Chapter VI

Depths of Love

I had the biggest smile on my face. I was swimming at high speeds, looking for Kai or Kyungsoo, but unfortunately ran into Krystal.

"Ah, Luhan! Watch where you're going!" She cried.

"Sorry. I'm in a hurry!" I said quickly.

I turned the other way to swim, but she grabbed onto my arm.

"Where do you think you're going?" She asked.

"I have to find my friends." I said with a racing heart.

"I don't think so." She said.

"What?" I questioned.

"You're not going to see your friends because you're coming with me." She said, firmly grasping my wrist.

"No, I'm not." I told her.

"Quit going to the shore to see the humans! If you don't want to be in trouble, then come with me!"

The jealousy tone in her voice was very noticeable, but I wasn't going with her. I didn't care if I got in trouble anymore.

"Krystal, I don't like you. Quit blackmailing me. I don't care what you do or say, because I'm not going to listen to you." I said.

The look on her face was priceless. She looked as if someone slapped her, leaving hanging open. She didn't move, staring at me the whole time. I turned to leave and she made no attempt to stop me.

I continued onward to find Kai and Soo, now with more to tell them. I found them at the snack shack chatting and eating. Kai saw me coming and waved.

"You're okay!" Kyungsoo smiled.

"Yeah. You won't believe what just happened though." I said.

They leaned in closer to me and I looked around, making sure no one could hear us. Since we were at the snack shack, I told them everything in a barely audible whisper.

"I'm so happy for you!" Kyungsoo said when I finished telling of what happened with Sehun.

"There's a little bit of bad news, though." I said at a more normal voice level.

"What is it?" Kai asked.

"Well, when I was on my way back to find you guys, I ran into Krystal. Literally. I think she may have been spying on me again."

Kai looked mad and Kyungsoo whispered a no under his breath.

"I don't know what to do about her. She's going to get me in trouble." I huffed.

"She's just jealous. She probably won't do anything." Kai said, trying to reassure me.

I was in a little bit of a bad mood after talking about Krystal, so I decided to go home. It was already a long day and it seemed like it would never end. As I walked into my house, my mom was sitting with one of the community officials and I got nervous. I immediately thought that Krystal told her dad of me and I was in trouble. If I came off as uneasy, they would get suspicious, so I had to stay calm.

"Luhan, you're home." Mom smiled.

"Hi, mom." I said.

"This merman here has come to ask you a few questions." Mom said. "Come sit down."

I sat opposite of the merman, next to my mother. She gave me another smile but ignored her.

"Luhan, We have been informed of some of your outings. Care to explain?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I told him.

Mom looked at me as the merman looked down at a piece of paper in his hands.

"It has been reported that you have gone to the surface on multiple occasions and talked to a human on at least one. Is this information incorrect?"

"Sorry, I still don't know what you're talking about." I said with a faux smile.

"Is this you?" He asked.

My mother gasped as he showed us a picture of me sitting on the rocks with Sehun. My mouth was slightly ajar. How could anyone have gotten that? Then I remembered.

"Krystal." I growled.

"Excuse me?" The merman asked.

"Krystal is trying to set me up just because I don't like her!" I yelled.

"Luhan, I think you're going to have to come with me." The merman said.

"No!" I yelled.

Before I could make any attempt to escape, the merman quickly grabbed me, restraining me. I had no choice now, but to go with him. I glanced at my mom and she looked heartbroken.

"I thought I raised you better than that." She whispered.

"Mom..."

The official led me to the community hall and locked me in a room. I was probably never going to get let out now. I sat in the corner and closed my eyes. I don't know how long I was in there, but I could hear someone unlocking my door. To my surprise, Kai and Kyungsoo walked in followed by an official.

"You have five minutes." He said, then left, re-locking the door.

"How did you guys know I was here?" I asked.

"I just felt like something wasn't right, and that we should go see you." Kyungsoo said.

"They caught you." Kai said.

"It's all Krystal's fault. She took pictures of me! I told you she was spying on me." I said.

"Calm down." Kai told me.

"Calm down? You want me to calm down?" I asked.

"Please stop." Kyungsoo said in a small voice.

I huffed toward Kai, but quit yelling. Time was depleting and I needed them to do something for me.

"I need you two to do me a favor." I said.

"What is it?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Since Krystal hasn't said anything about you two, I need you to go back to the top and tell Sehun I might not be able to see him anytime soon. Tell him what happened. And tell him..."

"You love him?" Kai jokingly asked.

I glared at him.

"Tell him not to forget about me."

Kyungsoo smiled at the last part and hugged me.

"Don't worry, Lu. We've got your back." He told me.

As if on cue, the official unlocked the door and called the time up. Kai and Kyungsoo both hugged me before leaving. I was going to miss them. I sat back in my corner, closing my eyes again, and this time, falling into a deep sleep.