Chapter 5

EXOGWARTS [Hiatus]

Another week has passed. Everyone was very excited because of the Quidditch game. This time, it was Gryffindor against Slytherin. Tao and Kai were looking forward to this match. Two hours before the match, Kai saw D.O. near the Great Hall.

“Hey shorty! Are you going to the game?” he asked.

“Don’t call me shorty, you punk. I don’t think so” replied D.O.

“Why? You don’t need to be jealous anymore, now you know how to fly!”

“It’s not about that. I just don’t think it’s a good idea” he insisted.

“Why would you say that? Everyone is going! You can watch it with your friends!” said Kai.

D.O. sighed. Whatever he says, Kai won’t listen to him. So he just agreed.

“Awesome! It means a lot to me! My Potion’s tutor!” replied Kai with a big smile.

“Yeah, cut the drama. I’ll be there, don’t worry”

They both parted ways.

Finally it was time for the match. Every student started to gather in the countertops. Back in the field, both teams were getting warmed up.

“Today is our first match, isn’t it?” said Tao.

“Indeed it is. I’m looking forward to it!” responded Kai.

“Me too. Let’s enjoy!” replied Tao.

The game started. The Beagle Line was very excited and they started to shout out loud, cheering for Gryffindor’s team. Sehun was watching very nervously. D.O. was also there.

After a few minutes, Slytherin was able to score 10 points. Kai realised that this team committed a lot of fouls, and he was disappointed. But that didn’t stop the Beagle Line. They were already used to it. Chanyeol got the Quaffle and immediately rushed to the opponent’s hoops. He was blocked by the other team’s Chaser, so he passed the ball to Chen. He was able to dodge the Bludger and so he threw the Quaffle to the hoop. Slytherin’s Keeper wasn’t able to match the speed. Gryffindor scored 10 points. The game was getting exciting every minute. Students were shouting their sheers for both teams. Kai and Tao were waiting for the golden snitch. Meanwhile, Gryffindor scored another 10 points. The teamwork of the Beagle Line was amazing. They knew exactly in what position they would be, passing the Quaffle to each other quite fast. This was Gryffindor’s strong point. Slytherin’s team was upset by the scores, so they decided to attack the Beagle Line. Suddenly they started to throw the two Bludgers against them and they were having some trouble to dodge them. The Beaters were trying their best to protect them, but if Gryffindor’s team is known by its powerful three chasers, Slytherin is known by its powerful Beaters. Finally, the golden snitch appeared. Kai and Tao immediately started to chase it. Their teammates were relieved. Now, all they need to do is keep the scores like that and wait for their seekers to decide the winner of the match.

They were flying really fast. All students were thrilled. Tao and Kai are the fastest when it comes to flying. They were both focused on the golden snitch, they would not take their eyes off of it. Then, they started to get really close to it. Tao started to push Kai with his elbows. Eventually, Kai lost his way and he started to twirl in the air. Gryffindor’s fans were shocked to see that. They couldn’t see that Tao committed a foul, so they were just disappointed at Kai’s performance. Both Sehun and D.O. were worried about him. Though Tao pushed Kai away, he didn’t catch the golden snitch. He was getting pissed off. Kai managed to recover his balance, and rushed towards Tao. He got his eyes on the golden snitch again.

“This time I won’t make it easy for you!” Kai shouted.

Down the field, both teams were scoring. They were getting exhausted so they put all their hopes in their seekers. Everyone was waiting for the final winner. Both Kai and Tao started to get sloppy because they were tired. Kai was wondering why none of them could catch the golden snitch. Tao was just thinking that he could not lose to Kai. The sun was starting to set, and the game was still on. Students were bored and they started to leave one after another. Sehun was still there. He was nervous. He feared Tao could hurt Kai. Then suddenly, Kai went down at full speed. He almost hit the ground. Everyone was surprised and wondering what happened. Tao was right behind him. Then, Tao grabbed Kai’s broomstick tail in order to delay him. Kai lost his balance and fell. Everyone was shocked. Kai was rolling over the floor. Tao lifted up and stopped.

“, this bastard!” he said.

Kai stood up, a little bit dizzy. Then he raised his hand and showed the golden snitch. The Beagle Line went crazy and started to shout out loud their victory. Immediately Gryffindor’s team rushed towards Kai and congratulated him. They were very proud. Even though Kai is young, he has great skills. Slytherin’s team was very upset. Tao was furious. Gryffindor’s fans were very happy and they said this year was going to be a very interesting one. Sehun was relieved. Even though Kai fell, he was okay and he was able to defeat Tao. Later at dinner time, everyone from Gryffindor was singing and talking about today’s match. They had a toast in honour of Kai, who was really shy but happy he could make a lot of people smile. On the other hand, Slytherin’s table was quiet and gloomy. After they finished their meal, Sehun wanted to praise his friend’s victory. Though they’re also rivals, beating Tao is something to be proud of, it doesn’t matter if Kai is from another team.

“Hey pea head! You made mommy proud today!!! I was moved into tears!” said Sehun with a happy expression.

“Mommy? Haha! What are you talking about? Everyone knows I’m better than you!” replied Kai.

“Let’s see who is better next time we face each other on a Quidditch game! Anyway, I’m relieved to see you’re okay. Tao was an today!” continued Sehun.

“Yeah, I know. I was also surprised. I didn’t know he was like that” said Kai with a disappointed look on his face.

“Do you still think he is not that bad?” asked Sehun.

“Hum… Just because he’s like this in every game, doesn’t make him a bad person. He’s just very competitive” replied Kai.

“Seriously dude, you’re too innocent. I’m also competitive and I don’t take down people like that. You could get seriously injured!” said his friend.

“Well, forget about it. Have you seen D.O.?” asked Kai.

“Are you sure you don’t have a crush on him? You ask about him all the time!” questioned Sehun.

“Hey do you want me to punch you? He said he was going to watch the game…” he said.

“He said that? Are you sure? He never leaves the library!” said Sehun.

“Yes, I’m sure” insisted Kai.

“Well, I’m not. I didn’t see him… But you know he’s short so he was probably there haha!” replied Sehun.

“Yeah… I hope so. I wanted to show him that life besides books is also funny” continued Kai.

Sehun didn’t understand why Kai wanted so much to change D.O.’s perspective of life. The only thing he could see is that he cares too much about him. But he didn’t want to get involved in it, so he just ignored. Later that night, Kai went to the bathroom. When he got there, he heard someone screaming. He immediately rushed there to find a horrifying scene. Tao was beating D.O. to death.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING???” said Kai in shock.

Tao looked into his eyes. Then he straightened his clothes, approached Kai and whispered in his ear.

“These filthy half-bloods should be dead, don’t you agree?” he said.

Then he left them alone. Kai was in shock. D.O. was bleeding a lot and he was losing his senses.

“Hang in there man!!!” shouted Kai.

Kai held D.O. on his back and rushed to the Infirmary. He waited outside. He was worried sick about D.O. He never thought Tao could do such a thing. Now he understood why D.O. hated Tao so much. Everything was clear. He heard footsteps coming from the hall. When he looked up he saw Luhan, Sehun’s older brother. He looked worried and angry at the same time.

“Hello Luhan. Is everything okay with Sehun?” asked Kai.

“With Sehun? Yes of course! I just saw him and he’s fine” replied the elder one.

“Oh… Is everything okay with you?” asked Kai again.

“I’m fine, don’t worry. I’m here to see a friend that is sick” replied Luhan.

“I see… For a moment I was worried about Sehun” Kai said.

“That squid head is always fine. That’s good because I don’t need to worry about him too much. How about you? Were you injured during the match?” asked Luhan.

“Nothing much, I’m fine” answered Kai.

There was a silence. Luhan looked really worried and Kai was kind of happy that he was so kind to his friend. Luhan was a sixth-year-student from Hufflepuff. He was a model student and a great friend. Kai wished Sehun was as good as his older brother, that way he could help him with their assignments. But no, Sehun was as hopeless as Kai. The door opened and a nurse came out.

“Can I see D.O. now? Is he okay?” asked Luhan.

“He’s alright. You can visit him now” replied the nurse.

Kai was surprised. He didn’t know he was friends with D.O.

“Are you here to visit anyone?” asked the nurse to Kai.

“No… I was just leaving…” he said.

Kai slowly went to Gryffindor’s common room. His mind was full of thoughts. He sat down and held his head on his hands.

“Look who’s here! Kai, the Hero!” shouted Baekhyun.

“Why does Kai the Hero look like crap?” asked Chen.

Kai didn’t reply.

“Wow. It must have been serious… Don’t tell me you were rejected by a girl! Ah, I know that feeling!” he continued.

“Haha, Lily rejected you? Geez, you’re so pathetic!” said Baekhyun.

“Shut up! We’re not talking about me, we’re talking about this kid over here!” said Chen.

“That’s right! What’s wrong kiddo?” asked Baekhyun worried with Kai.

Kai was still not replying.

“Hey man. It looks like serious stuff. What’s wrong kid?” questioned Chen.

“Today I saw something really scary” he finally said.

“What did you see?” asked Baekhyun.

“I saw… I saw Tao beating D.O….” said Kai.

“Aish, that bastard! That son of a b…” said Chen in anger.

“Hold on a second! You said D.O.?” asked Baekhyun in shock.

“Yes. I saw it” replied Kai.

“How is he? Is he okay?” asked Baekhyun again.

“It was pretty bad. But he’s okay now. I guess…” answered Kai.

“You guess? You don’t know?” questioned Chen.

“I was waiting in the Infirmary. But then Luhan appeared” answered Kai.

“So what?” continued Chen.

“I didn’t know they were friends. Close friends, apparently” responded Kai.

“Why did you leave?” asked Baekhyun.

“Luhan was really worried. I don’t know, I thought he had some important things to tell him. I’ll visit him tomorrow” replied the younger one with a sad look on his face.

“Let me know when you’re going. I want to see him too” said Baekhyun.

“You? I didn’t know you care about this guy” asked Chen surprised.

“He helped me once. I’ll never forget about that” answered Baekhyun.

That night, Kai couldn’t rest. He was feeling uncomfortable about what he saw today. He kept thinking about Tao’s words. “These filthy half-bloods”. That means he knows D.O.’s secret. But why was he beating him like that?