Lost (Kai)

The Watch of Fate

There you were standing outside your new high school.  You checked your watch which your friend from your previous school had gifted you before your leave. This watch, it was different. Your friend told you about how it counts down to when you would meet your soul mate. Even thought you found it surreal, you couldn’t help but hope. Your heart was pounding against your chest when you saw it read ‘03hrs.22mins.48secs.’ Without further ado, you walked in, a little nervous about if you’d make any friends around there. You held out your letter which you had received from the school which let you know about which class you were going to be in. According to the letter you were supposed to be in class 2-2.

 

You had to admit, the school was pretty huge from your previous one. It was flooded with students too.

You wanted to ask someone about where your class was, but everyone seemed to be busy, dwelling in their own worlds, plus, you were shy. You weren’t quite the type to seek attention and so, made it a mission to find the classroom all by yourself.

After wandering for about what seemed like twenty minutes, you had finally found your classroom. You stepped in, just in time for the attendance to be taken, hence you weren’t considered late.

It was now lunch. You were made to introduce yourself in front of your new class. Your day wasn’t bad so far. Everyone seemed pretty friendly .

And since it was lunch break, there came the time for you to search for the cafeteria. Yet again, you began wandering.

It was only when you finally reached the cafeteria, did your watch start beeping. You gasped, and got excited. This was it, you were finally going to meet him. You stopped walking, looked down at your watch. ‘00hrs.00mins.8secs.’ The familiar sensation of your pounding heart was back. You smiled as you were staring at your watch. And then you felt it. Someone bumped into you. The impact had caused you to lose your balance. You closed your eyes, expecting to fall onto the floor. But somehow there was no pain, nor could you feel the surface beneath your body. When you opened your eyes, you saw a handsome young boy with worry in his eyes. “I’m so sorry! I was in a hurry and I didn’t see… Argh! I’m so sorry.” The boy said. You noticed how his hand was wrapped around your waist, preventing your fall. You could feel the heat running through your body, and you could imagine yourself blushing about the close proximity between yours and his face. Your silence seemed to have confused the poor boy, hence he questioned, “Hey, are you alright? Stop  staring, you’re making me feel guilty!” A smile started creeping onto your lips. Using him for some support you helped yourself to your feet, since you were on your heels all this while. “I’m fine thank you.” You finally spoke. He let out a soft sigh of relief. “Geez, I didn’t know my first encounter with my soul mate would be this way. Once again, I’m sorry.” You gave him a reassuring smile telling him how, you’re alright and that he didn’t have to beat himself up about it. “Say, how about I get you lunch to show you how sorry I am.” He said, finally smiling. He had a beautiful smile which reached his eyes. You found yourself falling for him, and his smile, for how his eyes crinkled as he smiled and how charming he looked. He seemed rather polite too. You nodded, introducing yourself. “I’m ___________ __________ btw. I’m new to this school.” You extend your hand to shake hands with him. He did end up shaking hands with you while introducing himself as well, “I’m Kim Jong In. You’re new? I could show you around you know? If any of those snobby girls are mean to you, tell me. I’ll protect you.” He said, winking. Once again, heat rushed up to your cheeks, enabling you to blush. And you smiled. “I’m going to take that as a yes. Come on, there’s mac and cheese today. Let’s get it before It runs out.” He said, whining a little. You nodded. He intertwined your fingers with his, and off you both were to get yourselves some mac and cheese.