her skin and she likes to pretend she could feel her blood being withdrawn. 
"There, all done. How do you feel Boram?"
"Fine." She replied and she truly was. "Time doesn't exist. Why should I fret?"
"That's the spirit. Never give up, that's how I live," the doctor replied. Boram could guess from the forced brightness in the woman's voice. 
"Thank you, madam,"
"My name is Eunjung and you're welcome," the doctor whispered as she removed the gloves.
They took her back. The journey was short despite Boram taking small steps. Her name was Eunjung. They have danced the same routine for a long time. Boram knew she did not just tell her name but gave her a message. My time is up. After all, the dead don't speak.