Chapter 9

EXOGWARTS [Hiatus]

It was a cloudy day. Third year students gathered in the classroom waiting for their teacher to come and start the lesson. Baekhyun sat next to D.O. In Divination class they always sat together. Baekhyun loves how creepy D.O. gets when he stares into the crystal ball. The funny thing is that since the very first lesson they couldn’t see anything.

“Ah, I wonder why I chose this elective… It’s boring and useless!” said D.O. with the most bored expression History has ever seen.

“What are you talking about? This is so funny!” said Baekhyun smiling like a little kid. “Your creepy expression always amuses me!”

“Oh, I see it now! I see it clearly! Today the clouds are grey and there will be rain in this land! No wizard is safe; they need to stay inside the castle! There will be a storm and classes must be cancelled!” said D.O. while moving his hands around the crystal ball like a maniac.

“If your foreseeing was as good as your creepy expression Mr D.O. believe me, you would be the best student I have ever had in my life as a teacher” said the Divination professor, entering the classroom.

D.O. felt so embarrassed he tried to hide himself. In the other hand, Baekhyun was dying of laughter.

“Okay, since you’re all so interested in the crystal ball let’s try it again” continued the teacher. “Look deeply into it and tell me what you see”.

The boys sighed and did what they were told to do. They were staring deeply into the ball.

“Not so deeply Mr Baekhyun, we don’t want to make a hole on the crystal ball, do we?” asked the teacher. “Just let your emotions go and look into the ball”. Suddenly D.O. started to see something.

“Wait, I think I see something!” he said. “It has two big dark eyes. And I think his head looks like a pear… And his mouth is huge and horrible”.

“What? Let me see” said the teacher approaching the table. “Ah… No, that’s just your friend’s reflection actually.”

“What? My mouth is horrible?” asked Baekhyun shocked with this description. D.O. shrugged his shoulders in sign of an apology. “And what about those dark eyes you see? My eyes are brown!” continued Baekhyun.

D.O. approached the ball and looked again. “Oh wait they’re just your nostrils… Sorry!”

Everyone laughed at this two. Even though it was very boring, Divination class was always entertaining thanks to these two.

They spent the whole time trying to see anything but as usual they failed.

“This must be the only class I at…” said D.O. disappointed.

“Don’t worry bro! I’m sure you will at other classes too” responded Baekhyun. D.O. sent him a death glare. “What? I can see it in the crystal ball, don’t judge me!” answered Baekhyun with a rascal smile.

Finally the class ended. It was like everyone regained energy and quickly left the room. D.O. was cleaning the table when he last glanced at the crystal ball. Then he saw something.

“What do you see, young man?” asked the professor.

“I see a girl…” answered D.O. intrigued with it. When he said “girl” the Beagle Line immediately turned back and rushed to see it too. “She carries a necklace with the name Amanda” continued D.O.

“But I can’t see her face” said Chen disappointed.

“I see. You’ll have a girlfriend in the future” said the professor. “That’s a good fortune”.

D.O.’s face turned red like a tomato. He finished cleaning and then left very embarrassed. The Beagle Line in the other hand was fully happy and singing love songs.

“Can you guys stop it? It’s embarrassing!” said D.O. almost in pain.

“What’s embarrassing about having a girlfriend? It’s an affirmation of our masculinity!” answered Baekhyun with a stupid smile on his face. “I’m jealous!”

“I don’t have a girlfriend!” said D.O. out loud. “And what does that have to do with masculinity?”

“Well you know” interrupted Chanyeol. “When a man and a woman are al…”

“Shut up!” shouted D.O. extremely embarrassed. “I know exactly what a man and a woman do when they’re alone!”

“You do? Oh that’s good. Then you have the answer to your question” said Chanyeol.

“You don’t need to have s… A girlfriend to be manly” said D.O. in anger.

“Of course not. All you need to do is hanging out with a bunch of guys” continued Baekhyun with a sarcastic smile.

“What’s wrong with that?” asked D.O. confused.

“People think we’re gay !” replied Baekhyun.

“Yeah! It would be good if one of us could get a girlfriend, since Chen obviously failed” continued Chanyeol.

“Wait… What?” asked Chen in surprise. “What are you talking about?”

“You could be holding Lily’s hand right now, couldn’t you?” asked Chanyeol kind of angry.

“What?” asked Chen confused.

“Yeah you know she likes you!” replied Baekhyun.

“It’s not that simple! Besides, if I was dating people would start to think you two are a couple” responded Chen defending himself.

D.O. looked like he was lost in the conversation. He decided to leave those idiots and headed to the next classroom.

When the morning classes ended, it was time for lunch. Everyone gathered in the Great Hall and started to eat. Sehun sat next to his friends. While he was eating, he glanced at the other side of the table and saw D.O. smiling. He was very surprised. After lunch, he decided to tell Kai what he saw.

“You know what? I saw your crush smiling today” he said, with a rascal smile.

“My crush? I don’t have a crush…” answered Kai confused.

“Oh c’mon! It’s your Potion’s Tutor I’m talking about!” said Sehun.

“Are you looking for trouble, young man?” asked Kai, lifting his eyebrow.

“No but seriously. It’s the first time I see him genuinely smiling. You know he doesn’t do that often. He kinda looks cute” said Sehun, provoking his friend.

Kai gave him a death glare. “Okay, glad to know that”.

“What? Just that? I was hoping you would rush towards him” confessed Sehun, disappointed.

“And do what?” questioned Kai, lifting his eyebrow again.

“Beg him to smile again, I don’t know…” replied Sehun, definitely provoking his friend. And it worked, because he received a punch from Kai.

After lunch, everyone went to the right classroom, getting ready for another tiring afternoon. At the end of the day, the Beagle Line went to Gryffindor’s common room and sat in the couches.

“Ah… What an exciting day!” said Baekhyun.

“Hi guys!” greeted Kai, with a big smile.

“Hello there” they replied.

“Was your day exciting?” asked the younger one.

“Yes it was! Mondays are always super busy and exhausting but today was fun” answered Baekhyun, with a smile.

“Mine was boring as usual… What did you do?” asked Kai with curiosity.

“D.O. saw his next girlfriend in the crystal ball. Her name is Amanda, so we spent the whole day looking for every Amanda in the school” replied Baekhyun. “Unfortunately, the only Amandas we found were ugly as hell…” he continued. “I will mock him for the rest of his life if she’s ugly! HAHAHA!” shouted Baekhyun, laughing out loud.

Kai was very surprised. Is that why D.O. was smiling at lunch? Because of her?

“Hey dude, relax. He’s not dating anyone” said Chanyeol. “Yet…”

“I’m relaxed…” answered Kai nervously.

“Is that so?” asked Chen. “We know you two are close, but eventually you will get girlfriends and then you will be spending less time together” he continued.

“What?” asked Kai in shock.

“That’s true. Once you start dating you’ll be spending a lot of time with your girlfriend and less time with your friends” replied Baekhyun, trying to ease Kai.

“Why?” asked Kai, still surprised.

“Well… It’s just the way it is” answered Chanyeol.

“I don’t want to be apart from my friends when I get a girlfriend!” said Kai, a little bit worried.

“If you’re lucky enough to find someone who doesn’t mind that…” replied Baekhyun.

“Why would she?” asked Kai confused.

“Well you know girls… They always complain about how much time we spend with our bros and how we don’t care about them, etc.” continued Baekhyun.

“That’s awful” answered the young seeker. “I don’t want to get a girlfriend!”

“Ah! Don’t make me laugh. It’s not like you want to or not. Once you fall in love there’s no way out” replied Chen, with a broken hearted expression.

“That’s sad but true” said Chanyeol. “Look at Chen”.

“Again with that topic?” asked Chen, glaring at Chanyeol. “I and Lily are not meant to be”.

“Don’t ever mess with a man’s heart Chanyeol…” said Baekhyun, showing his pity towards his friend.

“I don’t need your pity! I need you to leave me alone” said Chen, while standing up and leaving to his bed.

Kai was standing there, not knowing what to do or say. Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at the young boy and sighed. Kai decided to go outside for a while, trying to understand the meaning of love relationships. On his way to the toilet he found D.O. washing his hands.

“Hey, haven’t seen you in a while” said Kai with a gentle smile.

“I know. I’ve been busy” answered the short one.

“With what?” asked Kai, intrigued.

“With school, of course” answered D.O., suspicious.

“Oh… I see” a soulless Kai answered.

“What’s wrong with you? Do you need chocolate?” asked D.O. worried.

“Chocolate isn’t the solution for my problem…” replied Kai. D.O. stood there, silent, while the younger one entered one of the cubicles. “Are you going to stay there while I’m working on my business?” asked Kai.

“No” answered D.O. “Good night”. Then he left very quietly.

On his way back to the common room, Kai saw two students from Ravenclaw. The eldest one, a boy, was saying goodbye to the younger one, a girl.

“Goodbye Amanda, sleep tight!” said the male student.

Amanda?” repeated Kai, with his eyes wide open. “It must be her”.