5

•coffee shop•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

Again

 

♦ § ♦

 

Yongguk woke up to the sound of pouring rain and the sound of distant footsteps. Zelo had been awake already and was preparing a meal by the fire. Nearby, two dead birds were being prepared for cooking, their feathers were all in one pile.

 

"Good morning." Zelo said curtly, not looking up from his work. Yongguk sat up completely.

 

"I can hear the two. They're on their way." Yongguk warned. Zelo nodded, smiling bitterly. The boy raised his hand and made the rain stronger and more powerful, the wind nearly pulling the trees out of the ground. Yongguk shook his head in amusement. Zelo was trying to keep the two as far away as possible. “You caught those?" Yongguk glanced at the dead birds.

 

"Yes... They were so close to the cave's entrance." Zelo replied. He passed a bowl of steaming broth to Yongguk.

 

"We need to be hostile to them at first. Then treat them nicely. And then see if they would stay on our side or not." Zelo said. Yongguk sipped on the soup, and he nodded his head in agreement.

 

"Alright, we'll do that." Yongguk murmured.

Yongguk's eyes darkened in sadness that moment. Why? Because he didn't really want this war with Daehyun to end. Because if it ends, and Daehyun is gone, that means he'd have to fight all the other people here at the coffee shop– and that included fighting and possibly killing Zelo.

 

Soon, the footsteps of two healthy males came closer and when they appeared, they looked battered and beaten. Yongguk smirked with Zelo. The footsteps were too healthy to be used for such unhealthy looking men like that.

 

"Yongguk! Zelo!" Yoseob panted, "Thank god we found you!"

 

"What are you both doing here?" Yongguk growled, standing at the cave entrance with a glare shooting straight at them. Zelo pretended to look afraid and took a step back, coughing loudly.

 

Yoseob stared at the weak looking Zelo, his eyes softening a bit. Junhyung remained quiet, a pained look in his eyes.

 

Yongguk stared at Zelo, backing up a little to pat his back and the boy’s blue hair.

 

"We... We were abused there! Daehyun abuses us!! He doesn't give a damn about us... He just wanted to use our strength to kill you both!" Yoseob sobbed. Yongguk snarled again.

 

"How do I know that you both aren't here to kill us both?"

 

"I swear, we won't kill you." Junhyung spoke up, emphasizing the 'we'.

Yongguk put down his arms and beckoned them to come in. He turned but observed the two. Yoseob went straight to Zelo, making Yongguk growl deeply. Yoseob helped Zelo lie down onto the cave floor and placed a pillow under his head. Yongguk calmed down a bit.

 

Junhyung, however, was looking around the cave with obvious mischief in his eyes.

 

Yongguk sat down and lay behind Zelo, taking advantage of the situation by sticking his entire body with Zelo's. The younger male shivered at the contact, so Yongguk smirked and removed his shirt. He put his shirt around Zelo's shoulders and rubbed to boy's thighs to make it seem like he was warming the boy up.

 

Zelo was burning in embarrassment and anger. Did Yongguk not realize what he was doing? Yongguk rubbed him more because he was burning.

Yoseob looked at Junhyung in regret. They were supposed to kill them, or get them as weak as possible. But now... But now that they saw how these two lived, the care that Yongguk showed to the weakening blue-blood, they didn't know if they wanted to side with Daehyun.

 

"Junhyung... I want to help them..." Yoseob whispered. Junhyung remained silent. He still hadn't forgotten what Yongguk had done to him on the first day. Zelo was ok to be sided with, but Yongguk made Junhyung unsure.

 

"Fine... Where you go, I'll go too..." Junhyung said finally. Yoseob saw a flash of guilt in Junhyung’s eyes, but it disappeared before Yoseob could fully comprehend what it meant. He decided not to care and brushed off the nagging feeling at the corner of his mind, telling him that something seemed off.  

 

Yoseob grinned and ran to Yongguk who was now busy with drying some clothes.

 

"Yongguk..." Yoseob approached h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter