Chapter 7

EXOGWARTS [Hiatus]

Sehun went to the Hufflepuff common room. Luhan was there reading a book.

“Hey, brother! Can I interrupt your study?” asked the young seeker.

“What is it brat?” asked Luhan without taking his eyes from the book.

“Are you acquaintance with D.O.?” asked Sehun.

“What is wrong with your language? You can just ask me if we’re friends” said Luhan while still looking at the book.

“Alright, then. Are you friends?” asked Sehun annoyed.

“I won’t tell you about that” answered Luhan with no emotion.

“Aish brother! What is your problem? Stop trolling me and answer my question!” said Sehun in anger.

“Just because you’re my brother doesn’t mean you can use such a familiar language with me!” replied Luhan, finally looking at his brother. Sehun did a face palm. “Trolling you is always the best! Haha! Well, I’m not exactly his friend” he answered at last.

“I went to pay him a visit at the Infirmary and he said he was very thankful and that you were a good friend… As far as I know he doesn’t have a lot of friends” answered Sehun rolling his eyes.

“Yeah. Poor boy” replied Luhan with a pity tone.

“Why did you go there last night?” asked Sehun intrigued.

“I was worried about him” answered Luhan, reading his book again.

“How did you know about it?” insisted Sehun.

“Kris told me” replied Luhan with a cold tone.

“Kris? That guy from Slytherin? Tao’s older brother?” asked Sehun in shock.

“Yup”.

“I’m VERY confused right now” said Sehun worried.

“Well, Tao bullied D.O. right? So he told Kris about that and Kris told me that one of ours was in a really bad state” replied Luhan, still reading his book.

“I didn’t know Kris was worried about us…” said Sehun with a disgusted face.

“He doesn’t. He was very satisfied and was mocking me” replied Luhan, emotionless.

“Oh I see… Those two, I hate them!” said Sehun in anger.

“Take it easy boy. How did you know about that?” asked Luhan looking at his brother again.

“Kai told me. He was there and saved D.O.”

“That’s right! D.O. told me. I’m happy he was able to make such a good friend. He even stayed there waiting for some news. I wonder why he didn’t visit him when the nurse came out” asked Luhan intrigued, looking back at his book.

“He was surprised to see you were friends. And he thought you wanted to talk to him in private, so he decided to leave” answered Sehun defending his friend.

“Oh I see. He’s a nice guy” replied Luhan, like a robot.

“Yeah he cares a lot about D.O. Well, thank you for your time brother!” said Sehun, while turning around.

“Where are you going? Shouldn’t you be studying, you rascal?” shouted Luhan, looking at his brother again.

Sehun ignored his older brother and left the common room. He was looking for Kai. After going down the stairs he found him at the Great Hall.

“Pea head! I’ve got some news!” he shouted.

“What is it?” asked Kai startled.

“My brother is not friends with D.O. Tao’s older brother Kris told him that he was at the Infirmary and that’s why he went there” said Sehun, proud of his investigation skills.

“Oh I see… Wait, Tao’s older brother?” asked Kai confused.

“Yes, apparently he was happy with Tao’s behaviour so he just bragged to my brother about it. Of course, after knowing what happened he went there” replied Sehun, disgusted.

“Those guys are amazing. Making D.O.’s life miserable like that!” said Kai in anger.

“I know right? Well… I’m not that close to D.O. but he can count with my help!” said Sehun firmly.

“That’s great man! Thank you” said Kai, while hugging Sehun.

After two days D.O. left the Infirmary. Waiting outside were Luhan, Kai, Sehun and the Beagle Line. D.O. was surprised to see so many people waiting for him.

“I know they’re not the best, but starting from today these guys are going to be your new friends” said Luhan with a bright smile.

“My new friends?” repeated D.O. happily.

“That’s right shorty! After listening to your story I couldn’t be there sitting without doing anything!” said Chanyeol with a big smile.

“The same goes for me! I know we’re from different houses but there is no rule we can’t be friends!” said Chen, enthusiastically.

“I’m happy this day finally came! I always wanted to be your friend and now I have the perfect excuse!” shouted Baekhyun, faking some tears.

“As for these two, Sehun is going to report to me everything you guys do and Kai… Well, Kai is your friend so he’s here with us” said Luhan, introducing the rest of the “team”.

Kai and D.O. looked at each other and smiled. It was a good day. From now on, D.O.’s life was going to turn 180º.

Next day, they had a school trip to Hogsmead. Kai and Sehun were sulky because they were still second-year-students and they couldn’t go. Once they got there, the Beagle Line went straight up to the candy shop. D.O. followed them.

“You guys know if you eat a lot of candies you will hurt your teeth right?” nagged D.O.

“Yes mother, we know!” replied Chen, totally ignoring D.O.’s advice.

Everyone laughed at Chen’s comment but D.O. Those three bought everything they could and instantly spent all their money.

“Damn, I’m broke now! D.O. please lend me some money!” begged Baekhyun.

“You’ve got to be kidding!” said D.O., lifting his eyebrow.

“Come on! That’s what friends do!” insisted Baekhyun.

“Shut up. You should spend your money wisely” replied D.O., indifferent to his friend.

“You sound like my mother talking! You’re boring!” said Chen.

“Hey Chen lend me some money!” asked Baekhyun, charging again.

“What? I’m as broke as you are!” laughed Chen.

“Don’t look at me…” said Chanyeol, while turning his back on him.

Luhan and his friend Xiumin were there watching the whole scene.

“They remind me of old times!” said Xiumin with a nostalgic smile.

“We do? Isn’t that great? So you must know how we’re feeling right now! Can you please lend us some money?” asked Chanyeol, shamelessly.

“Shame on you guys! Asking someone you don’t even know for money when you were irresponsible and wasted it all!” nagged D.O. again.

“Haha! Seriously, you should listen to your friend. He’s right” nodded Xiumin.

“Nooooooooooooooo! I wanted to buy all favour beans!!!” cried Baekhyun.

“Me too!” Chen joined with fake tears.

“You should think BEFORE you spend your money on useless things. Now deal with it” said D.O., hopelessly.

“Luhan! Isn’t D.O. heartless? He just left the Infirmary and he’s already acting like this!” said Chanyeol, shamelessly again.

D.O. smacked Chanyeol’s arm. The two older guys were laughing at them. The door opened and Tao entered the shop. Everyone’s face went dark. Tao looked surprised to see D.O. there.

“You’re here? I heard you were in the Infirmary for the last three days. I see you’re okay now. Ah, that’s a relief” said with fake sympathy.

“Cut your acting, Tao! We all know what you did” said Luhan, furious.

“You do? That’s good. Next time you decide to mess around with me you know what will happen to you” threatened Tao.

“What are you talking about? D.O. did nothing to you!” affirmed Chen.

“His existence is pretty disturbing to me” said Tao like a drama queen. He turned around and left. The boys were furious with his attitude.

“Sorry but… I don’t know what happened. I’m assuming that he hurt D.O.?” asked Xiumin confused.

“Tao… Tao is an ” replied Baekhyun in anger.

Everyone nodded in agreement. After shopping, D.O. left the group and went to an art shop with Luhan.

“Hey look who’s here! Ky… I mean, D.O.!” a worker shouted in happiness.

“Hello, nice to see you! Is my father around?” asked D.O. gently.

“Yes! Wait a moment, I’ll call him”. The worker turned around and left.

After a few minutes, D.O.’s father came out.

“Son! I’m so happy to see you! I’m glad you could come!” he said, tearing up.

“Of course I’d come here! I promised you” answered D.O. annoyed.

“I know I know, but I thought you would be entertained and forget. Oh, Luhan! Long-time no see!” greeted the old man.

“Long-time no see! How have you been?” asked Luhan with a bright smile.

“I’m fine! I was able to sell some of my art last month. The business is running very well” replied D.O.’s father with a big smile.

“That’s great news!” said Luhan happily.

“Well dad, we need to go now. It’s getting late and we need to return” said D.O. in a hurry.

“Of course, son! I’ll see you next time!” his father answered.

D.O. turned around and left the shop. D.O.’s father grabbed Luhan’s hand and said a few words. “Thank you so much for taking care of my son!”

“No problem. I promised Seung Soo, after all!” replied Luhan.

“I know. You’re a great kid!” said the old man, tearing up again.

Sehun and Kai were waiting outside for them. When they arrived, they pretended they had a great time without them.

“Don’t lie! I know you were bored to death!” said Luhan, mocking them.

“AH! OF COURSE I WAS! Did you bring me anything?” asked Sehun, curious about the trip.

“Yes. Bubble tea” Luhan replied gently.

“Bubble tea YES!” Sehun was a lover of bubble tea, so he started to drink it with a happiness of a child.

The Beagle Line saw Kai and immediately started to talk about the trip. Kai was surprised how stupid they were to spend all their money in candies.

“Once you get inside that store you will understand!” said Baekhyun with conviction.

Then they left to their dorms to hide their precious treasure. Kai saw D.O. and started to talk to him.

“Did you have fun?” he asked.

“A lot! The Beagle Line is a disaster when it comes to shopping, but I had a great time. Next year you can enjoy school trips with us” said D.O. very happily.

“I’m looking forward to it!” smiled Kai, happily too.

“Here, I bought you something. Beans of all flavours” said D.O., while showing it to him.

“Oh I love this! Thank you!” answered Kai, with a big smile on his face.

Everyone went inside. Today was a joyful day for D.O. He was able to hang out with his new friends and see his father.