Chapter 14 : Smarty Brain Son Dongwoon

Secret B2ST

Yaps! This is the last chapter!!^^/

Thank you for being with me all this time kkk. Enjoy~


“Who is Son Dongwoon?” Hyunseung asked, eyebrows furrowed as if asking for a kiss.

Junhyung shook his head, the name was a total stranger to him. Nothing’s familiar about it. He grabbed the envelope and darted to the living room, “Yah! Do you know who Son Dongwoon is?”

“DON’T KNOW. DON’T CARE,” Yoseob howled. Junhyung retreated naturally, avoiding any eye contacts. He went to the kitchen to see Doojoon drinking from a FRYING PAN (?).

“YAH! What are you doing?” He shouted, “You should drink from glass or something sensible!”

Doojoon just shrugged off and continued his drink, “I’m anti-mainstream.” He said after gulping the last one.

Junhyung rolled his eyes, “Anyway, do you know who Son Dongwoon is?” Doojoon looked up, his expression changed. Did he know who the said-name is, by any chance?

But, what did you expect from Doojoon???

“I’m kind of acquainted of who he is…,” he trailed off, his face looked like he was thinking (but I bet he didn’t). “But I can’t recall it, sorry.” (Told you!)

Doojoon moved away, swiftly getting further from the deadly glares the latter made.

Junhyung sighed. He practically opened the envelope to find a letter. The paper seemed old, it’s crumpled but folded as neat as possible. There’s few brown stains on it.

 

Dear DooSeungJunSeobKwang,

I guess you guys are forgotten about me already, even with my ultra-tremendous-dizzily-long explanations, it won’t work on you, I know it. Anyway, I’m Son Dongwoon, maybe you’ve heard of my extremely-popular name, but it’s okay if you haven’t heard any of it, I’ll take my revenge later. I was used to be your housemate, but something happened and I disappeared. Yes, the moment you read this letter, I’m no longer here. Sad, isn’t it? The book said that you’ll forget about me, too. Geez, what a cruel book. By the way, I need your help hyung. Please bring me back to the world.

I know it sounds crazy, because maybe now I’m just a total stranger who beg for unnecessary matter from you. But please hyung, I’ll explain ALL of it when I’m back, if I’m successfully coming back okay. Can you? Can you? Please. I don’t know if you’re still reading this letter or have been crumpling it before opening its envelope. My life is in your hand, whomever hyung who reads this.

Okay, I consider you to continue reading this, so I can explain how to set me free. God, please let one of my hyungs read this till the end. Hyung, do you still remember about the red book? If you don’t, maybe you put them in the attic since you guys like to keep things there. It’s red book with yellow decoration and a pendant in the center of the cover, I don’t know if you still set the pendant with it. If you’ve find it, please open page 5980, geez I’m just like a lecturer. I bet you guys can’t find it, I’m just joking. The book only has 101 in pages. Sorry. I’m serious now. Open page 79, you’ll find a kind of spell written on it. It’s clearly written right? Please say yes. Read it out loud. And I hope I’ll be back there soon.

Thank you for reading this letter till the end. I hope I can see hyungs soon. Ah, I’m sorry if my writings are like blah, but please don’t neglect me. You know, I’m crying writing this, incredible right?? Okay, thanks again.

 

Love from the deepest abyss in my heart,

 

Son Dongwoon

P.S: Please don’t take too long to read the spell. I don’t what would happen to me, hyung.

 

And the letter ended.

Junhyung frowned. Who the hell is this Son Dongwoon guy? Did he learn how to write a letter well at school? And the book, what book?? I shouldn’t have read this in the first place.

Okay, Junhyung was good to read the whole letter but why did he just regret it? Just like in some dramas, there would be a hero to solve everything right? As an author, I choose Junhyungie, yes!

Even though there were non-sense filled in his head, the after effect of reading the crap letter, but he chose to go upstairs (read: the attic) and hazily fumbled his hands in searching of the sacred book. I don’t know why I’m doing this, but I’m just curious what kind of book it is. I don’t care about that Dongwoon guy anyway (Okay Jun, you’re making yourself like a bad guy here).

Junhyung was now furiously ruffling all the things in that dusty place. You damn book, I surely saw you a year ago. His hands skillfully moved boxes from a place to another one as sweat started to form on his forehead. The dust was flying, swirling on the air; making a mini fog around the room. Junhyung coughed few times before he came to a hard coughing fit. I need masker and water (You should do that earlier).

He went down to drink and took Doojoon’s masker before Hyunseung caught him, “Are you sick? You cough so badly.”

Junhyung shook his head as he gulped down the remaining water in the glass.

“No. The dust just got in my special pharynx,” he uttered, putting the glass down to the table and walked to Doojoon’s room. Hyunseung followed along, “Where are you going?”

“Looking for a masker.”

“Masker? What for?”

Junhyung didn’t say a word, he looked for the clean one once he got to Doojoon’s room, opening every drawers he met. And Hyunseung only watched.

It’s been 30 minutes. Junhyung was still looking for the damn masker. It was so loud, the commotion he made after turning Doojoon’s room in disarray. Hyunseung was only standing (What are you doing, dude?).

But then Hyunseung lifted his hand, pointing at a certain direction with his finger, “There.”

Junhyung looked up and followed where Hyunseung’s finger pointing at. And a box of clean masker was nicely laid on top of a pile of magazines (Don’t ask me what kind of magz they are).

Junhyung let out a deeeep sigh and sent glares Why don’t you tell me sooner? (Serves you right Jun, for neglecting your Hyunseung).

He quickly grabbed some before the owner of the room came and dashed out the room. As he took another step, a figure blocked his way, sending him down to the ground after bumping his body with a great impact.

“Why are you in my room?” And the figure was Doojoon. “What are you doi—,” something caught on his throat as he let the words trail off.

“YONG JUNHYUNG!!!!”

But Junhyung had teleport himself to the other planet, away from the angry man.

 

“Here you are!” Junhyung smiled in triumph, holding an old red book in his hand, it was all dusty. The book was old, it’s still red with some yellow borders. There’s a pendant on the cover, thank God there’s none stealing it (I realize Junhyung took his time longer in finding the masker than the book itself, duh!).

He ran downstairs in a strange excitement but successfully bumping another figure, “Why do I keep bumping things?” he murmured.

“Things?”

Junhyung looked up to meet angry Doojoon. His piercing gazes were ready to shoot laser towards the older, “Look what I found, hyung!”

Doojoon didn’t care, his eyes endlessly making another shoot. I wonder if his eyes can shoot a cannon ball too.

“Hyung, really. It’s a serious matter. Here, read this,” Junhyung handed him the letter he’s been keeping in his jeans pocket.

Doojoon snatched it away in 0.006 sec once Junhyung pulled it out, he read it in flash, yeah he only read the last part, “Who is Son Dongwoon?”

***

“Guys! Let’s gather up! We have an urgent meeting right now,” Doojoon announced. It’s been 15 minutes after he got a well-arranged and compact information from Junhyung regarding the letter he read the last part only earlier.

And the next 30 minutes, he successfully gathered all the housemates in circle after dragged Yoseob with love, he said, from the poisonous game. Kikwang followed behind, he had none to share his love with anyway (Dongwoon is gone!).

“Okay guys, let’s get to the point. Who knows Son Dongwoon?” Doojoon started.

“Who?” Yoseob asked back.

“I guess you guys don’t know about this guy, neither do I,” Doojoon continued. He brought up the letter and showed them to everyone. “This is the letter from that Dongwoon.”

Kikwang took it and somehow looked at the ugly writing, what kind of font this guy used to write?? Even Wingdings is better than his.

“In that letter, he clearly wrote our names, even though he shortened them and I thought it was a name of a new ramen restaurant opened near here. Anyway, he wrote he was gone somewhere and wanted to be brought back. And Junhyung had found out how.”

Doojoon gave him clue to continue where he left off. He cleared his throat before giving his speech, “Okay so, I don’t know anything about this Dongwoon guy. But...” his speech changed into whisper, “…this old author just wanted me to be her hero to finish this story so—SHUT UP! Do it right Jun!—Anyway, I read the letter thoroughly and actually he explained everything there, about how to bring him back and etc. And I just have this urge to help him. What do you guys think?”

The rest of them were exchanging gazes, agree or not?

And it lasted for about 10 minutes I think (fix price, no bargain), before they jumped to the conclusion that, “I think we should help him. Maybe we don’t know him very well. I almost presumed him as a stalker, how confident I am to think I have one, anyway from the way he called us HYUNG, I guess he’s close to us once,” Kikwang said, representing the others’ thought.

Doojoon and Junhyung exchanged code to each other after hearing Kikwang’s statement.

“Okay. We agree to do this. I know this sounds stupid but we have to do it. For the sake of Secret B2ST—SLAP—ouch no, I mean for this dude and us of course. So, let’s start.”

Junhyung lifted the book, he quickly opened the mentioned page. There was a weird sentence. Is this what he called spell?? Is this a kind of joke? Or is it a hidden camera? Which camera should I look at?

Junhyung looked up so briefly to see his housemates’ faces full of anxiety. I hope we don’t do anymore sins to obediently do what this damn author wants us to (I’ll go grab needle and thread to sew that filthy mouth of yours!).

“Okay here we go.” Junhyung took a deep breath and began to read the spell, “I SWEAR TO THE EXISTENCE OF B2ST, I’LL BREAK THE NIGHTMARE AND LET OUT THEIR FREEDOM.”

And it was quiet. It was really quiet until the book shone. Its pages flipped one by one and ended with an immensely bright light.

A pair of eyes snapped open, followed by another pairs and another ones and they all opened. A figure came before their eyes.

“Dongwoon?” Kikwang was the first one to speak. The figure smiled, “Annyeong hyung.”

***

“Thank God, you’re okay,” Yoseob launched a bone-crushing hug as he sincerely welcomed the maknae back.

“Y-yeah, co-could you pl-please let me g-go, hyung?” Dongwoon said between his desperate breaths. And Yoseob let go, smiling so warmly.

“I know right. I was trapped in a place I don’t even know. Because the place was new and it’s totally wrong to be called it’s somewhere in Earth because, geez, you could only find a strange-looking tree with many thorns on it and sand everywhere.”

“Is that cactus?” Hyunseung abruptly said.

“Huh?”

“The tree you mentioned just now. The tree with thorns. And sand everywhere that must be desert land,” he explained.

“Ah I never knew any of that,” Dongwoon smiled sheepishly, earning some questionable looks from his hyungs.

“Anyway, thank you for releasing me from the trap, hyung,” Junhyung gave a light tap on Dongwoon’s shoulder and mouthed, “You’re welcome, kid.”

“I guess Joon hyung was success to deliver the letter to you,” Dongwoon smiled in amusement.

“Joon?” Doojoon questioned.

“Yes, I asked him to deliver the letter with red envelope. You guys got that, right? That’s why I’m here now.”

***FLASHBACK***

“What have you done??” Dongwoon asked in fury.

“What did I do?” Hara answered in her fake-sweet-tone, sipping her favorite coffee.

“Doojoon hyung and Junhyung hyung are exchanging bodies. What are you trying to do here?”

“Omo! So it did work. Good job, Dongwoon-ah.”

“What the hell! Now, switch them back!”

“What for? It’s funny right? Seeing them in different personality,” she let out chuckles.

“I’ll find my way to bring them back to normal, you’ll see!”

“Uh-oh, Dongwoon…Dongwoon. Haven’t you read the instruction FULLY? Ah, I bet you haven’t. You know what will happen when you find how to send them back to normal again?”

Dongwoon didn’t answer.

“You will be gone. Disappear from here. PUFF! Just like that,” she smirked, taking another sip.

What?

Dongwoon managed to maintain his expression as straight as possible. He could feel his heart thumping so wildly against his ribcage. “What do you mean?”

“It’s clear enough, Dongwoon-ah. You’ll be gone forever.”

 

That night, Dongwoon opened the book he just got this afternoon, actually Kikwang helped him finding it. He got Kikwang’s confession on that time too (if you guys still remember).

The book was empty. It was a blank. It was merely pages of blank papers.

“No way! Why there isn’t anything here?”

He kept on flipping the empty pages over and over before an image appeared in his head.

“Wait! After I took the pendant and slipped it on Doo-hyung’s neck, there was a spell. What was it?? Aish~”

Dongwoon ran his fingers through his already messy hair (Are you craving for shampoo CF or what?)

“I swear…what is it?”

An hour later…

“I swear to the beauty of Hara, I may open the…heish…”

Two hour later…

“I swear to the beauty of Hara, I may open the sacred book.”

The book glowed as the writings coming out, filling up the pages.

“Aish…”

And he read that book entirely to find that Hara was true. He would be gone if the spell broke, but he could be revived. There were explanations about how to be revived, including sending letter with the red envelope with your name written on it. The envelope was slipped inside the book, the envelope was made

And that night he began to write that letter and called Joon in the middle of the night to ask a favor. Luckily, Dongwoon had prepared for this because in the next morning, Doojoon would come to him and tell him to reveal the secret.

But there’s something Hara didn’t know, that when the spell broke, Dongwoon would be gone, so would she.

Unfortunately, Dongwoon only wrote his name on the envelope. Only his name.

***END OF FLASHBACK***

Dongwoon explained everything in details. He could feel his mouth start to foam due to the over-talking. But the looks on the rest of the housemates were nothing but confusions.

“Who’s Hara?” They asked.

***

“Hyung, let’s play Silent Hill Homecoming! Have you finished that game since I’m gone?” Dongwoon poked on Kikwang’s arm playfully, gaining attention from the latter.

“What? That game has finished 1 year ago, Dongwoon-ah.”

Dongwoon fell silent. One year?

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“It’s been a year since I played that game with Yoseob.”

And it clicked on Dongwoon’s head.

“I’ve been gone for a year?”

Dongwoon grabbed his phone and dialed a number.

“Yoboseyo?” a gentle voice spoke.

“YAH LEE JOON-HYUNG! HOW CAN YOU DELIVER MY LETTER AFTER A YEAR??”

THE END


A/N: Yeeayy!! It's finished....finally!! I know the ending T_T