Chapter 8

EXOGWARTS [Hiatus]

A few weeks have passed.  Kai and Sehun heard about an elixir that can lift up people’s mood and since they were kind of tired and exhausted with training and their assignments, it was the perfect drink for them right now. They decided to brew the Elixir to Induce Euphoria. Of course they had no idea how to do it, so they went to the library and searched about it in books. Once they got the recipe and all the ingredients, they decided to go to the Hogwarts’ dungeons.

“Okay, do we have all we need?” asked Kai.

“Yup, I think so” replied Sehun.

“Let’s do this!” said Kai with a creepy grin on his face.

They did the concoction step by step: 1) Add Shrivelfig, 2) Add Porcupine quills, 3) Stir four times anti-clockwise, 4) Add Sopophorous beans, 5) Add Wormwood and 6) Stir six times anti-clockwise.

“Did we do this correctly?” questioned Sehun.

“I think so” answered Kai. ”Let’s have a toast and cheer up buddy!”

And so they did. They cleaned up everything and then they left to the Great Hall. Sehun sat down next to his brother Luhan and Kai next to the Beagle Line. Everything was normal until Kai suddenly started to feel very happy.

“Hey guys, don’t you think today the weather is really nice?” he asked.

“Hum… It’s okay I guess” said Baekhyun.

“No, no, no! It’s REALLY nice! Doesn’t that make you happy? Doesn’t that make you wanna sing?” said Kai pointing to the window.

“Huh… Not really, no” said Chanyeol, intrigued by Kai’s behaviour.

“Are you okay kid?” asked Chen. “You seem extremely happy…”

“I’m awesome! I’ve never been so happy in my entire life! I feel like singing right now!” said Kai with a stupid smile on his face. “Let’s have a group hug! Come on everybody!”

“What the hell?” questioned Baekhyun surprised by Kai’s action. “Are you drunk?”

“What’s wrong? Hugs are given when people are happy!” replied Kai.

“You’re extremely happy today. That’s not like you!” continued Baekhyun.

Then Kai suddenly started to scream.

“I WANT TO RIDE MY BROOMSTICK I WANT TO RIDE MY BROOOOM!”

The Beagle Line was stupidly petrified by this scene. They had no idea what was going on. At the other side of the hall, Sehun joined his friend’s insanity moment.

“BROOMSTICK, BROOMSTICK!” he shouted from his table.

“BROOMSTICK RACES ARE COMING YOUR WAY SO FORGET ALL YOUR DUTIES OH YEAH!” continued Kai.

Luhan was paralysed looking at his brother. He never saw him like that.

“Squid head are you stoned?” he asked.

“What?” asked Sehun with is eyes wide open. “Stoned? Of course not! I’M HAPPY!”

“Happy? I wouldn’t say happy… I would say euphoric” said Luhan with a worried expression. “Are you sure you’re not high? You had a lot of assignments these days, right? Please don’t tell me you…”

“I’m an honoured person Luhan! I never doped before and never will! I’m just really HAPPY today! ‘CAUSE THIS IS THRILLER! THRILLER NIGHT!“ shouted Sehun to his Gryffindor friend.

“AND NO ONE’S GONNA SAVE YOU FROM THE BEAST ABOUT TO STRIKE!” replied Kai dancing to the choreography.

Everyone was looking at these two crazy young men. Luhan and the Beagle Line decided to take them away to the corridor and ask them some questions.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” asked Chen. “And don’t say you’re happy!”

“But we are!” a smiley Kai answered.

“You should be tired and sleepy like the rest of your classmates! There’s no way you’re just this happy! Unless…” Luhan paused. “Unless you drank that elixir…”

“What elixir?” asked Baekhyun.

“The Elixir to Induce Euphoria!”

“Oh, that explains a lot!” said Chanyeol with an amused expression.

“How did you do it? That’s something only sixth-year-students can do!” questioned Luhan.

“We went to the library and we searched for it! We were feeling down and depressed so we decided to brew it” replied Sehun with a stupid smile.

“I can’t believe it! That’s actually a brilliant idea” said Chen looking at Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

“I don’t understand… This potion has no such effects… Unless you didn’t add the peppermint… Wait a minute…” Luhan looked with a serious face to the young men.

“Peppermint? HEY! I asked you if we had all we needed!” exclaimed Kai to Sehun.

“What is peppermint even?” questioned Sehun. “Why are you all so serious? Let’s sing everyone! IT’S CLOSE TO MIIIIDNIGHT! SOMETHING EVIL’S LURKING IN THE DARK!!!”

“UNDER THE MOONLIIIGHT! YOU SEE A SIGHT THAT ALMOST STOPS YOUR HEART!” sang Kai, following the lines.

The two young boys went outside and started to sing and dance. The other students started to gather to see what was going on. Between laughs and gossips, one after another started to sing and dance along with them. The truth is, in the last few weeks, everyone had a lot of assignments and tests and were exhausted. This little moment of insanity was exactly what they needed to relax and release their stress. Luhan and the Beagle Line were watching the whole scene with their mouths opened.

“Hey guys, what’s going on?” asked D.O. who was attracted by all that noise. “What on earth? Is that Kai? Oh and Sehun?”

“Those kids… They drank the Elixir to Induce Euphoria… And now… And now… Well, you can see with your own eyes” said Baekhyun, still with a dumbfounded expression.

“The Elixir of what???” asked D.O. with his eyes wide open. “How did they even do that?”

“They searched for it in books. But of course, they forgot to add peppermint” replied Luhan. “Even if he’s reading he always misses something important, that squid head!” said talking about his brother.

“How long is this going to last? I would like to sleep tonight” said Chen with a crying face.

“It depends on how much you drink… And I have a feeling they drank a lot” confessed Luhan.

Apart from worries, Kai and Sehun were having a blast, not realising the ridiculous scene they were making. But at least they were able to bring some energy to Hogwarts. Later that night, they were still pretty euphoric.

“I have to do something about you! If you go to the common room like that they will kill me! Stupid brother, when did you start to be so troublesome?“ cried Luhan on his way to the Hufflepuff common room with Sehun.

“Nah ah! You’re not going to our common room in that state! Tonight you sleep outside, we don’t care!” the Beagle Line exclaimed, leaving Kai alone with D.O.

“Oh God, why? Why am I always the only one that has to be with you in the end?“ sobbed D.O.

“Isn’t it great? Even though our friends already left, we can still have fun and sing!” said Kai.

“No, please no! No more singing! Enough for today!”

“What about dancing? I got some moves! Check this out” said Kai while he was dancing with all his energy.

“Seriously… I can’t believe you forgot to add peppermint. You guys are so stupid!”

“We’re not stupid! We were just tired so we probably skipped that step” said Kai in his defence.

“Next time you want to brew a potion call me first…”

“Really? I thought you didn’t like that. As you always say, I am bothersome” said Kai with a gloomy face.

“Not so happy anymore? The effects must be almost over… Finally” said D.O. looking at Kai’s depressed face.

“I still have a lot of energy inside, but I don’t feel like dancing anymore. Even if I take billions of this elixir when you say those things I always feel depressed” said Kai attempting to hear an apology coming from D.O. “Your words are very harsh”

“Good” said D.O. with a blank expression.

“Don’t you have feelings??? Are you always that cold? You know what? YOU NEED A HUG!” screamed Kai hugging D.O. very tight.

“What the hell man? Let me go! I can’t breathe!” said D.O. trying to release himself.

“Feel better?”

“Feel worse…”

“That’s the spirit! We need to do this more often!” said Kai completely ignoring D.O.’s burning stare.

“Well, it’s good to know that you are working hard… But next time you’re feeling down and tired just eat this” D.O. pulled something out of his pocket. “It’s chocolate.”

Kai took it and tried one bit. “Mmm it’s good! Where did you get this?”

“It’s chocolate from the Muggle world.”

“From… Really? How did you get this?” asked Kai in surprise.

“My mom sent it to me. She sends me chocolates once in a while.”

“Why not every day?”

“Because that way I would be as round as your face” replied D.O. pointing at Kai’s face. He had his mouth full of chocolate. “You look like a hamster.”

“Sorry dude, this is extremely good! I can’t control myself” said the younger one swallowing the last piece. “By the way, what is a hamster?”

“It’s an animal from the Muggle world” answered D.O. with a gentle smile.

“Wow! You sure know a lot from both worlds!” said Kai in admiration. ”You have to show it to me someday.”

D.O. softly smiled. Kai was the first person to tell him he wanted to visit his home. He didn’t know why, but every time he was with Kai he felt very proud of his origins. Things were definitely working for D.O. He no longer worried about talking to people and he was finally making friends again. All thanks to his new friends. All thanks to Kai. This young man had the special ability to give him strength and courage.

“What?”

“What what?” asked D.O. confused.

“What is wrong with your eyes? Why are they shinning like that?” questioned Kai approaching D.O.’s face.

D.O. blushed with Kai’s face next to him. “Nothing! Get away from me!”

“Man you’re weird! First you are all shiny shiny and the next second you are all dark and cold! You have a problem with expressing your emotions, don’t you?”

“What? Of course not…”

“Yeah right. You’re always showing that distant image but in reality you’re a kind and sunny person!”

“Sunny?” D.O. lifted his eyebrow.

“Yes. I saw how happy you were when you rode the broomstick with me, how happy you were when you went to Hogsmead with the boys, how happy you were when you left the Infirmary and saw us there waiting for you… No need to act all tough and macho! I know deep inside you love hanging out with us and you have the time of your life! And deep inside you are as crazy and funny as we are!”

“Nonsense!“ exclaimed D.O. embarrassed.

“Whatever dude! Don’t think I’m treating you differently just because you’re always serious. I’ll pull the inner child out of you, the one you have buried inside! That’s a promise!” said Kai giving D.O. a thumbs up.

“You’re crazy” said D.O. looking into Kai’s eyes. ”Go to sleep.”

It’s amazing how he could understand D.O.’s personality in such a short time. After all, they only met a few months ago. But D.O. was happy. Something like this never happened to him before. This must be true friendship.

Kai was still pretty euphoric. D.O. waited for him to calm down a little and then guided him to the Gryffindor’s side of the castle. Kai said the password, turned around, said goodbye to D.O. and then entered the room. D.O. stood there for a few seconds before leaving. For some reason he didn’t want to part ways, he wanted to spend all night long with Kai. He shook his head and then left.

“I must be going crazy” said with a soft smile.