Chapter 13

EXOGWARTS [Hiatus]

It was September 1st. A year has passed.  Platform Nine and Three-Quarters was chaotic. The students were running at fool speed to catch the train. Inside, everyone was looking for a sit while exchanging greetings and talking about what they did all summer. D.O. was trying to find a place to settle down between all that confusion. He found a quiet carriage and he decided to get in. For his own surprise, there was the Beagle Line. Since the last incident, they haven’t spoken to each other a lot. D.O. was nervous and he sensed like they didn’t want him there, so he turned around looking for another place to stay.

“You can stay here, if you want” said Baekhyun, looking out the window.

Baekhyun was still mad at him. He still hasn’t forgiven D.O. for what he did. They were all quiet. After a while, the heavy environment was broken by a young man.

“Hey guys! Long-time no see!” he said, happily.

The Beagle Line stood up and hugged the other student. It was Kai. D.O. was paralysed and he didn’t know what to do.

“Hello there” greeted Kai, with a smile.

D.O. looked at him, with his eyes wide open. “H… Hello”

“Do you wanna stay here with us?” asked Chen, smiling to his friend.

“Oh no, I’m going with Sehun in another carriage! He would be pleased to see you!” responded the seeker.

“Yah… I miss him! How is that little punk?” asked Chanyeol.

“Same old! He hasn’t changed at all!” replied Kai, with a big laugh.

The youngsters exchanged some last words and then Kai left to his carriage. D.O.’s heart was racing. It’s been a long time since he last spoke to him.

“Are you okay?” asked Chen, noticing D.O.’s stiff posture.

“I’m fine” he answered. “How has he been?”

“The same Kai from the beginning” replied Baekhyun with a cold tone.

D.O. glanced at Baekhyun. “You’re still mad at me, aren’t you?” he asked.

Baekhyun didn’t reply. He was staring into the horizon.

After a few hours, the train arrived at Hogwarts. Kai and Sehun were very excited because this year they could choose two or more elective classes. The students went to the Great Hall and, as usual, a great feast was waiting for them. Kai sat next to the Beagle Line.

“So boys, how was your holidays?” he asked, while eating chicken.

“They were great! We did a lot of fun things together!” replied Chen, with a mischievous smile.

“Oh… I see… What did you do this time?” asked Kai, curious.

“Nothing much. We’re not allowed to use magic out of school, so we went to the beach, played video games…” explained Baekhyun, while stuffing his mouth with food.

“Oh that’s great! Me and Sehun did the same” said Kai.

“That’s right, you’re neighbours now!” said Chanyeol, looking at Kai with his eyes wide open.

“Yup! I moved this summer and he helped me out” replied Kai, with his mouth full of food.

“Such a great guy” said Baekhyun.

“You’re in the third year now! Have you thought about what electives you wanna chose?” asked Chen, with curiosity.

“Yes, I did. I wanna chose Care of Magical Creatures and I’m still deciding the other one… I can’t make up my mind” replied Kai, with a thoughtful expression.

“What are you considering?” asked Chen.

“Divination or Muggle Studies” replied the younger one.

The Beagle Line looked at each other. “Muggle Studies?” asked Baekhyun perplexed.

 “Yeah. I don’t know much about Muggles but I kinda like them… There’s a good feeling every time I think about it” replied Kai, looking at his seniors with a bright smile.

“I guess there are some things you can’t forget…” muttered Baekhyun.

After dinner, they went to the Gryffindor common room and started to unpack their stuff. Baekhyun was intrigued about what Kai said earlier. “There’s a good feeling every time I think about it”. Could it be he still has some memories? He decided to check it out.

“Hey Kai, I wanna ask you something. Usually students don’t choose Muggle Studies as an elective; they prefer subjects related to magic. What’s the real reason behind your choice?” he asked.

“I don’t know, honestly. But every time I eat chocolate from the Muggle world I want to know more about that people and the things they do” answered Kai, with enthusiasm.

“Chocolate from the Muggle world?” asked Baekhyun, puzzled.

“Yes! I can’t remember when or where I’ve tried it, but it’s delicious and always gives me so much energy!” replied the seeker.

Baekhyun felt cheerful inside. It was D.O. who introduced him to that kind of chocolate. He was happy that he still had that memory. Kind of…

“Why are you smiling like that?” asked Kai, suspicious.

“What? Nothing! I think it’s a good idea to choose Muggle Studies, that’s all! Well, goodnight pal!” he replied, waving goodbye.

Baekhyun was filled with hope. Maybe if he studies the Muggle world, Kai will remember D.O., or at least get closer to him again. The reason why he was so angry at D.O. was because he really shipped that couple, he was like a hard-core fan. He never expressed his feelings about it because it would sound weird, but deep inside he was looking forward the development of that friendship. And now that was possible again. The next day, during the Herbology class, he approached D.O. quietly.

“I have something to tell you” he whispered.

D.O. was caught by surprise. “What is it?” he asked, worried.

“There’s a possibility of getting Kai back” continued Baekhyun.

“What?” asked D.O., raising his voice.

“You two, if you want to talk wait for the end of the class or get out immediately” said the professor, annoyed by their chat.

They got startled by this sudden warning. They stood quietly for a few minutes and started to talk again.

“Remember when you gave chocolate to Kai?” whispered Baekhyun.

“Yes, why?” asked D.O., intrigued.

“He still loves it” replied Baekhyun, trying to keep a serious face.

D.O. opened his eyes widely. It was like a ton of butterflies were flying inside his stomach.

“Oh, and he’s also choosing Muggle Studies as an elective” continued Baekhyun. “He said there’s a good feeling about it”

“Why are you telling me all this?” asked the short one, confused.

“Because I know you regret what you did to him and I know if there was a possibility to start over you would take it” answered Baekhyun, looking seriously at D.O. “You can thank me later. It’s up to you now”

After classes, the students gathered outside to enjoy the last warm days and tell the last summer stories. Luhan was talking to D.O., when Kai and Sehun walked by.

“Hello big brother!” said Sehun, jokingly.

“Hello brat!” replied Luhan, jokingly too.

Then the two of them remained silent, looking at Kai and D.O., examining their every move. D.O. was nervous and his heart was racing, on the other hand Kai was relaxed and distracted, looking at the sky.

“So… Have you met before?” asked Luhan, breaking the silence. “This is my junior D.O.!”

“Oh yes, we’ve met before. It was on the train, right?” asked Kai, smiling.

“Yes, right” replied D.O., shyly.

Both of them looked at each other for a few seconds, until Amanda appeared with her brother Suho.

“Hello everyone!” they greeted gently.

Kai, Luhan and D.O. replied with a smile and Sehun looked away rolling his eyes.

“What is it with you? You’ve been acting weird since last year” she said.

“I just don’t like you, that’s all” answered Sehun, with no shame on his face.

“Why? What did I do to you?” she asked, worried.

“Just ignore him, please” said D.O., giving Sehun a burning stare. He grimaced as an answer.

Sehun grabbed Kai’s arm and took him out of there.

“You need to control your temper, man” said Kai, disapproving his friend’s behaviour.

“I can’t look at her face, sorry” replied Sehun.

“But why? What did Amanda do?” asked Kai, confused.

“She was in the way” replied Sehun, with an angry expression.

“In the way of what?” asked Kai, puzzled.

“Never mind, it’s a long story” he said.

“To be honest with you, every time I see her I feel jealous…” confessed Kai, with a serious face.

“What?” asked Sehun, turning back at his friend.

“I don’t know why… I don’t even remember why and how I met her. But every time I look at her I have the feeling she stole something from me… Am I going crazy?” asked Kai, laughing nervously.

Sehun was looking at him surprised. “Could it be? You still have memories?”

“What are you talking about?” asked Kai, confused.

“Oh, never mind” he answered, disappointed.

“To be honest, my memory is fuzzy. I can’t remember how certain things happened… It’s driving me crazy” said Kai, sounding a little bit scared.

“Hey bro, don’t worry! I’m right here!” said Sehun, patting Kai’s shoulders.

The day passed quickly and it was already time for bed. Some were tired and sleepy; others were excited and couldn’t fell asleep, like D.O. He was staring at the ceiling, thinking about Baekhyun’s words. “Could it be that when I casted the spell I didn’t erase all the memories? Will Kai remember me?” These were the questions that were keeping him awake.

“Ah, I better sleep now” he said, while shaking his head. “If I dream it just might be the only time that I’m with him”