17

•coffee shop•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

Chandeliers

 

Daehyun stood there, barely fifty feet away from the cave’s entrance. Zelo backed up, his back touching the wall. He gasped and realized that if he and Yongguk didn’t get out of the cave soon, Daehyun would have them trapped.

 

“Look, Daehyun, we can talk about this…” Yongguk approached Daehyun with his hands forward, trying to stop a deadly war.

 

“Don’t!” Zelo dashed forward and stood in front of Yongguk, guarding and blocking Yongguk’s body with his own as the rays of black shot at his love.

 

“Zelo—…” Yongguk gasped as the force of Daehyun’s angry attacks forced them back as they flew through the air and into a boulder just outside the cave. Zelo was panting and he groaned as his injured body hit the ground. Yongguk stared with wide eyes. Zelo had protected his life once more. Before he could question why, Zelo was shot again for his back was still facing an angry Daehyun.

 

Daehyun approached them with crying eyes and an emotionless face. His hands shook as he tried to stop his shooting. His face remained emotionless, but his tears and eyes shone in pain. Another shot escaped his control and a snarl was ripped from his throat.

 

“Daehyun, please.” Yongguk whispered, holding Zelo in his arms as he stood up slowly.

 

‘Run!! Run from me! Get away now!’ Daehyun thought.

 

“I’m going to destroy you both.” Daehyun said, against his own will. “I will eliminate you from this place. I will win this.”

 

Yongguk looked at Zelo’s face, which was against his chest. The boy’s breathing was shallow and labored. His arm and back were bleeding and he was covered in dirt and scratches. Yongguk looked back up at Daehyun and saw a black orb forming in the palm of his hands.

 

In a split second Yongguk made a decision. He was going to let Zelo live.

 

The teen had barely lived his life out at all, and he deserved another chance at life once he got out.

 

So, Yongguk ran. He ran, as fast as he could to the falls, where he would hide the injured boy behind the waterfall’s curtain of water. He got there quickly, for Daehyun was in no rush of killing him. Yongguk healed up the worst of the wounds and went through the water before placing Zelo there.

 

He removed his coat and put it under Zelo’s head.

 

He kneeled beside the young boy’s weak body and let his tears fall.

 

“Zelo…” He whispered through sobs. “I love you so much…”

 

Yongguk cupped the boy’s paling cheeks and leaned forward, capturing the young male’s lips in a gentle kiss. His eyes shut and he forced himself away. More tears came and fell. Yongguk touched Zelo’s face once more in an endearing manner, as if he’d never see the boy again.

 

He sensed Daehyun getting closer so he left Zelo quickly, not looking back. He shut away his crying heart and brought out the violent, old Yongguk. His red aura raged around him. He knew that Daehyun could sense him.

 

“Well, well, well. I didn’t know that he’d be easy to kill.” Daehyun chuckled evilly, a smirk appearing on his face. Yongguk felt relieved, for that meant that he couldn’t sense Zelo’s weakening aura over Yongguk’s overpowering one.

 

“I hope you remember what I said…” Daehyun approached Yongguk. “I’m not stopping with him. I’m going to kill you too.”

 

Yongguk bared his teeth and his stance was crouched. “Hit me with your best shot.” He snarled. His eyes flashed and he leaped forward, charging at the nonchalant Daehyun.

 

At the last second, Daehyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter