Project: LOVE

Is It You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was on her way to class, taking her seat near the far edge of the window. Taking in the cool fresh breeze and warm sunlight brush lightly against her silky smooth skin.

When suddenly *BOOM* She immedietly shot her eyes wide open, looking to her right where the massive impact had come from. As her eyes slowly rise up, she saw Yong Hwa smiling while pulling out his seat next to her.

"Nice to see you again chingu!" He said extending his right arm for a handshake.

"Ahem...Ne. Bangapseubnida Yong Hwa-ssi."

"Why so formal? It's as if we don't know eachother."

"Ahh..geugeo-"

Suddenly their songsaengnim walks in the room, the room grew silent and not a single squeek was heard. Placing her belongings on the old beat up wooden desk, she wrote down on the board the class assignment before introducing the lesson today.

"I will assign partners for this project and it will count 50% of your grade. I suggest you listen well." She came out forward. "The rules are simple. You must conduct such melody that must incorporate modern music but remaining between the native culture we all once grew listening apon. My grading will be simple. I am not looking for perfection. I am looking for creativity and the passion put in this project. I will only say this once. NO CHEATING IN MY CLASS. That is, there will be no outside help or participation of another group. Your work is confidential and if I ever hear a single composition similar to that of another, you will immedietly receive a zero on your project. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

"Ne songsaengnim!" The class monotonously reply. 

"I don't want to have another repeat of this." Whispered the teacher loud enough for all to hear. "Cham! Let's get started shall we?" 

She started naming off the groups one by one. There were groups of two or three and even a soloist. It surprised each and everyone and it surely brought the tension among competitors. It was like the race to the top. It was no ordinary scaling.

"I heard from last years class, Ssaem graded in order having number one as the highest and 10 the lowest. It's a make or break it." One of the students whispered among their friends.

Shine Hye sat nervously, clutching to the bottom of her seat until her knuckles had turn bright red to pale. Yong Hwa on the other hand watched her tense up as their Ssaem inched closer to their direction. As she walked around the room, the choosen groups were slowly degrading the hopes of joinging larger groups to soloist. Finally it came down to three students. Seo Jin. Yong Hwa. Shin Hye.

"Cham! Geuraeseo, Seo Jin, Yong Hwa and Shin Hye. You three are left in the game. I choose..." She debated. Tapping her chin with her slightly used wooden pencil. "Seo Jin and...."

"Please don't pick me! Please don't pick me!" Thought Yong Hwa as he glanced to his left.

"Solo juseyo. Chebal Ssaem!" Shin Hye prayed as she anticipated their Ssaem answers.

"Seo Jin... you will be going solo. As for you two, well the hat choose you two to be partners. Now that everythings settled, I will each hand out your rubrics and I the due date will be posted soon. Keep practicing and use your time wisely. Your gonna need it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter