10

•coffee shop•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

Devotion

 

 

Jongup noticed that Himchan seemed out of it. He knew that Himchan left that night, wandering off somewhere in the woods, but he knew better than to follow the man and pester him more than he already did.

 

“Are you alright?” Jongup sat next to elder on the rock above the cave entrance. Himchan turned to him, surprised.

 

“Huh?” He mumbled, blinking at the younger boy. Jongup frowned. He fixed the top of Himchan’s messy hair before answering. “I was asking you if you were alright, but I can sense that you aren’t.”

 

Jongup stared at Himchan long and hard, trying to draw at least some hint as to what he was thinking. However, Himchan seemed to be very closed off. Unknowingly, Jongup felt offended by the silence and unwillingness to speak that Himchan was displaying now.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jongup spoke, looking ahead, into the dark trees. There was a pause of silence as Himchan looked at him in confusion. The droplets of the melting snow seemed to get louder.

 

“For what?” Himchan snorted, facing Jongup completely.

 

“I’m sorry… for not being able to keep you happy and occupied.” Jongup spoke softly, looking down. Himchan stared at the boy, his eyebrows furrowed.

 

“What are you talking about, Jongup? Don’t beat around the bush—just say what you need to say!” Himchan raised his voice.

 

“Look—the only reason I’ve been able to stay sane was because I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter