14

•coffee shop•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

Guilt

 

It was dark, cold and damp. There was no light, no warmth and no familiar cozy feeling to envelop the weak and vulnerable heart of Daehyun. The fire he made had long been cold, but he paid no mind to it.

 

He sat, hunched up and motionless, against the tree trunk of the giant willow tree in the middle of the clearing. Anything and everything he touched turned black. Everything within a foot of him reeked of death. He sighed once, and became still again, his eyes shut tightly.

 

All he could see was Yoseob’s eyes turning black. It turned black like everything he touched now. He used to have control over his power, being able to refrain from killing with a touch. But now, he couldn’t control it well at all. Everything he touched died, be it a plant or human. Daehyun was angry, but he wasn’t a sociopath. Or a psychopath. He was just…

 

What was he?

 

He was confused. He lost control with Yoseob. How? He didn’t mean to go as far as killing him. All Daehyun wanted was to make him unconscious and hold Yoseob as hostage—but he killed him.

 

And now, Daehyun couldn’t forget the eyes of Yoseob who stared at him pleadingly. Daehyun did not know the reason why he didn’t stop. He wanted to—he had regained his ‘consciousness’ from his anger already but something held his hands wrapped around Yoseob’s slender neck.

 

He remembered every pulse of Yoseob’s veins against is hand. Every heave of Yoseob’s chest. Every choked gasp. Every single detail in Yoseob’s purple eyes as they turned darker and darker until there but no trace of the beautiful purple and only a silent blackness remained in them.

 

Daehyun shuddered. He couldn’t bear to think of it any longer!

 

Something in his mind laughed at him—why was he even being sad? Yoseob had betrayed him—and Yoseob even tried to kill him!

 

Another voice argued: But Yoseob would never be able to beat him, he wasn’t a powerful aura. He should reflect on his mistakes and apologize! He should apologize to Yoseob’s destroyed aura at once!

 

Daehyun screamed at the top of his lungs—kicking his legs out and punching the air in front of him. He cried out to the sky. He was so confused, honestly. Why was everything like this?

 

“I didn’t mean it…” He whimpered, burying his face into his hands. “I really didn’t…”

 

When he looked up again, the sun was down and the clearing was dark and silent. No animal dared to go near Daehyun. To them, he was the definition of danger and they avoided him. Not even the bravest of carnivores, courageous of insect and daring of herbivore dared to be anywhere within the sight of Daehyun. He reeked of death. He looked like death. He dirty face and clothes only made it worse, and now that he couldn’t control his aura’s strength, he was detectable from miles away.

 

Anything with life avoiding Daehyun.

 

It was lonesome sometimes. Actually, it was lonesome all the time.

 

Daehyun was slowly los

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter