Protected. (Tao)

The Watch of Fate

She finally came home, closing the door behind her. Checking her watch she sighed. It read: “00hrs.15mins.17sec.”

She got back home from work, all tired out. Too tired, that she couldn’t make herself any dinner. It was quite late, but she had decided to eat out at a restaurant near by. She had come back home to get more money since, being generous as she was, she had lent money to her colleagues.

She was walking on the side walk of a street when she had a weird sense of being followed. Her grip on her purse tightened. She also tightened her grip around her phone. As the street grew more quiet, she was able to hear footsteps too. She tried taking many detours but the footsteps dind’t seem to stop.  She quickened  her pace and so did the footsteps behind her quicken. Out of breath, she slowed down a little. Then, she felt someone place their arm on her shoulder and turn her around. The man, pushed her up against the nearest wall, making her lose her grip she had on her phone. “Looks like today’s not your day love. Now this will be quick if you cooperate.” Said the man, whose face she couldn’t see because of the dark. He pulled out, what seemed like a knife and she was twice as scared. she was speechless, she didn’t know what to say.Her face had worry and fear written all over it. Down her cheeck, rolled a tear. Following which, many more rolled down. “Don’t worry sweety. I’m not going to hurt you. All you have to do, is give me all the cash that’s in that purse. I will leave you then. Simple isn’t it?” He asked, in a teasing manner. Just then her watch started beeping. Before she knew it, she didn’t feel the guy pushing her against the wall. She slid down to sit on the side walk, out of shock. She was still crying and scared. She looked up to see the man being beaten up by another man.

There laid the theif, grunting with pain on the ground. She looked up to see a boy, who looked rather young. He seemed concerned. He pulled her into his embrace, and rubbed comforting circles on her back. “I wish we had a better first encounter. “ He spoke. His voice was very deep and low, comforting at the moment. She cried into his shirt. He sighed and continued speaking, “Are you hurt?” She looked up at his face, tears stills pouring out. She shook her head, as if to answer “No.” He simply gave her an innocent smile. “Don’t worry. I called the cops. You’ll be fine. Had dinner yet?” She yet again, shook her head. He took hold of her arms and pulled her up to stand. “I’m Huang Zi Tao by the way. You don’t have to be scared even the slightest when I’m around. I learnt wushu from a very young age. I’ll protect you if anything happens altight? Please don’t be scared and smile a little.” He said. She nodded. “Thank you.” She finally spoke, words broken a little. Her voice, frail. She was still shocked. He smiled at her.

The cops had come, and arrested the theif. She felt  better, compared to a while ago. She felt more safe.

Tao held onto her hand helping her walk. “I’m ________ __________.” She said. “That’s a beautiful name.” He said, in hopes of making her feel better. She looked deep into his eyes. They were mesmerising. “Come on, fasten your pace! We don’t want the restaurant to close up already now, do we? You’ve got to have your dinner!” He said in a slightly more cheerful tone. She smiled back at him. “You have a beautiful smile. Let’s put tonight’s events behind us and smile more often in the future.” He said. “Yeah. Let’s do that.” She said, smiling at the ground, feeling much better. She was thankful to have found someone who was kind and someone who could protect her.

 

[A/n: I'm very sorry everyone, for the late update. I haven't been so well (Health wise) for the past few days. I haven't eaten at all since I have no apetite. I just drink broth twice a day, for the past 4 days. I guess I'm better now since I seemed to have regained my energy(I think..), and so the update. Hope you liked it.. I was out of ideas so I had no other way to put it. xD I mean, Tao's talents are put to good use here that's why.. Anyways, please vote, subscribe and comment. Thanks for reading and being patient. (^^)]