1

•coffee shop•
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

The Games

 

♦ § ♦

 

Zelo walked into the coffee shop as he was directed by the Manager. He didn't why he was told to go there. He received a letter from the coffee shop, telling him that he was signed up by the Mystics, because they felt a strange aura coming from him. He couldn't deny the strange aura they talked about. The amount of secrets he kept was almost too much. It consumed his being. Zelo sighed as he packed his bags and put his clothes together. He was given his uniform to be part of the coffee shop. Apparently, he would be with seven other men. They were all required to be there; Zelo just hoped they wouldn't force him to work with anyone. Actually he hoped to get out of the coffee shop, even though everyone he knew who went in there never came back out. That was the least of his worries though. Zelo wanted to know what he was expected to do there. Why did he have to go? Why did the Mystics put him on the spot? Surely there were others with worse problems. Surely.

 

Deciding that it was pointless to continue thinking about the subject, the young teen finished his packing. He looked at his figure at the mirror, staring at the deep blue eyes and the blue-silver hair. He took the silver jumpsuit everyone in the city was supposed to wear and slipped it on, zipping it up and fixing the collar before running a hand through his distinctly colored hair.

 

His room was silver and blue, his two favorite colors. The high-tech machinery in his room beeped three times to signal his time of departure. Zelo shut the machinery down with a quick type on a pad by the tube. These were the machinery that kept his body alive by producing an ancient gas called oxygen that had run out a thousand years ago.

 

The cubicle became dark and only the small red light by the main machine illuminated the room with its faint glow. Zelo entered the transport tube and pressed a carefully selected pattern of numbers. The tube glowed a bright white and Zelo appeared in the coffee shop's main entrance tube. He was the first in the traditionally designed lobby.

Antique furniture decorated the elaborately decorated room. There was a large chandelier hanging, and by the information given to Zelo by his technologically advanced eyes, it was made of pure and solid gold. The boy lat his suitcase down next to him and he pulled his jumpsuit's sleeve up; he really was too early. There was a fireplace- something Zelo had never seen in his life. And there were beautiful couches that were decorated just as elaborately and delicately as the carpet and cloth that covered surfaces. It was truly breathtaking. Zelo took a few steps forward. It was then that he noticed the fur. Right in front of the fireplace was a huge white dog. Zelo's heartbeat quickened and his breathing hitched. Based on information he knew, all the dogs in the planet have long been extinct. He had never seen a dog before and it was a beautiful creature in his perspective.

"He's beautiful isn't he?" A deep, husky voice interrupted his thoughts. Zelo whipped around, his hands clutching his suitcase tightly. "Yes...He is." Zelo replied after a short blank moment. The man had red-black hair and distinct red eyes that seemed to glow even without the light. He was wearing clothes that were unfamiliar to Zelo but his knowledge of history let him know that it was called a suit.  "I'm Yongguk, a red-blood. I assume you were told to come here as well like me and the others." Yongguk took a hand out of his pant's pocket for Zelo to shake. "It’s a pleasure to meet you. I'm Zelo, a deep blue-blood. And yes, I was told to come here by the Mystics." Zelo smiled politely and shook his hand. Yongguk rolled his eyes at the mention of the Mystics. "The Mystics are just a group of Know-it-all idiots."

Zelo chuckled, his eyes glowing. "But yes, it is, indeed a great pleasure to meet you, Zelo." Yongguk said, kissing Zelo's hand delicately. Zelo smiled through a shiver that ran up and down his spine. "Now, let me take you to meet the others."

Zelo picked his suitcase up and followed Yongguk to a series of hallways that looked exactly alike.

After almost ten minutes of walking and taking turns to more hallways, Zelo finally gathered enough courage to ask Yongguk a question. "Yongguk-ssi, where are we going?" Zelo's clear voice stopped Yongguk.

 

"We're going to our side of the manor." Yongguk smiled.

 

"Our…side??" Zelo asked again, when Yongguk started walking. “Yes. We were all partnered up and apparently I was partnered up with some young teen. I was told to pick you up from the lobby and take you to our room for you to change and then take you to the garden's center." Yongguk explained.

 

Zelo's stomach dropped when he was only "some young teen" to Yongguk. He didn't like that feeling.

Yongguk made a sharp left turn and the hallways changed in design and color. It was a blend of red and blue. Zelo knew at once that they were in the right place.

 

"Here are your keys. They will be explained to you later." Zelo took them and placed them inside his necklace's locket for safe keeping.

Yongguk leaned forward to open the wooden door. Zelo stared at Yongguk from behind. The man had broad shoulders and his muscles seemed to ripple with every movement.

"Here we are..." Yongguk let out a sigh of contentment.

Zelo put his suitcase down and took in the sight of the room. It was a huge room. There was a large bed in the center with side tables on each side. There was also a bathroom on the right side. The entire left wall was made of glass, and it gave a perfect view of the coffee manor's rose garden. It was breathtakingly beautiful. The room's design was modernized but not as modern as their year (3013). The color of their room was all white with hints of red, blue and silver.

Yongguk appeared with Zelo's suit. "Change into these." He said, smiling kindly.

"Alright..."

Zelo stripped himself of clothing and bathed himself before wearing the new clothes.

The clothes were an exact match to Yongguk's. The pants and blazer wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter