3 2/2

•coffee shop•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 2/2

Change

♦  §  ♦

 

 

Yongguk panted, his strength going back. Zelo's body lay about four feet away from his. It was limp. The boy was barely breathing, his shallow breaths barely making movement. Yongguk scrambled up onto his knees and moved towards the boy.

 

"Zelo...Zelo!" He tried to wake the boy up. Zelo remained in his deep sleep, eyes closed and all.

 

Yongguk sat by him, observing the boy's facial features intently. “You idiot... Why would you save me...? I'm nothing to you..." Yongguk murmured, gently moving the boy's blue locks from his face. He noticed that Zelo was shivering.

 

"! He has a fever!" Yongguk cursed. As soon as these words left his mouth, loud thunder interrupted him. He looked out of the broken window, past the ripped curtains and the broken glass ornaments. The sky was darker, and there was a faint grey smoke that formed letters again. This time, Yongguk was quick to react and he squinted his eyes to read what it said.

 

"30 minutes until destruction of homes."

 

Yongguk cursed loudly, scrambling to get up on his feet. He ran to the closet, changed out of the suit and took more comfortable clothing. He took a duffle bag and stuffed food, weapons, potions and the first aid kit into it before zipping it up. Going back into the closet, he took some clothes for Zelo that matched his.

He took the remaining food from their makeshift pantry and carried it using his flames. Yongguk then looked at Zelo's limp body on the ground.

"Should I take him??" Yongguk wondered. He thought about the pros and cons of letting the kid join him. Soon, he heard the timer for the destruction of the building say that there was only ten minutes left Yongguk turned and walked out slowly... He was still contemplating on whether or not to take the boy. He stopped in his track, shutting his eyes and biting his lip. " it all!" He growled running back into the tower to take Zelo. He slung the boy over his shoulder and made a run for the forest. When he was far enough, he climbed the tallest tree in the forest that he could find and watched as the manor was destroyed by large explosions. The building was blown away and Yongguk smiled at the sight of fire engulfing the buildings remains. He sighed however when the burden of building a shelter lay upon his shoulders. He heard animals moving in the northern part of the forest.

When Yongguk made it to the bottom of the tree again, rain started to pour.

"Oh ." Yongguk wailed. He picked up Zelo and the things and ran into a nearby cave that he spotted.

He set the boy down, and placed a bag of clothes under his head. Yongguk started a fire, deciding that he would make one without wood this time because everything was wet. He hummed as he boiled water above the fire. He made a structure near the fire with wood he found by the cave entrance to hang his wet shirt. Zelo was soaking wet in his bloody suit, his shivering made more obvious by the chattering of his teeth.

Yongguk decided that, if Zelo was to stay with him, he needed him to be healthy. Or maybe it was an excuse to see the boy's bare body. Yongguk would never admit that. Ever.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Zelo's mother reached out her hand for him...

 

"Come, Zelo... Come with me..." She called out. Zelo stood up from the tall meadow grass and looked at his mother in shock. She had been dead for eight years...

 

His blue eyes softened. "Mom...?"

 

She laughed, her eyes crinkling in joyous laughter. "Yes, dear. It's me..."

 

Zelo took a step forward, his legs wobbling and his mind doubtful. He hesitated; his feet stopped moving the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter