The Lonely Side of the Park (Chanyeol)

The Watch of Fate

There you sat, on a cold wooden bench. The sun was setting and the scenery was truly lovely. The park was empty for how cold the weather was. It was Christmas, and you were alone. You looked at your watch, expectantly. “00hrs. 00mins. 57secs.” You were excited. And out of all the excitement you were restless. Slowly tracing out the scenario in your mind. You were imagining the various ways you could possibly meet your soul mate. ‘What if he doesn’t like my hair?’ You thought.. “Argh~ I picked the wrong day to leave my scarf and mittens at home.” You exclaimed, frustrated.

And then went off your watch. “Beep beep beep..” You turned to your right seeing a tall man approaching your bench. He was unusually tall.

When his face came into view, you could see his features. His ears highlighted his looks. They were popping out, which to you, was cute. He had eyes which were pretty big. He was smiling, hence enabling your view of his perfect and white teeth. He looked charming. He stopped right in front of you, “You must be the one I’ve been searching for. Chanyeol.” He extended his hand. “Uhmm.. Yes. _________ _________” You tried to sound sophisticated and not-so-nervous. But looking at his face, you ought to smile.

You extended your hand as well, shaking his. He sat right beside you. “What is a pretty girl like you doing all alone in this empty park?” “It’s not empty, there’s you, me, and a few others..” You trailed off searching for other people. It was pretty lonely. You were sitting in the less-visited side of the park. “Well, there are people at the other side.” You say, trying to seem optimistic. “Aren’t you cold though, ________-ssi?” “Oi, drop the honorifics, you make me feel and sound old.” You say chuckling a little. He chuckled in reply. “Alright. Well, ..” He removed his scarf and wrapped it around both your’s and his neck. He took both your hands in his, and blew on them, in attempt to transfer some of his heat to you. Touched by his gesture, you blushed. “Omo, __________, Your hands are freezing cold. It’s like I’m touching ice!” He took your right hand between his hands and started rubbing your hand and blew on it again. You felt warm. He did the same to your left hand. “I have an idea!” He exclaimed. He took out his gloves from his jacket’s pocket. He put your left hand into his glove and he put his right hand into his glove.  He then linked his left hand with your right hand. “Now you’re bound to feel warm ne?” He asked smiling like a little child. You smiled back and thanked him. “So then, ___________, How about we get you some hot chocolate from the café nearby?  You’ll feel warm again. I’ll pay!” He said, excited. “Sure! I’ll pay you back when we meet again!” You declared, wearing a wide smile. “So there’s a next time too?” He asked, suddenly overjoyed. You nodded. “And, also, no need to pay back. It’s really alright!” Chanyeol said, with a slight whining tone. “If you want to meet the next time then you better let me pay you back.” You said in a teasing manner. “Oh.. Alright!” Chanyeol exclaimed in defeat. You both laughed at each other’s childish behavior. “Let’s go then!” You exclaimed. Chanyeol happily nodded.

And so, you both were off the café.

 

[A/n: Sorry for the super late update! My exams were on and after they ended, my friends have been dragging me from city to city! I visited Kyoto, Nagano, Utsunomiya, all in a week! o.o Whoo~ so now that I finally have time, I'm updating (Before my friends start dragging me around again). Hope you all like it so far~ (^^) please comment, vote and subscribe! (^^) /bows 90 degrees/ once again, I apologize for the delayed update.]