18

•coffee shop•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

Lost In Thought

 

Yongguk sat by the grave, as he had done ever since Zelo had… died. It was hard for him to think of those words despite how often he had come close to causing someone else to… die.

 

Yongguk’s tears hadn’t stopped ever since Zelo’s aura had disappeared completely. He became broken, heartsick and tired of this. He completely forgot about the mystics. He didn’t care about the others in the coffee shop. He wanted Zelo and Zelo only. He needed him, the cunning mystery that was Zelo. The smart, caring and beautiful Zelo whom Yongguk had grown to love so, so much.

 

Another pang of pain struck his heart as he used his aura to look at memories of him. Yongguk shut it away almost as quickly as he had opened it.

 

The man was set on death now. He didn’t want to live. He had no one anymore.

 

Yongguk crawled over to the grass next to Zelo’s grave and laid down, placing his hands next to his sides. Yongguk stared at the dark sky. The stars were at their brightest now, and the only sound was the rushing of water. No animal dared to make a sound for they seemed to be mourning too. The blue-blood that was like a moon, shining as their guide in the darkest of night.

 

Yongguk slowly closed his eyes and tuned his aura as low as it could go, releasing it from his body. He felt his aura leave, slowly, as he forced death upon himself. Upon the last glimmer of red aura he had left, a memory played sweetly for him. It was his kiss with Zelo. Yongguk could almost feel the sweet lips of the one he loved against his own. Yongguk’s lips curved into a faint smile as he finally allowed his spirit, aura and heartbroken soul go.

 

Suddenly, behind closed eyelids, he noticed how bright it was. It was night wasn’t it? Why was it so bright? Then, his nose twitched at a very familiar scent.

 

Zelo?

 

Yongguk’s eyes flew open, and the first thing he saw was Zelo’s face. He was smiling and very much alive. His eyes were their calm, deep blue color and his hair was blue, too. Yongguk sat up from his seat and held onto Zelo’s arm, feeling him, making sure that he was alive.

 

“Zelo?” Yongguk broke into sobs and pulled the boy in for a hug.

 

“Yes, hyung, it’s me…” Zelo whispered gently. “You’re alright.”

 

“What happened? I thought we were all dead?” Yongguk looked up and saw the six other boys sitting around the room in pairs. Everything suddenly began to make sense. The sudden disappearances of the ‘dead’ bodies and the feeling that they were somewhere else other than where one’s soul should be in. They hadn’t died, but they were only an illusion to the ones who were alive. The death was made so real, but in reality, they were just unconscious and the Mystics had let a fake aura roam the sky to make it seem real. They had everyone fooled. But why?

 

“Well…” Zelo began to explain, but the mystics appeared in the room.

 

“Welcome back Yongguk.” The mystics said. “You must be wondering why you are still alive.”

 

Yongguk nodded and intertwined his hand with Zelo’s.

 

“What we did was that we collected your aura and simply placed it back into your body and healed you so you were perfectly fine once more.” The mystics explained. “But that’s only for Yongguk’s case, because he literally was dead. But the others were only unconscious.”

 

“The whole point of this was to see who would give in to their feelings.” One said.

 

“We are here to congratulate you eight for an amazing display of human emotion and strength—and we are here to announce you eight as the first to win this ‘competition’. We saw all eight of you display emotions that you never showed but were capable of doing so. Also, it was for you to test yourself and your capabilities and to do something you’ve never done.” The mystic said. “You are all free to go back home. Congratulations and we wish you all the best in your future.”

 

Yongguk smiled and hugged Zelo.

 

“But,” The mystics said suddenly, a smile seen under their robes. “There’s a catch.”

 

Yongguk stopped smiling and furrowed his eyebrows. “What catch?” He nearly growled.

 

“You must stay with the one you truly love, the one you were matched to from the beginning.”

 

With that, the mystics disappeared, leaving the eight boys staring in awe.

 

“Yes!” Zelo whispered, jumping into Yongguk’s arms, kissing him and hugging him in complete and utter joy.

 

Daehyun and Youngjae, once again reunited, ran towards each other and hugged, their love felt throughout the entire white room. Daehyun sobbed into Youngjae’s jacket and held onto the boy.

 

Yoseob hugged Junhyung with a passion, his smile strong once again. “I missed you so much…” Junhyung whispered, cupping Yoseob’s face and kissing him gently.

 

Himchan and Jongup held hands and enjoyed a silent, blissful moment together.

 

The door at the end of the room opened and two by two, holding hands, they left the room to go into the transport tube. This would take them to their new homes with their partners.

 

Yoseob and Junhyung stepped out of the transport tube when it stopped at their new home. The purple blood cried out in pure relief when he saw his daughter sitting on the sofa in the house’s living room.

 

“Yoni!” He cried, hugging his surprised daughter.

 

“Appa!” She laughed. “I missed you, appa.”

 

Yoseob smiled as she wiped his tears, carrying her little monkey stuffed animal in the other arm.

 

“Appa…” She said, hiding behind his leg when he stood up. “Who is that?”

 

Yoseob looked to where she was pointing and saw Junhyung sanding by the door awkwardly, watching father and daughter reunite.

 

“Baby, I want you to meet your new appa!” Yoseob laughed, ruffling her hair affectionately.

 

“Come on, Junhyung.” Yoseob said.

 

Yoni backed up a little and held onto Yoseob’s pants. “Appa…” She whined softly.

 

“Junhyung I think she’s scared of you.” Yoseob laughed as Junhyung pouted and sat on the couch across the two. “Say hi, Yoni.”

 

“Hello…” Yoni said, peeking from the side of Yoseob’s pants.

 

“Hi there,” Junhyung said. “You’re Yoni right?”

 

Yoni nodded and smiled a little.

 

“Aww, you’re too cute!” Junhyung smiled at her. She giggled.

 

“Is that a monkey?!” Junhyung pretended to be surprised. Yoni nodded and stuck her monkey out to show him. “Wow! He looks just like Yoseob appa!” Junhyung laughed. Yoni giggled and walked up to him. Yoseob stood there with his mouth open and his expression was priceless when Yoni showed Junhyung the tag on the stuffed animal’s neck.

 

“I told you appa! He does look like you. Junhyung appa says so too.” Yoni said, sitting by Junhyung.

 

“Wow so you leave me for Junhyung appa?” Yoseob pretended to look hurt.

 

“Appa, I like Junhyung appa because you do.” Yoni pouted and her eyes filled up with tears.

 

“Aww Yoni don’t cry.” Junhyung took her into his arms and hugged her tightly, feeling a bond form between them. “Hush, don’t cry, Yoseob appa was just joking.”

 

Yoseob grinned at the two. Everything was p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter