Chapter 2

EXOGWARTS [Hiatus]

Days were passing by, and Kai was having a great time in Hogwarts. But of course, not everything goes as well as we should expect. Because he was very busy training for the Quidditch game, his grades were getting lower. Nothing to worry about, though. He was a good student, he was only having trouble with Potions. One day, he was crossing the corridor and the Beagle Line saw him.

“Look who’s here!” said Baekhyun.

“Hey! Why the blue face?” asked Chen.

“Oh, it’s nothing… I’m okay” replied Kai.

“Don’t tell me you got dumped by a girl!” said Chanyeol with a mocking smile on his face.

“I wish I had that kind of troubles…” answered Kai.

“Wait a minute… Perhaps you rejected a girl and now you have her entire army of friends chasing after you!” insisted Chen.

 “Nothing of the sort… It’s about my grades…”

“Oh… Sorry dude, we have great bodies but not great minds… You see, we’re kind of idiots” said Baekhyun turning around his head like he was not interested in the matter anymore.

“I know, I was expecting that… I’m doomed” said Kai in disappointment.

“Wait, wait… Perhaps we can help. We may not have the minds, but we know the minds” said Chanyeol suddenly.

“What do you mean?” asked Kai.

“Yeah, he’s right! We may not be able to help you directly, but we may be able to help you indirectly!” continued Chen.

“What…?” asked Kai confused.

“Don’t worry kiddo! What are your worries?” said Baekhyun, who was interested in the conversation again.

“I’m worried about Potions…” replied the young boy.

“Potions… Hum… Oh, I know who can help you with that!”

“Really? Who?” questioned Kai, with a smile full of hope on his face.

“He goes by the name D.O.” continued Baekhyun “he’s a third-year-student from Hufflepuff.”

“Great! Where can I find him?”

“That’s the problem… He’s never on corridors, and he spends most of his time on their common room” replied Chen.

“Perhaps you can find him in the library!” said Baekhyun to the Gryffindor’s new seeker.

“Okay… How does he look like?”

“He’s short, big eyes, red hair… And he’s probably sitting alone” replied Chanyeol.

“Sounds kind of lonely…” murmured Kai.

“Yeah, this guy is a mystery. But he’s very kind and he will help you for sure!” said Baekhyun with a smile.

Kai left towards the library. He was really desperate to get good grades, this guy D.O. was probably his last chance. Once he got there, he immediately started looking for him. There were more students than he was expecting. He searched everywhere but he didn’t find anyone who fit the description.

“This guy must be really, really short. I can’t find him anywhere” said Kai in a grumpy mood.

Suddenly he saw a silhouette near the window. It belongs to a short guy wearing glasses. He was very concentrated reading the book he was holding.

“Hi th…” Kai couldn’t finish his sentence because the other guy got startled and screamed “AAAHHH!!!” Kai got startled too, so he also screamed.

“WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?” asked Kai, who was having a mini heart-attack.

“Me??? What about you, showing up so suddenly!” said the short one.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you! I was just looking for this guy D.O…. Are you D.O.?” asked Kai.

“It depends” said the other one with a serious face.

“Depends on what?” asked Kai confused.

“Who wants to know that?”

“Oh, I’m sorry. Let me introduce myself. I’m Kai, I’m a second-year-student and I’m from Gryffindor.”

“And what wants a Gryffindor’s second-year-student from D.O.?”

“The Beagle Line told me this guy D.O. could help me with Potions… My grades are really, really bad, and I might fail if I can’t get a good result next week” said the seeker.

“The Beagle Line? Hell no! Tell those guys they need to find a better hobby than sending people to me!” said the other student.

“So, does that mean you’re D.O.?” questioned Kai impatiently.

“… Yeah… I’m D.O.” he answered.

“Please, please help me!!! I’m desperate!” begged Kai.

“Why don’t you ask another Gryffindor student? I’m pretty sure they will help you” said D.O. with an indifferent look on his face.

“Girls won’t stop staring at me and guys feel jealous. So no one can help me…”

“Who are you? Some kind of celebrity?” asked D.O. giving Kai a judging look.

“Actually… Yes… I’m Gryffindor’s new seeker” answered Kai a little bit shy.

“Oh, so you’re that kid everyone is talking about. No wonder guys feel jealous, girls talk about you every single time” said D.O., still indifferent to Kai’s request.

“I’m sorry to hear that… I just want to ride my broom and seek for the golden snitch, I don’t want to be an annoyance. So… will you help me?” insisted Kai.

“Nope. Sorry, unlike you I’m very busy with my assignments and exams” replied the other one with a cold tone on his voice.

“What? Even if I’m begging you?” asked Kai annoyed by his attitude.

“That’s right! Go ask Beagle Line for help. They always find a way to know what’s going to appear in every test” said the short one, reading his book again.

“And they said you would help me for sure…” muttered Kai.

They both looked at each other grinding their teeth. It was not a very good encounter. Kai was so upset with D.O. He couldn’t believe he was so insensitive towards him. At this rate, he was going to fail for sure.

Next day Kai looked like a mess. He was up all night trying to study for Potions. His friends could only laugh at him. “You’re good with your broom, not so good with your brains” they said.

Tao spotted Kai and wanted to know the reason for so many laughs.

“What’s up, Kai? Why are your friends laughing at you?” asked Tao faking a worried expression.

“I was up all night trying to study for Potions. But it was just a waste of time… I still know nothing… This is bad!” answered Kai with a desperate look on his face.

Kai rested his head on the table and closed his eyes. He was really tired.

“How can you be like that to your friend? He’s working hard! You should show more respect and help him!” said Tao with an aggressive tone.

Kai looked up and saw Tao’s very serious expression.

“There’s no need to be so mad, Tao! It’s okay. I still have hope” said Kai.

“I’m going to help you. After class, come to meet me at the library!” Tao then left. Kai looked at his friends and saw their scared faces.

“Come on guys, he’s not that bad. No need to be afraid!”

“We really admire you! You’re so brave to be able to talk to him… He’s really creepy!” said one of them.

“I know, I know. But he’s not that bad. Once you get close to him, he’s not that scary anymore.”

“Wow, you’re amazing!” they said.

Kai finished his classes and went to the library, as Tao told him. He was hoping he could help him study for this test so he got very excited. When he got there, Tao was sitting on a table in the back, with a bunch of guys.

“Sorry I’m late! My class delayed more than I was expecting!” said Kai.

“That’s okay kid! Here, have this” replied Tao.

Tao handed Kai an envelope. Inside were the Potion’s test and the right answers.

“Where did you get this?” asked Kai in shock.

“I have my resources! Don’t worry about that. Just study the answers and you’re gonna be fine” answered Tao.

Tao then left with his friends, leaving Kai alone. D.O. was watching the whole scene from afar.

“Are you really that desperate?” asked D.O.

“What? Hey, you scared me. What are you doing, spying on me?” questioned Kai.

“Don’t do it. Hand me that envelope” said D.O.

“What? No. This is my last chance…” said the younger one.

“You don’t want to do that. And this is not your last chance. You can study” said D.O.

“No, it’s impossible. I was up all night studying and it was just a waste of time… I still don’t get anything and I’m gonna fail for sure!” replied Kai with a desperate look on his face.

“Not with that attitude you will… Come on, hand me the envelope. You can never trust that guy” said D.O. with a serious face.

“Tao? Why?” asked Kai in surprise.

“You’ll never be a good wizard if you use those cheap schemes. And he’s not who you think he is” replied the short one.

“What are you talking about? He’s a nice person” said Kai.

“Well, that’s up to you to decide. Now choose, live like a cheater and fool your teachers or try your hardest and live a nice life” responded D.O.

“What is wrong with this guy?... If I give this to you, will you help me?” asked Kai in his last attempt.

“I have not such intentions. I’m just trying to keep you away from the wrong path. I’m already helping you” answered D.O.

“You’re so weird… If I promise to stay away from Tao, will you help me?” asked Kai one more time.

Kai was staring into D.O.’s eyes. He didn’t know why he didn’t like Tao, but for his success in this test, he was willing to do anything.

“Okay, I’ll help you” replied the short one.