Chapter XIV

Depths of Love

Several days passed. I was more accustomed to human life, excluding the fact I still had no legs. Tonight was the night I would meet again with my friends and discuss what they discovered on growing legs.

Sehun took me on his boat and stopped by the rocks where my friends were already waiting.

"Hey Luhan." Kai said.

"Hey guys."

"Okay, so, we looked in all the books and went to some neighboring communities, and we found something." Kyungsoo said.

He held up some kind of sea grass and handed it to me.

"Apparently you have to eat the whole thing, stalk and leaves, or else nothing will happen." Soo explained.

"Should I do it right now?" I asked looking toward Sehun.

"That's your choice." He told me.

"Oh, and the effects are only temporary, as in a few days at the most to have legs. I would recommend growing it." Kai said handing me more.

"Thanks guys." I said.

I was thankful they helped me so much. Having legs was a dream I had for a long time, and now I might have them.

Out of excitement I bit into one of the pieces I was holding. I made a face because it tasted grainy and bitter. I didn't like it, but if it meant having legs, even just temporarily, I would eat it anytime.

I finished the piece and stuck my tongue out when I finished it. Everyone chuckled, then silenced themselves. All eyes were on me now. We didn't move or make a sound for several minutes. I was beginning to think that maybe it wasn't going to work, but suddenly my tail started glowing a bright color, so bright I had to cover my eyes. The light disappeared after a moment and I looked down. My fin was gone and two legs replaced it. I was flabbergasted, but ecstatic.

I realized I was also and cold. Thankfully Sehun had a blanket for me to wrap up in.

"Wow it really worked!" Soo chimed.

Kai couldn't make any words out because he was stunned.

"Thanks so much." I said again.

I was so happy I had tears in my eyes. This was a dream come true. Now I felt like I could do almost anything.

I thanked my friends a million more times before Sehun and I left to finish the night route. Though it was late, I was wide awake. I wanted to go use my new legs everywhere, but Sehun wanted to go to bed.

In his house, he went through his closet and looked for clothes for me to wear. We were almost the same size, so most stuff fit. He threw something at me and told me to wear it to bed. It was a pair of green shorts, or boxers, as Sehun called it.

I put them on, then immediately ran around the house. It was so fun having legs, and using them came so naturally to me.

"Luhan get back here." Sehun called after me.

"Catch me if you can!" I giggled.

I turned the corner in the kitchen and slipped. I caught myself in time before hitting the ground hard. Sehun was right behind me now, helping me up.

"Come on, let’s go to bed." He insisted.

"But bed isn't fun." I pouted.

He smirked.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. It's too early for it anyways." He said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. Maybe one day it'll happen, but you're not ready yet."

I pouted. I didn't understand what he was talking about and he wasn't helping much. He took my hand and led me to his room. I quickly jumped in bed as he turned the light off. When he crawled in next to me, his arm wrapped around me, bringing me closer. Even in the dark his lips found mine, and he kissed me hard.

"I love you, Luhan." He said.

Though we said it before, my heart still beat faster.

"I love you too."

In the morning, I woke up sprawled out on the bed. I noticed Sehun wasn't next to me. The connected bathroom door was open slightly and the sound of running water could be heard. I got up and walked in and realized I had the need to pee.

"Uh, Sehun?" I asked.

He poked his head out of the shower.

"Hey, you're awake." He smiled.

"I have to pee." I said quickly.

He smiled slightly.

"Just aim for the toilet." He said before returning to the shower.

Having this new half of body was so different. I took Sehun's instructions and successfully peed in the designated area. I smiled, happy with myself.

"Sehun-ah, I'm hungry." I whined.

I heard the water turn off and Sehun walked out of the shower.

"Give me a minute, okay? Why don't you go pick out something to wear today while I finish in here."

I went back into his room and walked over to the closet. He had so many clothes, I didn't know what to wear. Sehun always wore jeans, so I picked out a light blue pair. Was I supposed to wear these shorts under them too?

"Sehun-ah, do I wear these shorts under the jeans?" I asked.

"Yeah." His voice called from the bathroom.

Once I got the jeans on, I randomly picked a shirt out. It happened to be a plain white one, but I didn't complain. One day I would wear all of these shirts. Sehun's arms slipped around my waist and surprised me.

"You look nice." He told me.

"Thanks. Can you make me some food now?"

He smiled. "Of course."

I was finally trying other human foods so Sehun didn't have to keep buying seafood. I found a liking towards eggs for breakfast and anything chicken any other time. Sehun was cooking eggs for me as I made him a fruit salad. I was secretly eating the grapes as I added the other fruit.

"Where are all my grapes?" Sehun asked when he sat down to eat.

I covered my smile as I looked him in the eye.

"I don't know." I giggled.

"I think you're a little liar, Luhan." He said to me.

"Maybe just a little." I confessed.

"I'll have to punish you for that." He said as he winked and put his hand on my leg.

I didn't understand why he winked or what he was referring to, so I stared at him blankly.

The mood shifted as Sehun began to talk to me about my studies.

"Have you finished all the books I bought you?" He asked.

"Almost." I said with my mouth full of food.

"I'm going to go out and buy more for you. Is there anything else you want?"

I shook my head. All I could ever want was right here with me.

"Why can't I come?" He asked.

"Lots of reasons. Your fin might come back at any minute and if anyone saw that, I'd have a lot to go through. Also, you're technically an alien since the government has no information about you."

I didn't fully understand what he meant, but I nodded my head like I did. When we finished eating, Sehun left and I went to go study more. All I did was study. Sometimes it was worse than being in school, but it was worth it.

I finished the book I was reading by the time Sehun came back. He brought me a whole bag of more books. I now had eight books, which seemed like an overwhelming number to me. There was so much to read and understand, it would take me forever to catch up to Sehun's level.