Chapter 14

EXOGWARTS [Hiatus]

The next day, Kai and Sehun were very excited. It was the very first time they were in the Care of Magical Creatures class. They were anxious to see a real hippogriff and touch it. The students gathered outside the castle, in the forest, and were listening to the professor very closely.

“Pay attention, kids. A hippogriff is a very sensitive creature; you cannot be brusque or violent, otherwise they will attack you. You need to be gentle and approach it very gently and carefully, after you bow to him, of course!”

Then, the professor proceeded to call the magical creature. After a short time, it appeared, majestically, landing gracefully on the ground. Sehun and Kai were looking at it with their mouths open, admiring the creature with enthusiasm.

“Great, who wants to be the first one?” asked the teacher.

Kai and Sehun looked at each other, like they were challenging themselves for a duel. “I’m first and you’re second and whoever rides it worse has to be a slave for a whole day!” whispered Sehun. Kai nodded in agreement.

“I’ll go” said Sehun to the teacher.

“Okay son, come on” replied the professor, very excited. “Go easy”

Sehun bowed and little by little approached the magical creature. He was so nervous he started trembling.

“Don’t be afraid” said the professor. “He won’t hurt you”

Sehun then caressed the long neck of the animal and mounted him. “Okay, now what?” he asked.

The teacher then commanded the animal to fly. Spreading his long wings, giving a few steps forward, the creature lifted up in the air.

“It’s fast!” exclaimed Kai, surprised.

From up there, Sehun was able to see the entire castle of Hogwarts and its huge fields. The other students were able to see him through the windows. After a tour around Hogwarts, the hippogriff brought Sehun back.

“It’s amazing! It’s like riding a broom, only better!” said Sehun, expressing his feelings happily.

“Can I ride it too?” asked Kai, enthusiastically.

“Of course!” shouted the professor, happy to see his students interested in the class.

Kai proceeded to do exactly what Sehun did, bowing and approaching the animal little by little. After mounting it, he looked at Sehun and said “Let me show you how it’s done!” Then the professor commanded the magical creature to fly again. Kai was amazed. For him, that was the best feeling in the world: feeling the wind on his face and flying at full speed.

The professor was surprised to see that. “He’s gotta to be the only student to ride it with such confidence and speed!” he said.

Sehun looked at his teacher and asked “Do you really think so?”

“Of course! He’s something special!” he replied, enthusiastically.

Up there, Kai was having the time of his life. He decided to spread his arms and open his hands, like he was embracing the wind. The professor then called the hippogriff and he returned after a short time.

“Looks like he had fun!” said the teacher, looking at the animal.

“I had fun too” replied Kai, with a bright smile. Then he turned around and faced Sehun. “I was better!”

Sehun clenched his fist in jealousy. “Fine. You won!”

Kai smiled with a playful look on his face. He was going to take the chance of making Sehun his slave and make him feel miserable. At lunch time, Kai looked so relaxed and happy and the Beagle Line asked him what happened.

“I won a bet and Sehun is going to be my slave for a whole day!” he said, with an evil smile.

“Oh my God guys, you’re the best! Making bets like that! I feel like you’re our disciples!” said Baekhyun, smiling mischievously. Chanyeol and Chen laughed and nodded in agreement.

“I’m going to make him suffer! He’s gonna carry my books all day and he’s gonna make my homework, and we have tons of it!” continued Kai, keeping his evil look.

While Kai was happy and satisfied with it, Sehun was feeling terrible and gloomy. D.O. was worried and decided to ask him what was going on.

“I lost a bet and Kai is making me his slave. I hate that look on his face, like he is the king of the world! Only because he rode the hippogriff better than I did!” he replied, grinding his teeth.

“Is that so? You had your first class of Magical Creatures?” asked D.O.

“Yes” replied Sehun, still gloomy.

“I love that elective. It’s a lot of fun” said D.O., smiling.

“So far, it’s not funny at all” said Sehun.

“Well, it’s your fault. You know how good Kai is whenever it comes to flying” said D.O., smiling softly. Sehun glanced at D.O. with a judging look. “What?” he asked confused.

“You keep smiling every time you talk about Kai” he said.

D.O. said nothing. He remained silent for a while. “I don’t know what to do. I miss him” he said, with a sad expression.

Sehun didn’t look happy. “It’s your fault” he said, angrily. “It’s been a whole year, a lot of things happened to him and you weren’t a part of it.”

D.O. was surprised to hear that.

“Don’t give me those eyes, it’s true. You could have stayed by his side, instead you chose to abandon him” said Sehun, raising his voice in anger. “I won’t let you hurt him again!” He stood up and left.

“He’s right… For Kai I don’t even exist…” muttered D.O., tearing up a bit.

A dark night came and involved Hogwarts. It was raining a lot and the Astronomy class was cancelled. Kai was waiting for Sehun to return him his stuff. After teasing his friend a little bit more, he decided to go to bed and rest. When he was organizing his books for the next day, he noticed a strange notebook he never saw before. He thought it was Sehun’s, but he was intrigued with it and decided to take a look. The pages were all blank.

“This moron… He has a notebook but doesn’t even use it” he muttered. He decided to write: “To my beloved friend Sehun, who completely forgot about his notebook. Next time leave some candies too!” Then he started to turn on the pages again. “It’s really all blank”

He returned to the first page and he was looking at what he wrote. Suddenly, letters started to appear right under his sentences.

“This notebook doesn’t belong to Sehun”

Kai opened his eyes widely. “What is this, a magical notebook!?” he asked in surprise. “Well, of course it’s magical! We’re in Hogwarts, after all!”

“Belongs to who?” he wrote.

After a short time, the answer was written: “To you”

“Who gave this to me?” asked Kai, intrigued.

“A friend”

“A friend?” asked Kai, confused. “Was it Sehun?”

“No”

“Then who?”

“Someone you don’t know”

“How can that person be my friend if I don’t know who it is?”

“Trust me”

Kai was puzzled. He was intrigued how that notebook could answer his questions in real time and what could that be. He stared at it for a few minutes then he decided to close it and put it under his pillow. “Do I have any friends I don’t know? My memory has been fuzzy lately… Did I forget someone important?”

 

The next day, Kai decided to ask the Beagle Line for some help.

“Guys, I need a favour!” he asked.

“Wow, it’s been a long time since you asked that” said Baekhyun, surprised.

“Really? What for?” questioned Kai, not remembering a thing.

Baekhyun hesitated to answer. “You… Wanted to know something about… About… To be honest I don’t remember, sorry” he said, forcing a smile.

“Oh, okay… Well, but this time I want to know about this notebook” said Kai, while showing the object to them.

“Where did you get that???” asked Chen, in shock. “This is one of the legendary notebooks from the Tales of The Two Lovers!!!”

“What? I thought that was just a legend” said Chanyeol, intrigued.

“No, it’s real! There are only two notebooks! It was made by two wizards that belonged to two powerful families. Their love was forbidden, so they made two magical notebooks so they would be able to talk to each other in secret” explained Chen. “Where is the other one?” he asked.

“I don’t know! I don’t even know how I got this!” replied Kai, with an innocent face.

“Did you use it?” asked Chen again.

“Yes. I thought it was Sehun’s so I wrote him a message. And then the notebook answered, saying it was mine… You can read the conversation, it’s right here” said Kai, while pointing at the first pages.

“I can’t see it. No one can see it but you! The two lovers casted a spell on it, so they could be the only people on earth to be able to see the conversation, in case they lost the notebooks” continued Chen.

“Wow, you know a lot about it!” said Baekhyun, astonished. “But, if the two lovers are the only people who can read it, how does Kai…?” he asked, confused.

“Once you say everything you have to say to the person you love and once you find true happiness together with that person, the notebook erases everything and disappears, only to be found by another couple who really needs it” explained Chen, with enthusiasm. “This system is really clever!!!”

“So… Does that mean that I and the other person… Are in love with each other?” asked Kai, confused.

“Yes!!!” answered Chen, energetically.

“That doesn’t make sense! I don’t even know who the other person is! Besides, I’m not in love with anyone!” exclaimed Kai, worried about the situation.

“Don’t worry, if you’re using it, the notebook will give you the answers to all of your questions, sooner or later! You need to trust it” replied Chen, patting Kai’s shoulder. “Damn, I’m so jealous! I could use it on tests!”

The Beagle Line then left, leaving Kai alone with his thoughts. “I need to trust it, huh? The notebook said the same thing last night… Maybe I’ll do that…” he muttered.