Chapter 5

Love is Not Simply a Game of Point-and-Click

 

 

“You say this guy is pretty good? Jinjja yo?” Mino leaned forward in his seat.

Bom nodded her head rapidly. As soon as she had met up with everyone she just had to relay the events of the day before. She hoped to convince them to let her new friend join them on their future YG Online excursions.

“Yeah, he has a speed that I have never encountered before. He's amazing!” Bom's eyes sparkled in admiration.

“Omo... has our Bommie fallen in love at first sight with this new stranger?” Dara patted her shoulder, laughing.

“Ha ha ha, very funny.” Bom pouted. “I'm serious you guys, you really need to meet him.”

“Well maybe we could meet him today? That is, if he logs in today.” Taehyun suggested.

“Maybe... but I'm not sure if I'll be free today. You-know-who said he would text me today about when we'd meet up for our first tutoring lesson.” The brunette sighed.

“Daaaang, juggling two men at once? Since when has our Bommie gotten so bold?” Taehyun joked.

Bom's face flushed a light pink as she smacked Taehyun upside the head. It seemed to be a recurring theme between the two.

“Speaking of you-know-who, where is the 'Prince'? He's not here yet and class is going to be starting soon.” Dara asked.

Bom merely shrugged. She could honestly care less. Perhaps him not showing up would mean no tutoring.

 

 

“Oppaaa! Let's go shopping today. There's this new bag that came out this season and I just have to have it!” Yoo In Na squeezed her petite body up against Jiyong's as she gave him puppy-dog eyes.

He, In Na, Youngbae and Seungri were all walking together as their classes were all in the same direction.

“Pleeease?” Her chest pressed tightly against him. Seungri couldn't help his eyes that lingered and remained locked on her chest. Youngbae nudged the younger boy giving him a 'don't think about it' look. The other boy gave him a guilty grin and rubbed the back of his head. Youngbae was surprised that Jiyong hadn't called him out with his “Stop looking at my girl!” like he usually does.

But Jiyong's mind was elsewhere. He thought of what happened when he had gotten home yesterday. As weird as it sounded, he was kind of excited to be seeing the mysterious LadySpring once more. She seemed different. She had an attitude and a fire to her. Something he didn't see in the girls at his school, not even his own girlfriend.

 

“Are you listening to me??” In Na's brows furrowed together as she pouted in annoyance.

“Oh—uh yeah... shopping? Right, I'll get you anything you want babe.” The blonde-haired boy shook his head, ridding his mind of his previous thoughts.

“So I'll meet you by your car after school and we can head straight to the mall then!” his girlfriend squealed excitedly.

“Sure.” He replied. To tell the truth he wasn't really feeling a shopping trip. Even if it meant getting to see In Na pose in all sorts of tight dresses... which usually turned him on... and then in the dressing room—ahem yes, despite all that he still didn't feel like going. But for the sake of making the girl next to him happy, he was willing to go.

They finally reached the open door to his and Youngbae's math class. All of their classmates hushed as the famous popular couple made an appearance. Whispers of how well they looked together spread throughout the classroom.

Bom's attention was caught when the room suddenly became quieter. Her eyes glanced to the couple in the doorway.

 

“I'll see you later oppa~” In Na cooed as she captured his lips for a deep goodbye kiss. This garnered gasps and whistles from the other students. She pulled away and winked back at him as she let Seungri lead her to her own class. Many of the male students' hearts melted as their dream girl left when she had barely graced them with her presence for a few moments. Jiyong merely smirked at their envy.

“You are one lucky dude.” his best friend stated. He clapped his hand into Jiyong's shoulder and then made his way to the back of the room to find his seat.

Jiyong looked around the room and for a brief moment he and Bom had locked eyes, much like the day before. He looked away before heading to his own seat.

Oh right, I told her I'd contact her about tutoring today... damn. And I already promised In Na that I'd take her out after school. He rubbed the back of his head. Oh well, whatever. He decided he'd just text Park Bom later that he'd have to cancel and delay their lessons.

Bom shivered when their eyes met for only that short moment. There was something about him that made her feel funny inside. Or maybe it was indigestion?

 

It was a nice day out so the group of friends decided to eat their lunch out on one of the benches located outside by the school's fountain. Seated on the tabletop of the bench, Dara stretched her arms high up in the air while letting out a loud squeal of joy.

Ahhhhhhh~ the weather is finally getting warmer! It feels so goooood.”

Bom watched her best friend, bemused by her antics. Summer was nice, aside from the unnecessary increase of skin that girls tend to reveal during that time. Spring was definitely her favorite season... not that she was biased towards it because of her name or anything... She was sad that the season of breezy weather and blooming flowers would be coming to an end soon.

 

From the corner of her eye, Bom spotted someone looking over at them. She inclined her head slightly and spotted a familiar face looking over in their direction. Across the fountain a boy with a spiky mohawk kept stealing glances towards Dara.

Youngbae...was it? Bom vaguely remembered him from their math class. Wasn't he one of Jiyong's friends?

Her eyes drifted to the group of people he was surrounded by and surely enough, there was the rest of the popular clique—sans their leader and his girlfriend. For a moment she wondered where the two were... but she decided not to dwell on the thought as it could possibly lead to unnecessary images in her mind. She shivered for the second time that day, but this time in revulsion. How people can do those kinds of things on a high school campus was beyond her.

 

Hey Dara, I think you have a secret admirer.” Bom smirked. She gestured over to the curious Youngbae with her eyes, who had now turned his head away when he saw that Dara was looking in his direction.

Eh? For real?” Dara cupped her hands by her cheeks in a joking manner as she tilted her head and batted her eyelashes, “Has someone finally fallen for my charms?”

The ever-so-quiet HaYi looked up from the book in her hands and commented, “He reminds me of the boy in this manga. A chic, popular boy mysteriously stealing glances at a non-popular girl with a strange character.”

Dara nearly fell over at being described as a girl with a 'strange character.'

HaYi, your bluntness astounds me sometimes, you know that?” she laughed awkwardly but leaned in towards the youngest member of their group. “...do they end up living happily ever after in the end?”

I don't know the answer to that yet. This series is still ongoing.” the younger girl simply replied.

Oh the suspense!” Dara threw one arm up to her forehead while extending her other arm out in a dramatic gesture.

They all laughed and continued to enjoy their lunch in the warmth of the sun.

 

 

Bom gazed outside the window of her Earth Science lab. It was a rare moment for her to be unfocused in school but she couldn't help it. Her mind kept drifting to the mysterious GDragon. Their meeting was brief, but they definitely 'clicked.' Could Dara have been right? Did she she really fall for him? A part of her wanted to deny their connection for the ridiculousness of an online relationship but the other part of her really just wanted to see him again.

 

*RRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNG*

 

The final bell for the school day to end rang. Interrupted from her thoughts, Bom gathered her things into her backpack and made her way to her locker. She took her sweet time as she had yet to receive any sort of text message from the blonde boy she was supposed to be helping. Should she have told him that they could meet in the library after school? She awkwardly waited by her locker for about 10 minutes for any kind of message until two familiar faces passed by.

Hey Bommie!” Mino called out.

Ah, hi Mino! Taehyunnie!” she called back and waved.

You ready to get your YGO on today?” the tan boy asked.

Bom shook her head. “I told you guys, I'm probably going to be busy today—”

Her reply was abruptly cut as her phone jingled with a new text message alert. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and read the ID it displayed.

Curious, Mino and Taehyun leaned over to see who it was that had messaged their friend but nearly choked when they saw the name.

What is that!? 'Handsome Prince Jiyong' has sent you a message??” Mino laughed out loud as Taehyun's mouth dropped agape.

Bom blushed furiously and quickly pulled her phone away.

I-it's not what you think! He put it in there himself I swear!” she defended.

Then why haven't you changed it hmmm?” Taehyun asked.

I just... never got around to it okay?” she said as she cast her eyes aside.

Anyways it's probably about the tutoring session finally.” Bom swiped her finger across the touch screen to read the message that she had just received. The corners of slowly pulled into a frown.

 

Something came up and tutoring will have to start later. Looks like u get the day off nerd. Will txt again soon. U better respond asap when I do.

 

Bom's nose scrunched up in annoyance.

Are you serious? Who does this guy think he is?”

What's up?” Taehyun asked.

Ugh... to think I was going to wait all afternoon for this guy to show up. 'U better respond asap.' What am I to him, a servant that heeds to his every beck and call?” frustrated, Bom wanted to toss her phone against her locker.

Woah.. Bommie you don't have to be that disappointed on missing your date with Mr. Popular...” Mino stated.

It's NOT a date Mino. It's a nightmare... A real nightmare.” The young girl rubbed her temples.

On the bright side, since you're not busy today you know what that means...?”

The brunette looked at the two boys' handsome faces and a large grin slowly crept on her face.

 

I'll text Dara to get on her computer in 20 minutes. Let's go!”

The three made their way out the front doors of their school. Adventures in Yllyria awaited them.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait in update. Finals are just about here and I've been so preoccupied with school. ): Hopefully after this week I'll be able to update more regularly. Thank you to everyone who has been waiting so patiently~ -UxT