Chapter 1

Love is Not Simply a Game of Point-and-Click

 

Bom interlaced her fingers as she stretched her arms high above her head. She let out a rather large, unattractive yawn as she walked down the sidewalk towards her school. It was a slightly chilly morning. A light breeze rustled her short uniform skirt and she patted it down hoping not to accidentally flash any of the nice, neighborhood ahjummas that lived close by.

Buhhhhh... so sleepyyy.... maybe pulling an all-nighter with the gang last night was a bad idea. Man, am I beat.

 

The night before, Bom had stayed up until the wee hours of the morning playing Yllyria Generation Online with her friends. Something that is not unfamiliar to the teenage girl. She had only considered her addiction a... slight problem.

She wasn't a lazy and irresponsible student, however. Bom was an intelligent. young girl with a good head on her shoulders. She always made sure to finish any school work before devoting the rest of her life to the internet. If she didn't, her mom wouldn't let her hear the end of it. She wouldn't be able to bear it if her mother blamed her father up in heaven for her becoming careless and not thinking about her future.

 

The auburn-haired girl finally reached the front gates of her school when a petite, chestnut-haired girl came prancing up to her.

Morning Bommie!!” she happily chirped.

Dara how can you be so peppy this early in the morning...?” Bom grumpily rubbed her eyes. “You were up late with us too. How is it that you aren't dead tired like I am?”

Dara merely grinned and shoved her hand in the other girl's face.

The power of C-O-F-F-E-E~” she said as she waggled her finger. Bom shook her head.

Oh... right. I forgot that aside from a gaming addict you're a coffee maniac as well.” Bom chuckled.

I don't get how you can continue to drink that stuff religiously. Bleh... you'll only ever catch me drinking that poison when I am at my most desperate to stay awake.”

Dara pouted back at her.
 

The two girls chatted as they made their way to their lockers. When they reached their lockers they were greeted by two guys and two girls.

Morning Dara-unnie, Bommie-unnie!” A girl with a bobbed hairstyle greeted. The other girl standing beside her with medium-length dark blonde hair meekly waved.

Morning Minzy! Morning HaYi!” Bom said as she waved back.

Dara let out a “Kyaaa!” as she rushed up to Lee HaYi and gave her a tight squeeze.

My cute HaYi-sshi, why are you still so shy around us? I know you're a freshman but we're your friends! You need to speak up more.”

The younger girl tensed up in surprise and nodded her head. “Ne unnie...”

Dara pinched the bridge of her nose in mock frustration. “Ahhhh... what are we going to do with this girl?”

 

Minzy and Bom simply chuckled at Dara's overacting. Bom opened her locker and began shuffling through the contents for the right textbook for her first class.

A boy wearing round glasses and a backwards baseball cap leaned against the locker next to Bom's.

Man, were those runs last night total bull or what? We got absolutely nothing useful out of them...”

After spotting her math book, she pulled it out and slammed her locker closed. She then turned her direction to the boy and shrugged.

What do you expect Mino? The drops we're looking for are ULTRA rare...”

Yeah, if we could find it so easily it'd make the game so dull...” continued a boy with reddish-brown hair parted in the middle. Bom nodded in agreement.

Exactly. See, Tae knows what's up.” she mocked Mino. He responded by jokingly punching her in the shoulder.

 

More YG Online? You guys were up playing that game AGAIN? Don't tell me you spent this entire past weekend playing.” Minzy inquired.

Dara, Bom, Mino and Taehyun all looked at the two younger girls with guilty looks on their faces but they were suddenly jolted out of their conversation. The group was startled by the multitudes of squealing high school girls that came stampeding through the hallway.

 

Kyaaaaa!! They're here!!!”

Ahhh! Jiyong!! It's really him!”

Choi Seunghyun oppa! I love you!”

Uwah... Yoo In Na-unnie is so pretty! I'm so jealous.”

Bom's expression turned sour. Ugh... not these clowns. I didn't think they'd arrive so soon.

 

The sea of excited young female students parted as the most popular clique in school made their way through the hall. The group consisted of five handsome young men: Lee Seungri, Choi Seunghyun, Kang Daesung, Dong Youngbae, and their leader Kwon Jiyong. They were joined by two females: the cool Lee Chaerin and the beautiful—but ditzy—Yoo In Na.

Bom quickly turned around and fumbled to grab her backpack. She was about to usher Dara to their math class but it was too late. He spotted them.

 

Jiyong nonchalantly strode through the crowd of excited fangirls. His eyes lazily scanned the hallway not really looking for anything in particular. His eyes stopped, however, when he spotted a familiar group of outcasts. His lips curled into an evil smirk.

Bom felt an intense gaze burning into the back of her head. She slowly turned her gaze around and was caught in the intense stare of one Kwon Jiyong.

. Bom mentally sighed. Here we go...

 

Well well well... look who we have here.” Jiyong said has he walked up to them with Yoo In Na glued to his arm.

What an honor it is to have our geek brigade already adjourned so early in the morning.” Choi Seunghyun sarcastically remarked.

C'mon guys let's go—” Dara nervously whispered as she tried to escape with Bom.

Nice accessories, nerd. Did your little brother pick them out for you?” Yoo In Na commented haughtily as she gestured towards the Kingdom Hearts keychain that hung from Bom's backpack zipper. Bom in her breathe through her teeth.

That ...! How dare she insult Riku-kun!

In Na looked over at the two males in their group.

Such a shame that Song Minho and Nam Taehyun associate themselves with these pathetic, fashion-illiterate, girls.” she said maliciously.

Park Bom gave herself a once-over. Fashion-illiterate? She wore the school uniform neatly following all the school regulations without a wrinkle in sight. Her hair cast over her shoulder in a tight braid tied with a Rilakkuma hair tie. What's wrong with my style?

She looked over at In Na's attire to see that she had opted out of the school-issued uniform blazer for a tight, navy blue knit sweater with a deep v-neck that revealed quite a bit of her cleavage. Her hair was set in her trademark perfect voluminous curls. Her skirt, which as short as it already was, seemed to have even been rolled up a couple times to be even shorter. Bom's nose twitched.

If 'fashion' is all about dressing like a desperate then I want no part in it. Wishing she could voice her thoughts out loud, Bom thought it best to keep them to herself.

 

They're so handsome. They'd fit in right with us don't you think oppa?” she pressed her sweater-clad cleavage closer to Jiyong's arm.

Mino and Taehyun tossed each other annoyed glances.

Thanks... but no thanks.” Taehyun replied.

Don't flatter yourselves, nerds. It wasn't an actual invitation.” Jiyong scoffed as he smirked. “As if we'd honestly want any of you guys to hang out with us.”

 

Bom's temper boiled over. “HAH.” she let out subconsciously, immediately regretting it as everyone's eyes were drawn to her. Dara threw her a nervous glance. “Park Bom-ah....” she whispered in warning.

Great job Bom. You and your big mouth.

 

As if we'd honestly ever consider wanting to hang out with the likes of you.” Bom replied, mocking Jiyong's previous comment. This caused all the stares directed at her change into ones of shock.

Okay Park, you can stop running your mouth now. Bom mentally slapped herself. She really didn't need this sort of attention right now.

 

Jiyong looked at the face of the bespectacled girl in front of him wide-eyed. His eyes slowly drifted down her form to her surprisingly tantalizing legs. He bit his lower lip. Bom quirked an eyebrow in confusion.

Why hasn't he said anything back...?

Oppa! Are you going to let her get away with that?” Jiyong was shaken out of his inner thoughts when In Na tugged at his arm. He brushed her off of his arm, annoyed at both her and himself for not having a comeback. She gave him a hurt look but he ignored it.

Tch. I don't have anymore time to waste with these geeks.” Jiyong ran his fingers through his platinum blonde hair.

Let's bounce.” He hissed over his shoulder to the rest of the clique.

As they started to walk Jiyong gave one last look to Bom.

See you in class... Park Bom-sshi.” he said with an evil leer in his eyes and walked away.

 

Well, the rest of my high school career has been officially ruined. Bom thought sourly to herself.

She hoped to complete the remaining two years she had left in high school fairly unnoticed. Her dream of never having any of the popular kids in school come to know her on a first name basis had just been crushed. Several doors to further potential bullying and teasing had just opened up. Oh how much she wanted to slam all those doors into the popular clique members' faces.

 

A deep-voiced sigh brought her out of her self-pitying thoughts.

Nice one Bommie. Way to tell it to that .” Mino commended her as he patted her shoulder. “But now I think you just made a new enemy.”

On the contrary, I think she just made a new admirer.” Taehyun countered. “Did you see how he was totally checking her out? Her legs are some serious forces to be reckoned with.”

Yah!!” Bom yelled. She smacked Taehyun but he only laughed.

 

*RRRRIIIIIINNNNGGGG*

 

The signal for the students to start heading to their first classes echoed in the air.

Okay guys, let's go. We don't want to be late for math.” Dara pointed out.

Bye-bye! Minzy, HaYi!” Bom waved to the two girls. They smiled and waved back to the whole gang as they headed for their freshman classes.

The other four began making their way to the first class that they all shared together.

 

______________________________________________________________

 

A/N: And the first official chapter is up! I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. Please excuse any grammatical erros I may have missed. o3o See you all text time~ -UxT