The Bus Ride (Baekhyun)

The Watch of Fate

After an exhausting first day at University, Baekhyun was going back home. His apartment complex was in a different ward(District) of Seoul from his University. While his University was at Gwanak-gu, his apartment was at Seocho-gu. All this being the reason for his travelling by bus.

He was particularly excited about taking the bus today. He looked down at his watch expectantly. His watch was rather unusual. His best friend Chayeol gifted it to him on his birthday. Chanyeol claimed, it would count down to when he’d meet his soul mate. The watch read: “00 hrs.05mins.10secs.” His bus had arrived and he got on, filled with excitement, knowing that he was about to meet his soul mate in a while. He took the seat beside the window.  The bus that day, was luckily quite empty. Just Baekhyun and 5 others or so. He couldn’t stop looking at his watch. Just when his watch started beeping, the bus had stopped at another one of its stops. A girl, just about his age, with rosy cheeks and pink bouncy lips and beautiful wavy brown hair which wasn’t too short or long, got on. She seemed to be smiling to herself. She was listening to music, probably the reason why she wasn’t able to hear her watch beeping. His eyes met with her big brown eyes, and he had to admit, it was love at first sight. He smiled at her, and she got the message.

She chose to sit beside him. She finally removed her earphones and introduced herself. “__________ ___________. And you?” She smiled. “Byun Baekhyun.” He said. Out of excitement, he wore a smile so big and genuine, it reached his eyes. She found the boy intriguing and cute. She too smiled back, her smile reaching her eyes as well. Just as she was about to look down at her feet to take a moment to collect her thoughts, she noticed his hands. “My, you have such pretty hands.” She exclaimed, not really expecting herself to say it out loud. Baekhyun’s cheeks turned to a shade of pink. “Well… I don’t know if I should be thanking you because I’m not exactly sure if that was a compliment.” She looked up at him and shook her head, still smiling. “It was a compliment for sure.” “You’re pretty when you smile, __________-ah. If you want to stay with me you have to smile a lot, got it?” She nodded. “Could … I..?” She pointed to herself and him. Baekhyun, not too sure of what she was meaning, he nodded with a confused look. She let out a sigh, and rested her head on his shoulder. At first his torso stiffened, but he started getting used to it and relaxed. “University was so exhausting today. I just need to… Feel better.” Baekhyun slowly raised his hand to her head. He then wrapped the other hand, securely around her waist to make sure she wouldn’t fall off. Baekhyun wished to stay like this forever. Just him, and his petite soul mate in his arms. 

[A/n: I'm extremely sick.. I'm currently updating even though I'm at the hospital. I'll be discharged in two days, but I will update. But, since I'm at the hospital, I don't exactly have time to proof read. But I will soon, and I'll make the changes.. (I'm supposed to be sleeping, but I'm not because I can't. I will proof read since I don't have anything else to do and then I will actually sleep.. Or I might finish this series with the one last one shot I have left! ::3) xD Thank you for reading, hope you like it so far. Please comment, vote and subscribe! (^^)]