Serendipitous Love (Kris)

The Watch of Fate

It was only yesterday your best friend Yeji bought herself the “恋人検出器(Koibito kenshutsu-ki)” or the soul mate(love) detector as you would like to call it. She and her soul mate seem to be getting to know each other and she seems twice as happier than she was. After seeing not just Yeji, but many others on the streets, you could notice that their faces seem brighter than ever. Convinced by the change in atmosphere around you, you had decided to buy the watch.

The watch didn’t seem to be working. You had let it go for one day thinking it’s probably trying to adjust to the day or something of that sort, but after 2 days of being oblivious of it not working, you decided to go back to where you bought it and as for a refund. After you stepped out, closing you apartment door behind you, a familiar figure greeted you, “Good evening _______-ah!” It was your neighbor Kris or YiFan as he preferred you to call him. ‘To put into simple words, you were in love with Kris. You fell in love with the way his eyes would crinkle when he smiled. His amazing height. His caring nature and broad shoulders on which you’ve cried on, very often when stressed or if you had a bad day, or when your boyfriend cheated on you. He was what you considered a best friend. He always had been there for you, from the very start. Of course he’s had his fair share of favors from you. When he was sick you’d always take care of him. When he couldn’t sleep you both would spend the night talking with each other about various things on the rooftop. When he had a bad day you too were always there for him.’ All this going through your head as you drifted deep into oblivion. You were so oblivious to your surroundings, you failed to notice you soul mate watch beeping. That was until Kris called out to you, “_________? Earth to _______~” Kris chided waving his hands in front of your face. You then woke up to reality and noticed your watch was beeping. “What the…” Kris seemed rather puzzled by the beeping too. “Oi, ______ what’s with your watch? It’s beeping! You met your soul mate? Where is he?” Kris was moving his head side to side as if he were searching for someone, and only then did you realize, “It’s you, idiot” You almost whispered, only for yourself to hear. Or so that’s what you thought. “Me?” Kris became silent. You could see a shade of red color his cheeks. Kris slowly smiled to himself. “I didn’t want you to find out this way _____-ah. Yes, I’ve liked you for quite some time now.” You  couldn’t help but blush, your cheeks turning a shade of pink. “Well, I like you too” You smiled at the ground while saying so. “How about some coffee?” Kris asked, trying to make you more comfortable. “Sure.” You smiled. You couldn’t have thanked the creator of the 恋人検出器(Koibito kenshutsu-ki) more.