Chapter 17

EXOGWARTS [Hiatus]

It was finally the first day of the Quidditch Christmas tournament. Everyone was very excited and thrilled. Last year, Slytherin won, but this year Gryffindor made a powerful comeback, raising everyone’s expectations. The first match was between Slytherin and Gryffindor and the second match was between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. As usual, Kai and Sehun were very excited and nervous.

“Hey dude, let’s make a bet!” said Sehun, smirking.

“Are you sure? Because this time I’ll make sure I’ll win” replied Kai, with a provocative smile.

“Yeah, yeah… If I win, I’ll drop that notebook of yours in a distant place where you’ll never be able to find it” said Sehun, with a serious expression.

Kai sighed. “Okay but if I win you’ll stop being rude to D.O.” he said, looking serious too.

They both looked at each other and nodded in agreement. “Let the game begin” they said.

At the end of the day, this was the outcome: Gryffindor won the first match and Hufflepuff won the second one. Everyone was pretty enthusiastic. They were looking forward a match between Kai and Sehun - these two were pretty popular among the students. Before dinner, D.O. found Kai and pulled him to a quiet corridor.

“I saw you today. The way you dodged Tao’s attacks was impressive” he said, shyly.

“I’m glad you were there to see me” said Kai; his heart started racing. “Congratulations, your team won too…”

“Oh, thanks…” replied D.O., smiling a bit.

Then they were quiet for a few seconds.

“So… Is that all what you wanted to say? Because you could say that in the Great Hall…” asked Kai, suspicious.

D.O. suddenly blushed. “No… I want… I want to ask you something…” he said, awkwardly.

“I’m listening” said Kai, a little bit nervous.

“I heard from Sehun that you’re spending the Christmas holydays here in Hogwarts, this year… So I was wondering…” D.O. stopped talking, he was embarrassed.

“Go ahead, say it” said Kai, curious.

“Do you want to spend the holydays with me and my father at Hogsmeade?” he asked. His face turned red like a tomato.

Kai was surprised. He didn’t expect D.O. to ask him such a question, since they barely know each other and they’re not that close. “Why…?” he asked, after a while.

“Well, I’ve spent the holydays here, once. I know how boring and lonely it gets… Also, my father is remodelling the store and he needs some help with it” confessed D.O., embarrassed.

“Oh, I see!” said Kai, relaxing a little bit. Then he remembered the conversation he had with Baekhyun the other day, about getting close to D.O. and making sure of his feelings. “If you need a helping hand then you can count on me. After all, you helped me with Potions. It’s the least I can do for such a kind friend” he replied, with a happy face. D.O. smiled brightly. Kai was surprised to see him smiling like that and somehow that smile enticed him.

“What?” asked D.O., suspicious.

“N-Nothing! I just remembered the Potion’s test I took last week… I hope I did well” sighed Kai.

“Of course you did! I’m confident you’ll get a good score” said D.O., smiling again.

The two of them smiled and then they left to the Great Hall. Later that night, Kai opened the notebook and was shocked.

“You’re betraying me”

He was worried and asked “What are you talking about!?”

“You made a bet with your friend and if you lose we’ll never talk to each other again”

“Don’t worry, I won’t lose!”

“Also… You’re spending Christmas with him”

“Are you talking about D.O.? Don’t worry, he asked for my help and it’s my obligation to help him back. He was very kind to me. I need to thank him properly”

“Don’t go”

“Why?”

“Things will change”

“What things?”

“I’m warning you”

“Wait… Are you jealous? Don’t be! You know I like you”

“Things will change…”

Kai was confused. What was the notebook talking about? He stared at the pages for a few minutes but nothing happened. He decided to close it and go to sleep.

The next day, the sun rose brightly. Kai and Sehun were giving each other challenging gazes all day. When it was time for the match, they approached each other and said some last words.

“I want you to know that I have very good reasons to win today. I’m also highly motivated” said Kai.

“Prepare yourself emotionally; you will never see that notebook ever again!” replied Sehun.

“We’ll see about that” said Kai, lastly.

The match began. It was pretty intense from the start, both teams were scoring equally. Kai and Sehun sighted the golden snitch and they immediately rushed towards it. Everyone was enjoying this battle because they never commit fouls, it was always a fair play. After a while, both seekers were getting tired and sloppy. They were evenly fast and good, it was difficult to predict the final winner. When they were flying around the countertops, Kai saw D.O. and suddenly he felt a shot of energy. He raced on his broom and in an epic way caught the golden snitch. Sehun was astonished, everyone was astonished. Lastly, Gryffindor shouted in happiness and joy their victory.

Later that night, Kai opened the notebook to tell the great news.

“We won! We on!”

“Congratulations!”

“You should’ve seen that! I was getting tired but then I saw D.O. secretly cheering for me and suddenly I felt a bust on my broom and I caught the golden snitch! It was amazing!”

“Things are already changing…”

“What?” asked Kai confused.

“The more you get close to him, the more we grow apart”

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m warning you”

“Stop saying that and tell me what’s going on! Why are you so upset? It was you who told me to find D.O. for help! So what if we became friends?”

“Things will change and you’ll get hurt”

“Why? What’s happening?”

“Get away from him, I’m warning you”

“I’m sick of this! D.O. is harmless and I feel we will get along very well! I’m going to spend the Christmas holydays with him and nothing you can say will change that!”

Kai abruptly closed the notebook. Why was it saying to get away from D.O.? Why was it saying he was going to get hurt? What was going on?

Chen was walking by, happily singing.

“Chen… I need to ask you something” said Kai, looking irritated.

“Sure… But please, don’t hurt me!” replied the eldest one, jokingly.

“What do you know about D.O.?” asked Kai.

“Ah… You need to be a little bit more specific…” replied Chen.

“Is he dangerous?” asked the young seeker.

“Dangerous? D.O.? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” he laughed. “He’s the most inoffensive human being I ever met in my life! What made you think he was dangerous???” asked Chen, curious.

“The notebook… It keeps telling me to get away from D.O., that I’ll get hurt…” answered Kai, worried.

Chen hesitated for a bit. “Really? I wonder why…”

“I should ignore it…” said Kai.

“Well… I know D.O. for 4 years and we’re friends. It’s true that he’s quiet and somewhat mysterious but I can assure you that he’s harmless” said Chen, patting Kai’s shoulder. “I don’t know why the notebook is against your friendship…”

“Me neither. I don’t know D.O. that well, but I like him so much…” said Kai.

Chen lifted his eyebrow and looked suspiciously at Kai. “You like him?”

“AH! Not like that! I—“ Kai was so embarrassed he couldn’t finish his sentence. “Please, don’t take it the wrong way…”

“Don’t worry, bro! And even if you liked him like that, you’d have my support!” said Chen, while waving goodbye.

Kai was not sure what he meant by that, but somehow he was happy to know that another of his friends was also supportive. He decided to go for it and forget the notebook for the time being.