Chapter XIII

Depths of Love

Several hours later, Sehun came back with bags of food. I could hear him in the kitchen rustling around. When he finally came back in his room, he came over to me and picked me up.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I bought you a wheelchair so you can move without my help."

He took me into the kitchen and gently sat me down in the thing he called a wheelchair. He explained that I had to use my hands to move the wheels to get places. I tried it out with some difficulty. The more I use it the easier it will become.

Sehun was starting to make food for us so I took the opportunity to explore the rest of his house. There was a second bedroom further down the hallway, along with a bathroom. Back in the living room, there were two large glass doors that lead out to a patio and pool. I wanted to go outside but the smell of something delicious caught my nose.

"What is that smell?" I asked as I rolled over to Sehun.

"Sautéed crab meat with cheddar biscuits."

He put a plate in front of me and I inhaled the scent one more time before eating it. The crab was so much more flavorful than when I had it underwater. I have never tasted anything like the biscuits before and they were actually really good.

"Mm, Sehun, this is delicious! Thank you so much!"

My mouth was stuffed with food as I talked and Sehun laughed. After we finished eating, I zoomed outside to the pool.

"Can I swim in it?" I asked.

"It's got chemicals in it to keep it clean, so if you thought that soap burned, this will probably be worse."

I frowned. I really wanted to stretch out in water. I don't know how long it will take for me to get used to not swimming everywhere. We went back inside and Sehun helped me on the couch. I sat with my head in his lap, staring up at him.

"Isn't there, like, a magic stone or seaweed or something that will make you grow legs? It's going to be hard for me to help you all the time."

"I don't really know. We never talked about anything like that in school, but there might be." I said.

I imagined having legs. I could go anywhere I wanted, and do anything. Somehow I had to figure out a way to get back in the ocean and get Kai and Kyungsoo to help me.

Sehun spent the rest of the day helping me understand human things, like language and the different uses of objects I have never seen before. Thankfully I caught on quickly with most things. Since I could already read, Sehun decided he'd buy me books to help too.

Hours later on the couch, I was lying in Sehun's arms. We were watching tv together when his phone vibrated in his pocket and startled me.

"Ah shoot. I have to get down to the boat docks and do the nightly route. Are you okay here by yourself?"

"Can I come?" I asked.

"I suppose."

This was my opportunity to talk to Kai and Kyungsoo about growing legs. In the boat, I asked Sehun to stop by the rocks for a minute. Without saying another word, I pulled myself over the edge of the boat, surprising Sehun.

"I'll be right back." I said in the water.

I knew I couldn't go back to the community, so I called over a passing fish. I explained my situation and asked if he could bring my friends back to me. He obliged and quickly did so.

"LUHAN!" Kyungsoo cried out of happiness.

I hugged him and Kai then got straight to business. I explained that I needed them to find something for me to grow legs. We agreed to meet back up in a week.

Before leaving, they wanted to hear about my life on land so far and see Sehun.

"You better be treating Lu right." Kai said in a stern voice.

"What are you, my dad?" I joked.

We all laughed. Sehun needed to finish his route so I hugged my friends goodbye and got back in the boat.

I was excited to see the results my friends could come up with, but I was also tired. Tired enough to fall asleep until we got home. I woke up in Sehun's arms in his bed. The cool sheets felt nice, but Sehun's warm skin felt nice as well. He didn't have a shirt on, and had the blankets pulled up to his waist.

"Did you know you sleep heavy?" He smiled.

I shook my head.

"If I was some sick person, who knows what could have happened to you while you were sleeping."

I looked at him.

"Did you do something to me?" My voice was hushed.

"Not a thing."

He kissed me and snuggled closer. I felt so safe with him holding on to me. I could see him falling asleep. His whole body relaxed and his breathing evened out. When I knew he wouldn't wake up, I kissed him.

"I love you Sehun." I said before falling asleep myself.