Lights and Music (Lay)

The Watch of Fate

It was just another day when you were visiting the park for some peace and quiet. Yes, you lived alone and were peaceful and quiet. But you needed some fresh air.

You walked down the cemented path, in the middle of the park. It was late in the evening, about 7 ‘o’ clock, looking side to side at your beautiful surroundings. Trees after trees, some shrubs and bushes and also iridescent flowers filled up the empty patches of the grass. Usually late in the evenings, colorful lights light up the park, and so it was today as well. However, today the park wasn’t as crowded as every other day. You continued walking further, into the park. Yes this park was huge. It covered practically half of the city.

You later chose the path along the river to look at the lights’ reflection. Quite a scene, it all was.  You smiled in appreciation of the beauty possessed by the park and generally nature. You continued looking and admiring your surroundings, until a faint sound was heard. You tried focusing on this sound. It sounded more like music. Wait no, a guitar. It was soothing to hear. It washed off all your worries for the day. You continued following the music, your pace gradually picking up.

Trusting your hearing ability seemed like the right thing to do.  You ended up a few meters away from a tree lit up with yellow lights. Under it was a wooden bench, on which sat a man, simply strumming his guitar away into oblivion. He seemed so absorbed in his playing that his eyes were closed and he failed to notice your presence.

You too were so oblivious of your surroundings that you failed to notice your watch was beeping. The beeping, after a while, shook you out of your trance. You were rather annoyed with it, for it had brought you back to reality. You looked down to find your watch reading: ‘00hrs.00mins.00secs.’ Finally understanding that this beautiful man, was your other half. You were quite surprised, but you were very happy as well. You then realized, the music had stopped. You looked up to find the man looking at you. His watch was beeping as well. He looked at his watch, pressing the button. He looked back at you and smiled, his dimple deepening. He shifted from his seat a little and patted the space beside him, as if to ask for you to sit beside him. You gladly approached the bench and took your seat beside him. Without saying a word, he changed the song he was once playing, to a more cheerful song. The song seemed more like his happiness being interpreted through it. You swayed a little in your place, closing your eyes to enjoy the music better and to get the actual feel of it. After seven minutes or so, he had finished his interesting piece and looked at you. Realizing the end of the song, you had opened your eyes only to find him looking at you. You both looked into each other’s eyes, holding your gazes steadily. It was as if all your emotions were felt and understood by just staring deep into each other’s eyes.

“You play very well.” You finally spoke, complementing him. He smiled, his dimple once again shown. In your eyes, he seemed perfect and calm. You couldn’t have been more satisfied about having him as your soul mate.

“Thank you.” He finally spoke. He even had a beautiful and calming voice. Your face lit up on hearing his voice. “Zhang yixing.” He said. “__________ ____________” You replied, your smile still plastered on your face. He chuckled a little. “You’re cute when you smile.” He said. You tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and smiled at the grass. You were blushing. You looked up at him once again saying, “You’re cute too.” This time your smile reached your eyes. He once again chuckled. “How long have you learnt the guitar then?” You ask, breaking the silence. “From a very young age. I don’t quite remember.” “I see.. I’ve always wanted to learn the guitar.” Yixing ruffled your hair, yet again chuckling and said,”Well, now you have me. I could teach you.” He kindly offered. “Really? That’s great. I’m looking forward to your teaching Yixing-ssi” You replied, smiling in a cute manner. Yixing frowned a little, “Lose the formalities. We are going to be together right? “ He said, grinning. You nodded and once again, blushed.  “I play the piano too.” He said, boasting in a cute way. You smiled. You were tired from the long walk through the park. Your tiredness hence causing you to rest your head on his shoulder. The sudden skinship shocked Yixing a little. Nonetheless he enjoyed every bit of it and ended up your head. “Have you had dinner yet __________-ah?” “Nope.” You simply answered, lifting your head from his shoulder to look at him. He packed his guitar into its case.  Yixing swiftly slipped his hands into yours to intertwine your fingers with his. He stood up, pulling you along with him. “We are having dinner together. I hope you like Italian. Consider this a first date. My friend Kyungsoo owns this great place. My treat.” He chided like a happy child. You giggled at his adorable behavior and ended up agreeing. 

With Yixing around, there was more color and excitement to your life now. You couldn’t be any happier about him being your soul mate.

[A/n: Yup, and that's a double update for today! Living by myself gets boring and so I ended up writing two scenarios today. Hope ya'll liked it. Well, It's 2:16 am now..Good night! (Well, I might end up updating maybe just one more so then I'd only 2 left. keke~) Please comment, vote and subscribe. Thank you.(^^)]