15

•coffee shop•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

Born to Die

 

The sun, without Zelo and Yongguk noticing, had hidden away beneath the horizon. The two remained seated on the moss covered boulder, enjoying each other’s mere presence, feeling human and alive. Honestly, the two had never felt so human before. Mutations and changes throughout the history of humanity’s survival through the struggles of a dying Earth made the humans not human. They had auras and genetically engineered eyes and all sorts of hyper senses that made them superior to anything, really.

 

The people of the present didn’t know what it was like to be aura-less. The thought of that made them cringe and afraid. The only times these people saw animals were in the government farms or in the Zoo-Parks. They knew how their auras came to be and never questioned the power. They did not know that their powers were limited within the city premises. Those who went to the coffee shop or those who went rouge were the only ones who experienced the true strength of their auras—but those who went rouge usually ended up dead for the power of their auras seemed to be too powerful and they could not control it.

 

Zelo leaned more against Yongguk, closing his eyes to feel the hot red flames meet his blue ones, dancing together, uniting in a bond that was deeper than either person could comprehend.

 

Yongguk’s eyes closed too, seeing the flames of two powerful auras dance together beautiful behind his lids. A pushed his flames against Zelo’s, caressing the boy’s entire spirit with a gentle warmth.

 

Zelo shuddered and his hand reached out for Yongguk’s. They intertwined like vines, fitting perfectly together like the last piece of a puzzle, and the satisfying feeling of holding each other was the feeling of putting the final piece of a million pieced puzzle in place. Yongguk lifted Zelo and sat him on his lap, so that the boy was facing him. With their hands together, Yongguk p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter