Chapter 1

EXOGWARTS [Hiatus]

It was a cold afternoon. A lot of people were in the field waiting in line to sign the inscription.  Kai was among them. He entered Hogwarts last year and was bold enough to apply for the seeker position for the Quidditch game. The previous seeker got injured, so they had to replace him. A lot of Gryffindor older students were also there. It was going to be very challenging, since they were more experienced with brooms than Kai. He was the only second-year-student there. As the line was getting shorter, it was finally Kai’s turn to sign up.

"Hello there! You’re gonna have to write your name in here and your year too" said Chanyeol, one of Gryffindor’s Chasers.

Kai proceeded to do as told.

"Wait, you’re from the second year? Haha man, you got some balls!" Continued the Chaser.

"Is there anything wrong?" asked Kai.

"Nope, but you’re the only one! I wish you luck. You’re gonna need, son! You’re up against some of the finest candidates of Gryffindor…" replied Chanyeol.

Indeed, Kai was very bold. He liked to be adventurer and since he loves to ride his broom, he thought it was a good idea to apply for the seeker position. But like Chanyeol said, he was going to need a lot of luck, since the other candidates were more experienced than him. But that didn’t stop him. They divided them into teams and started the trials. Fortunately, Kai was able to survive until the last stage. He was very nervous, but because he loved to fly around with his broom and he was very good with it, he was confident. His opponent was from the fourth year and he was known by his skills. It was going to be hard to defeat him. A lot of students started to gather around the field, as they were very curious to know who Kai was and to see who was going to win. Among them was Tao, a third-year-student, Slytherin’s seeker. When he heard that a second-year-student was up against a fourth-year-student, he got very interested since the winner was going to be his rival. If the second-year-student wins, he’s going to be very popular. And even if he loses, he was the only one able to challenge the other guy.

The battle was very intense, for a few moments they almost caught the golden snitch. Kai was a little sloppy, because he was tired, but the look in his eye was frightening. The other student was very skilled, but sometimes he lost the sight of the golden snitch, giving Kai a chance to counter-attack. In the ground, students were shouting cheers for both of them, teaming up to support their favourite seeker. Chanyeol was surprised. He thought Kai was done, but after seeing such an exciting battle, he was cheering up for the new guy. Suddenly, the golden snitch flew into the clouds. They weren’t able to see anything from the ground. Little by little, people started to go inside. After a few minutes, the older student appeared. Girls started to shout his name like crazy, but the look on his face wasn’t very happy. Then, Kai appeared holding the golden snitch on his hand. Everyone went crazy. They were not expecting the new guy’s victory. Tao smirked and then left. Everyone else went to the middle of the field, congratulating Kai’s victory and shouting his name.

"Welcome to the team, new guy! You were awesome!" said Baekhyun, another Gryffindor’s Chaser.

"I always believed in you! I’m so proud!" said Chanyeol.

"Really? I thought you said I was going to lose for sure!" said Kai doubting his senior’s words.

"What, that? Haha, it was supposed to cheer you up, not to make you feel bad! Anyway, I’m Chanyeol, this is Baekhyun and this is Chen. We’re the Chasers of Gryffindor!"

"Welcome to the team, kiddo!" shouted Chen.

At dinner’s time, everyone was talking about Kai and his great accomplishment. There was no one who wouldn’t say “you were amazing, I saw the whole thing” to him. He was a bit shy, since he wasn’t used to a lot of attention, but he was kind of happy with it. The Beagle Line, as Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen were known, sat by his side and taught everything about the Quidditch game to him. He was very excited to start training with them. The truth is, even though these three guys were very noisy and were always caught into trouble, they were very skilled. Everyone was very happy that day. After dinner, Tao was waiting for Kai.

"Hello, I’m Tao. I’m Slytherin’s seeker" said the young man.

"Oh, hello… I’m Kai, Gryf…"

"I know who you are" interrupted Tao "I was watching you today. It was a very good match. Congratulations."

"Thank you…"

"Well, that’s all I wanted to say. We’ll be seeing each other around. Since starting from today you’re my rival."

Kai was surprised. He didn’t know what to say to him. Tao looked a little bit scary to him.

"Oh, please! Don’t be scared! I know I have this image, but on the inside I’m a very warm person!" said the Slytherin’s seeker smiling.

"I’m sorry I didn’t mean to be rude… But because you said rival, I didn’t know what to say…" said Kai a little bit embarrassed.

"Haha! You’re funny. Just so you know I treasure my rivals more than I treasure my own friends, so this is definitely a good thing!" said Tao while leaving, waving and smiling.

Kai was a bit confused, but he liked Tao’s charisma. Being friends with your rival is not such a bad idea. You can always learn from him. Kai felt really confident, and so he left to Gryffindor’s common room.