Courageous Stride (Suho)

The Watch of Fate

Year 2050, April 12th

You lived in a world less interesting. The trend these days was the new “soul mate watch” as everyone called it. Apparently it was a watch that counted down as to when you will meet your soul mate. You couldn’t care less about such things. You believed in finding your soul mate in a more natural manner as your mum once said.

Seeing all your friends ending up with their soul mates, being happy, you wanted to know what it felt like. As the famous saying goes, “Curiosity kills the cat.” You went to the nearest gadget store  to finally buy yourself this “soul mate watch”. “Sorry mum” You said apologetically. It felt like going against your mum’s views, but you knew if she were in your place, she’d have done the same.

The beep went off as the soul mate watch around your wrist showed 30 seconds left. Yes, 30 seconds left for you to meet your soul mate. You were at a park. You practically couldn’t sleep all night as you were revising the scenario of meeting your soul mate in your head. Your heart was racing. This was it, 20 seconds left. You started anxiously biting your lip. There was this sudden urge for you to get up from your bench and walk along the river at the park. Like a scene from a film, when your watch beeped to show there were 10 seconds left, the petals of the cherry blossoms gracefully fell down like snow. Your mum had once said, “When meeting your soul mate you should be happy. Act like you had never expected it. Back in my day, we never had these watches invented. Meeting our so-called soul mate was more fun…” Your thoughts were interrupted just when a handsome man was standing in front of you, your watch beeping to show the countdown has finally come to an end. He was smiling. You had to admit, his smile was priceless. He was handsome, he seemed mature and gentleman-like judging by his clothes. On a whole he was your type. “Hello.. Looks like..” He scratched the back of his neck. There was a slight awkward silence.  You saw that he had the watch as well. His watch read zero. You didn’t know meeting your soul mate would be this awkward. At first you found his shy personality cute, but if you were to admire it any longer, the silence will last longer than it was supposed to. To lighten the mood you had to do something. And so you in your breath and stuck out your hand. Not the best thing to do when meeting someone you were about to spend your life with(maybe), but it's a start. He looked down, and looked back at you, glad that you're making an effort to take things forward. He took hold of your hand, shaking it. “Kim Joonmyeon” he finally spoke. “_________  ________” , You replied with a shy smile.  "That's a lovely name, _______" The way he said your name made you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. "Say, how about some coffee? A friend of mine runs a cafe near by. It's on me." Joonmyeon said, this time sounding more confident than before. And you gladly complied. 

[A/n: It's a really short story.. I know, more like a drabble nee~? It's around 526 words.. Is that considered a drabble? o.o anyways, I just had the need to post this and so I did. Hope you all liked it! (^^)]