Chapter 6

Love is Not Simply a Game of Point-and-Click

 

A/N: Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so so sorry that I haven't updated in forever. ): I got so caught up in my break and the holidays but I'm back with a new chapter! Please don't hate me for taking too long. ;3;

This chapter is gonna be a bit gaming nerd-heavy so to try to help you guys out here's a list of the in-game characters and what class they are/slight description of the class.

LadySpring: Elementalist (Magic damage – from afar/ranged)

SandaRabbit: Cleric (Healer/support)

NyanTae: Knight (Melee damage – hits up close)

HugeboyMINO: Berserker (Tank – has a lot of defense, takes most of the damage for the team)

GDragon: Assassin (also Melee damage, has a lot of sneaky moves and is very quick/agile)

Hope this actually helps you and doesn't confuse you further... >_<;

 

 

“Jiyong Oppa! What do you think of this one?” Yoo In Na held up a sparkly mini skirt against her small frame. Jiyong glanced up from his phone momentarily.

“It's nice.” The platinum blonde responded.

“Nice? What the heck is that supposed to mean?” the girl pouted. “You haven't given any good responses to any of the dresses or skirts that I've shown you. Should we try another boutique?”

 

Jiyong ran a hand through his hair in slight annoyance. It wasn't that he wasn't particularly fond of the clothing in this store, he just didn't feel like shopping at the moment. He really wanted to just call it a day and head home.

“...sure.” He inwardly sighed. Why couldn't he just say no to this girl?

In Na squealed excitedly as she dragged Jiyong outside the boutique to search for another (most likely) more expensive one. After having his arm tugged on for about 15 minutes, Jiyong let out an “Ah!” of surprise as he spotted a couple familiar people.

 

His friends Seunghyun and Daesung showed up, looking like angels that could possibly save him.

“Oh Seunghyun oppa, Daesung oppa! What are you guys doing here?” In Na asked the two.

“We're here doing a little early birthday shopping for Chae's birthday in a few weeks. Last year we forgot and she wouldn't let us hear the end of it...” Seunghyun replied with a guilty look on his face.

“We figured we should do it now while we have time so we don't forget again.” Daesung added.

“Oh that's right! Chaerin-unnie is having her big birthday bash next month. I need to get her a birthday gift too.” Yoo In Na said, clapping her hands together.

“...unnie? Aren't you older than her...?” Daesung asked but was quickly met with a nudge into his ribcage from Seunghyun's elbow. Jiyong chuckled slightly which made In Na throw him a death glare.

“What is age but a number Daesung oppa. I may be older than her but Chaerin-unnie always acts so much more mature than the rest of us so I felt that it was only right to respectfully call her an unnie.” Yoo In Na smiled sweetly, which for some reason made the three feel slightly uncomfortable.

 

Daesung looked at Seunghyun and Jiyong with a confused glance, but didn't dare to ask anything else. Jiyong took this awkward silence to speak up and possibly escape his situation.

Well this is such a weird coincidence running into you guys.” Jiyong flahsed a pleading look to his two friends which confused them even further.

And what an even weirder coincidence that all three of you still need to find gifts for Chae!” Jiyong ushered his girlfriend over to the two perplexed boys. “Here's an idea babe, why don't you go with the guys to go find gifts.”

But what about shop—” In Na tried to reply but was interrupted by Jiyong.

We can always continue our own personal shopping at another time. It'd be rude to not find a gift for our good friend.”

Ji, what about you?” Seunghyun asked.

Oh I already ordered her gift a while back so I'm good. Well, I'll catch you guys at school tomorrow! Bye guys!” he shot a thankful look at his friends before briefly kissing his girlfriend on the cheek farewell.

O-okay... see you then oppa...” a slightly bewildered In Na replied, not realizing she was being gotten rid of.

Jiyong practically made a dash for the mall exit, leaving the rest of the gang in the dust. Seunghyun sighed and looked over at Daesung. The other boy merely shrugged.

 

Shall we go then?” Daesung said as he turned to the petite girl beside them.

Mm!” In Na nodded as she led the boys to more hours of shopping than they had planned. Jiyong owed them big time.

 

 

*At the Park Residence*

 

Bom's fingers rapidly tapped the keys on her keyboard as sounds of surprise and fear were emitted from . The muffled sounds of Dara, Mino and Taehyun's voices could be heard from her headphones from their Raidcall chat.

(Remember that the bold blue text is them speaking on their RaidCall chat and the green text is their in-game dialogue/actions)

 

HugeboyMINO: Hurry and kill these goblins! As a tank(1) I can only hold them off for so long!

LadySpring stood behind the group, chanting the words of her next spell. Taehyun swung his broad sword around, slashing at the group of ugly green creatures.

LadySpring: Dara, you can just focus on just healing Mino. Tae and I can probably hold our ground for a while. Mino really needs it right now.

SandaRabbit: Alright, I'm on it!

SandaRabbit, being the cleric(2) that she is, held her hand up in the air as it began to glow with a holy light. A similar light wrapped itself around HugeboyMINO's body as his health began to slowly replenish itself.

HugeboyMINO: Thanks Dara~ keep it up will ya?

The healer nodded her head as she began casting spells that would help raise the Berserker's(3) defense in hopes of it aiding him in holding off the large group of goblins. Sweat dripped down her brow as she stared intently at the boy's HP bar, making sure it didn't fall too low. Meanwhile, LadySpring unleashed a large hail storm that managed to kill off a good portion of the mob while freezing a few others solid.

 

She was so absorbed in their battle that she didn't notice the little message alerting her of a certain someone having logged into the game...

 

Finally, the mob of goblins had been defeated, leaving only their Goblin King who was waiting behind the large metal doors that stood before them. The team took this time to fully rejuvenate their health before pressing forward. NyanTae walked up to the entrance and inspected the designs adorning the doors. He turned back to his team members.

NyanTae: You ready guys?

They all looked at each other and nodded with a slight hesitation.

HugeboyMINO: As ready as we'll ever be... I suppose.

LadySpring: This won't be easy you guys. I hear that not many teams have been able to beat the King. You really think we can do it?

SandaRabbit: I'm not entirely confident but I will try my best to keep you guys alive and...eh? Who's that?

SandaRabbit pointed behind LadySpring, who in turn spun around to see what the cleric was talking about. Her eyes widened in surprise and excitement at seeing who it was. It was just what they needed!

 

GDragon: Sup Spring. (Remember this is green because he's typing in the game. :P)

The assassin grinned as he eyed the red-haired elementalist along with her group of friends. A healer, a couple of damage-dealers, and a tank... not a bad party.

GDragon: You guys weren't planning on taking on the Goblin King were you?

LadySpring: You bet. I had wanted to invite you when we were starting but I didn't see you online earlier...

GDragon: Oh... sorry about that. I was a little preoccupied. Girlfriend problems you could say... but yeah, I wouldn't mind helping you guys out if you needed it.

 

LadySpring couldn't help the slight pang of disappointment in her chest when she heard him mention the word “girlfriend.”

 

LadySpring: Well you're here now! Why don't you meet the gang? These are my friends SandaRabbit, NyanTae, and HugeboyMINO.

She turned to her friends.

LadySpring: Everyone, this is GDragon.

SandaRabbit: Ah... so this is him eh? He's quite the looker. Kekekeke.

HugeboyMINO: I don't know about this guy Bommie...

LadySpring: What?? Why?

HugeboyMINO: Well you hardly met him yesterday right? How do you know we can all trust him to not up and run off with all of the treasure afterwards? He's an assassin after all, the sneakiest class of them all.

NyanTae: I'm sure it'll be fine. Bommie usually has a pretty good sense of judgement so I trust her. Besides, with the boss we are about to take on we could use all the help we can get.

SandaRabbit: Yeah, just give the guy a chance Mino.

HugeboyMINO: If you say so...

 

NyanTae the knight walked up to the blonde-haired assassin and held out his hand.

NyanTae: Welcome to the team. :)

GDragon: Thanks, man.

GDragon took his offered hand and shook it. LadySpring clapped her hands together excitedly. She walked up to the entrance of the Goblin King's lair and rested her palms against the cold metal. She tossed a mischievous look over her shoulder to the rest of them before pushing the doors apart.

LadySpring: Well... the King awaits!

With that, the group raced their way into the final room of the dungeon ready to face the difficult beast that stood ahead of them.

 

*A while later*

 

HugeboyMINO: That was AMAZING!

NyanTae: Yeah I can't believe it!

The group came out of the dungeon cheering with smiles plastered on their faces from their successful journey. After a long but exciting battle, the Goblin King had been defeated by them. HugeboyMINO and NyanTae walked with GDragon in between them, their arms draped around the guy's shoulders as if they were the best of friends. LadySpring and SandaRabbit followed closely behind, giggling at the boys' sudden closeness.

HugeboyMINO: Man, LadySpring was not lying when she talked about your skill. You were great out there!

GDragon: LadySpring talked about me to you guys...?

The elementalist blushed behind them.

LadySpring: I-it was just about the battle when you helped me. That's all! Yah! Mino, why did you have to go and tell him that??

The tan boy just chuckled over the line.

GDragon: Well, you guys were amazing yourselves. I've never seen such great teamwork in this game before. You guys really know what you're doing.

NyanTae dusted off some fake dust off his shoulder.

NyanTae: Thank you, thank you. We do try. ;)

SandaRabbit: You are quite quick mister Dragon. I had a hard time keeping up with you and healing you. You really tested me on my cleric abilities hahaha.

GDragon: Hehehe... sorry about that. I'll try to slow down next time.

LadySpring: Did he just say “next time”? Mr. solo player wants to hunt with us again?

SandaRabbit: Hahaha, Bommie is excited again. Calm down Miss Spring, he's got a girlfriend remember?

LadySpring: It's not like that Dara! You know that.

SandaRabbit: Keke... okay okay.

HugeboyMINO: Man, I'm beat. I think it's time to hit the sack. Hey G, you should add us to your friend's list so we can communicate next time.

GDragon: Yeah, sure. I'd like that. Be sure to let me in on your adventures when you can.

The blonde-haired assassin proceeded to add HugeboyMINO, NyanTae, and SandaRabbit as friends before they all called it a night and logged off of YG Online. This left just him and LadySpring alone. The assassin offered her a seat on a nearby bench and she gladly accepted.

 

LadySpring: You did a fantastic job out there, seriously.

GDragon: I could say the same to you Spring.

GDragon gave her a smile that nearly melted her heart.

GDragon: I've never had anyone yell at me during battles like you hahaha!

LadySpring: Sorry... I just get really carried away in the heat of battle I guess.>_<; I just want to make sure that the whole team is in sync with each other and working together as a whole, y'know?

GDragon: It's totally cool. It's different from other people who don't say anything and just expect me to do everything on my own... I think it's great that you've taken it upon yourself to bring the team together like that. You're like the glue that holds everyone together.

The young girl blushed from his compliment. She tucked one side of her hair behind her ear nervously.

 

LadySpring: You really won over my friends pretty easily. Well done. :P

GDragon: Yep... I can be quite the charmer.

The boy held his chin up in a joking haughty manner, making the girl giggle.

LadySpring: Seriously though, we couldn't have done it without you... thank you!

She suddenly leaned over and hugged the leather-clad assassin in gratitude, catching the boy off guard. She pulled away quickly and hopped up from her seat while flashing him a small smile.

LadySpring: Well, I should go. See ya around GDragon~

GDragon: Yeah... catch you later.

The two parted ways as they switched back to their real life worlds.

 

 

Jiyong leaned back in his chair, a grin still lingering on his lips. That was probably the most fun he had had in a long time while playing YG Online. To think it was all because of that LadySpring girl. Her friends were totally cool and all but she... she was something else. The entire time he spent with her she was so down to earth with a spunky attitude and wasn't afraid to be blunt with her words. While she wasn't making it obvious he could really feel that she was a rather intelligent person. Boy, was he glad that he had ditched In Na at the mall and made it home when he did. He had really been hoping to catch up with LadySpring since they had last met.

With a yawn, Jiyong got up and stretched his aching muscles from having sat in front of his computer for so long. He laid onto his bed and closed his eyes, his thoughts still drifting to the game.

 

Man... if only I knew her in real life. Were his last thoughts before he drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

A/N: Hope you guys liked this chapter! Thank you all for waiting so patiently for so long~ Love you guys!! -UxT

  1. Tank = referred to a person in a game that typically has a lot of health and/or defense. They attack monsters first to get their attention and take most of the damage for the rest of the party. Their main job is to distract everything so no one dies.

  2. Cleric = a class that focuses on healing others' health as well as casting spells that boost attack and defense amongst other things.

  3. Berserker = a class that typically uses large two-handed weapons such as giant axes.