Chapter 8

Beneath Your Beautiful

Taeyeon paced back and forth outside his room, internally debating if he should or should not knock. He wanted to wake Jessica up so they could eat breakfast together but he didn't want to disturb her sleep.

He looked over his wrist watch taking note that it was already eight in the morning. Deciding that it was best to wake the head nurse up, he inched closer to the door; bringing his knuckles up. Just when he was about to knock on the wooden door, his phone rang.

His brows furrowed at the caller. It was Hayeon.

“Hayeon?”

“Oppa, how are you feeling?”

“I'm fine now.”

“Ohh, good to hear. Sica-unnie left you breakfast in the table.”

Taeyeon furrowed his brows and opened the door. His bed was already made up.

“Oh, she went home already?”

“Yeah, she went home early with Krystal.”

“Ah.”

“Alright, oppa, I have to go now. See you when I get home!”

Taeyeon stared at his phone for a moment before roaming his gaze around his room. He placed Ginger on his bed before skipping out to eat breakfast.

**

Jessica lay on the couch, arm stretched out as she pressed the buttons of the remote control in her hand. She was bored and there was nothing on TV that caught her attention. She let out a sigh, pressing the OFF button on the remote control.

Sitting up on the couch, she brought her feet to the coffee table and wiggled her toes. She giggled, realizing how silly she must look at the moment.

She was about to lie back down on the couch when a knock came on the door.

She raised a questioning brow at it before rising up to see who it was.

“Sica?” Taeyeon's voice came from outside even before Jessica could grab the doorknob. She smiled and hastily opened the door.

“Taengoo!” she beamed, opening the door wide for the guy.

Taeyeon returned the smile and stepped inside the foyer, kicking his shoes to the side.

“Are you feeling better now?” Jessica said as she lead Taeyeon towards the living room.

Taeyeon hummed.

“Let's go out today,” he said, smiling brightly at Jessica as they stood face to face inside the living room.

Jessica tilted her head and raised a questioning brow at Taeyeon.

“The last time we went out, you ended up eating peanuts.”

Taeyeon waved his hands. “I'll be more careful this time, okay?”

Jessica chuckled. “Where do you want to go, anyway?”

“Chenggyecheon,” he said in glee.

“Cheng--what?”

Taeyeon laughed. “Chenggyecheon,” he brought his phone up, showing Jessica a photo, “The famous stream. You haven't heard about it yet?”

Jessica looked at the photo before shaking her head. She hasn't been around Seoul much.

“Then I'll be your tour guide today!”

Jessica pursed her lips.

“Don't worry, I won't charge much, okay?”

Jessica laughed. “I won't pay either, SuperTaengoo.”

Taeyeon shook his head, stepping closer to Jessica, bending down a little. “You have to pay,” he brought his right and left index fingers to the corner of Jessica's lips, stretching it so that Jessica was smiling. “There,” he said before straightening up, admiring the smile he forced upon Jessica's face.

“Alright, alright,” Jessica shook her head, the smile on her face never faltering.

“Come on, I know you're bored.”

“Nope, I love lazing around here,” Jessica said with sarcasm which Taeyeon didn't fail to catch.

“You sure love the hospital, huh?”

Jessica scrunches up her face. “I only like working there because it gets my mind off things.”

Taeyeon nodded. “Now, go and grab a coat,” he said and gently pushed Jessica towards her room.

**

It was already quarter to twelve noon when Taeyeon and Jessica arrived in Chenggyecheon. It was still a little chilly and Taeyeon frowned at the thin cardigan Jessica was wearing. He remembers specifically asking her to wear a coat.

They silently walked side by side on the sidewalk as they appreciated the displays on the store windows.

“Do you come here often?” Jessica asked without looking at Taeyeon.

“Not so often,” Taeyeon said, “But this is one of my favorite places in Seoul. Especially the stream, you should see it.”

Jessica turned to look at him as they stopped in front of a cafe. “Let's go see the stream, then?”

Taeyeon shook his head and moved towards the door of the cafe. “Let's wait till it gets a little dark,” he said, holding the door of the cafe open for Jessica. “We should get you something to eat first.”

Jessica raised a brow at him, standing still in her spot. “A little dark? Why?”

“Because it looks more beautiful at night,” Taeyeon gently pulled Jessica inside the cafe, “Now come on and let's eat first.”

Jessica playfully smacked his hand, sticking out her tongue at him.

“Goodness, I can't believe you were the nurse who tried to chop off my head for bringing you a watermelon juice and cucumber cake,” Taeyeon said, shaking his head at the childish antic.

Jessica smiled at the memory. Who would have thought that the annoying guy would turn into a friend who she depends so much these days? If she had known that the guy existed in high school, they would have been friends since then. She's sure she would get along with Taeyeon back then like she gets along with him now.

“Sica?”

Jessica blinked at Taeyeon. “Yes?”

“Are you okay? You're spacing out,” he said, voice laced with concern as he held a chair out for Jessica.

Jessica nodded, taking a seat on the chair. “Yeah,” she said as Taeyeon took the seat across from her. “I was just thinking about something.”

“Thinking about your patients?” Taeyeon said in a playful voice, making Jessica scrunch up her face before giggling.

A moment later, a waitress came to their table to take their orders. Jessica told Taeyeon he could order for her since she didn't know what to choose from the menu. Taeyeon did as told, not forgetting to ask the waitress if the food had cucumbers on it and canceling it if it had. Jessica was surprised and flattered at the same time. Taeyeon was always thoughtful.

After the waitress took their orders, Taeyeon started asking questions to which Jessica answered happily. It was mostly questions about Krystal and their family. Jessica doesn't know why but she feels really comfortable talking to Taeyeon.

“So, Krystal's a little possessive over her favorite unnie, huh?” Taeyeon said, nodding his head.

“I'm her only sibling,” Jessica said. “She's socially selective, too.”

“Ah, that's why she only hangs out with Hayeon. She scares all the other kids,” Taeyeon laughed, “You should have seen this boy, Minhyuk; he was so scared at Krystal he just ran away after asking her to join him for lunch,” he shook his head while chuckling, remembering how the color drained from the boy's face.

“Wait,” Jessica said with a straight face. “Someone's hitting on my sister? My baby sister?”

Taeyeon blinked and gulped. Jessica sure looks scary.

“I-It's not like that,” he said. “H-He was just asking if Krystal wanted to eat lunch with him. I-It was just lunch,” he smiled awkwardly at Jessica.

“And you didn't do anything about it?”

“I--You see, I don't really know if I should be mingling with their business,” he looked at Jessica, “I don't want Krystal to hate me again,” he smiled a little, “But Minhyuk's a good boy. And well, your sister kinda scared him off so you don't have anything to worry about.”

Jessica's face softened. “Sorry, it's just that Krystal's still a baby to me.”

Taeyeon nodded before patting Jessica's hands that were resting on top of the table. “I understand,” he said, “And don't worry, okay? I'll take care of Krystal when she's in school.”

“Thank you, Taeyeon,” Jessica said with a smile.

“No need to thank me, Krystal's like a younger sister to me now.”

Before Taeyeon could see the blush that had crept up to Jessica's cheeks, the waitress arrived with their food, diverting their attentions from each other.

“This looks good,” Jessica commented, thankful for the interruption.

“You should try this,” Taeyeon said, wrapping a piece of meat with a vegetable before bringing it to Jessica's mouth. “Say ahh~” he said, opening his mouth for Jessica to copy.

Jessica laughed, tilting her head back slightly before finally eating the meat Taeyeon had wrapped for her.

“I'm not a kid,” she said while chewing, “You can't tell me to open my mouth like that.”

Taeyeon took a tissue from the table. “Sure you are,” he said while wiping the sauce in the corner of Jessica's mouth. “You can't talk when your mouth is full,” he said before taking his hand away.

Jessica just smiled at him, twirling her pasta with her fork before bringing it to Taeyeon's mouth. “Your turn,” she said, making Taeyeon blush. “Come on, Taengoo, open your mouth~” Jessica whines cutely, making Taeyeon blush harder. He did as told and Jessica laughed at his burning cheeks. Taeyeon then joined in while he chews on his pasta, giving Jessica a thumb-up as he swallows it.

“Well, if it isn't Taetae.”

Jessica and Taeyeon's laughter died down as they both turned to look at the new comer. Taeyeon's lips instantly broke into a wide smile while Jessica's brows furrowed; her gaze was met by eyes that curved into crescents. Her gaze shifted to Taeyeon when she saw the guy stood up from his seat to hug the beautiful girl.

“Fany!” Taeyeon said cheerfully without breaking the hug.

“Now, now, I know you miss me,” Tiffany patted Taeyeon's back. “Seriously Tae, I can't breath.”

Taeyeon chuckled before letting go of Tiffany and pulling a chair out for her.

“Can't stay long,” Tiffany said, shaking her head. “I was just craving for pasta and I remember they serve the best pasta here.”

“Ah, you remembered our favorite cafe,” Taeyeon said. “We should catch up soon.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “You make it sound like we haven't seen each other for ages. And by the way,” Tiffany playfully poked a finger at Taeyeon's chest. “I heard you played superhero again. Are you alright now?”

Taeyeon nodded with a grin.

Jessica watched the interaction from her seat. She didn't know why but she felt annoyed. The Tiffany girl came barging in and suddenly Taeyeon forgot about her. Not liking the idea of being ignored, she cleared purposefully, bringing both Taeyeon and Tiffany's attention to her.

Taeyeon looked guiltily at Jessica who pretended to busy herself with her pasta.

“Sica,” he called out. Jessica looked up at him with a blank face and for a moment, Taeyeon thought Jessica looked jealous. “This is Tiffany,” he said, pointing at Tiffany. “My--”

“Ex-girlfriend,” Tiffany cut off Taeyeon, subtly winking at him as she moved to extend her hand towards Jessica for a shake hand. Jessica stood from her seat and politely shook Tiffany's hand.

“Hello, Tiffany, I'm Jessica.”

Taeyeon was baffled beyond words as to why his best friend's wife would claim to be his ex-girlfriend. He wanted to ask Tiffany but decided it'd be better to talk to the girl when Jessica isn't around.

“Well, I have to go and order myself a pasta now,” Tiffany smiled at Jessica, “It was lovely meeting you, Jessica.”

“You too,” Jessica answered, sitting back down on her chair.

“Taetae? Can you accompany me to the counter, please?”

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with wide eyes before he looked down at Jessica who was mindlessly twirling her fork.

“Sic--”

“It's okay, Taeyeon.” Jessica answered without looking up. Before Taeyeon could say another word, Tiffany was already dragging him to the counter.

“One pasta to go, please,” Tiffany said and smiled at the guy behind the counter.

“Why did you say that?” Taeyeon immediately asked when the guy went inside the kitchen to get Tiffany's pasta.

“Because I want to order pasta?” Tiffany looked at him with innocent eyes.

“Not that,” Taeyeon said. “I mean why did you told Jessica you were my ex-girlfriend?”

“I think she likes you,” she said and smiled at Taeyeon. “I just helped you out there.”

Taeyeon groaned internally. “Fany, you didn't have to do that. Now it wouldn't be the same.”

“What?” Tiffany asked in confusion.

“She'll think we're some ex-lovers who still communicates and maybe she'll think we're still into each other or something,” Taeyeon sighed, “And yah! You're pregnant with my best friend's child, you can't just come around claiming people as your ex!”

Tiffany laughed and patted Taeyeon's shoulder. It was always funny to see Taeyeon panicking like that.

“She's so beautiful, by the way. No wonder why you're head over heels with her.”

Taeyeon's anxious face gradually relaxed. “Do you really think she likes me?”

“Positive,” Tiffany nodded, giving him a thumb-up.

Taeyeon was about to ask again when the waiter came back from the kitchen, bringing Tiffany's pasta. He handed it to Tiffany and they both walked back to Taeyeon and Jessica's table.

“I have to go now,” Tiffany announced, making Jessica rise from her seat. “I hope to see you guys around some time.”

Tiffany hugged Taeyeon once again and Jessica just stood in front of them, watching the intimate interaction.

“Call me, Taetae, okay?”

“I will,” Taeyeon said before Tiffany waved goodbye at Jessica and eventually went out of the cafe.

Taeyeon and Jessica stood awkwardly for  moment before sitting back down on their chairs. No words were spoken after Tiffany left as they continued eating their food.

**

“Tiffany's pretty,” Jessica said while they strolled along Chenggye Plaza, breaking the silence that had loomed over them since Tiffany showed up in the cafe. Taeyeon was thankful, at least he didn't have to bear with the uncomfortable silence anymore.

Taeyeon scoffed. “She's not,” he said. “I think you're prettier.”

“Where did you guys met?” Jessica asked, disregarding Taeyeon's complement.

“We met in college, through my best friend.”

Jessica nodded. “So,” she briefly stole a glance at Taeyeon before bringing her gaze down at her feet, “How long did you guys dated?”

Taeyeon swung his arm around Jessica's shoulder, pulling her closer to him. Jessica looked at him with surprised eyes.

“You were about to bump into a man,” he said, instantly letting go of Jessica.

“T-Thanks,” she said, cheeks burning in embarrassment.

“Anyway, we never dated. She wasn't my ex,” Taeyeon slipped his hands inside his jeans pockets, “She's my best friend's wife.”

Jessica's pace slowed down as she turned to look at Taeyeon. “W-Wife? She's married? But she looks so young!”

Taeyeon chuckled. “Yeah, and she's becoming a mother soon.”

“But you guys didn't date? I mean, it would be so awkward for you and her husband--”

“No, Sica, she was just playing around,” Taeyeon smiled, “Sorry.”

“Silly, what are you sorry for?”

“I don't know,” Taeyeon scratched the back of his neck, “I though I made you upset.”

“What?” Jessica looked away. As much as she doesn't want to admit it, Taeyeon did made her upset a while ago. She picked up her pace once again without looking at where she was going. “What made you think--” a strong force bumped into Jessica, making her lose her balance. Before she could fall backwards, strong arms immediately held her from the back, catching her fall.

“Are you okay, Sica?” Taeyeon said, voice dangerously close that Jessica almost forgot how to breathe.

“Y-Yes,” she said, turning to face Taeyeon which she immediately regretted when their noses almost brushed.

“Sorry,” Taeyeon said, taking a step backwards but still holding Jessica by the waist.

“Be careful, alright? Watch where you're going,” Taeyeon smiled a kind smile at Jessica as he let go of her. He looked over his wrist watch, noticing that it was almost three in the afternoon. “Do you want to go to the stream now?” he said, pointing at the railings towards the stairs.

“Didn't you say it's more beautiful at night?”

“Hm,” Taeyeon nodded, “But I'm afraid you'll get tired of walking around. It's just three in the afternoon.”

Jessica whipped her head to the right. “Do you want to grab ice cream first, instead?” she smiled at Taeyeon, pointing at the nearest ice cream parlor.

“You really know my weakness,” he said, offering a hand to Jessica which she took almost immediately; letting Taeyeon guide her to the ice cream parlor.

**

Jessica realized she underestimated Taeyeon's love for ice cream when she ordered three cups for him. It turned out that the guy could go on forever eating ice cream when he wants to. Jessica found it amusing.

“Do you want another cup?” she asked when Taeyeon was was scooping the last contents of his cup.

Taeyeon shook his head and pointed at his watch. “It's almost five, we spent too much time in here.”

Jessica rolled her eyes, suppressing her laughter as she watch the melted ice cream slides down from the corner of Taeyeon's mouth to his chin. “Wipe your drool, little boy,” she said playfully, offering a tissue to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon scrunched up his face, taking the tissue from Jessica before dabbing it to his chin.

Taeyeon stood up from his seat. “Now, come on. I'm pretty sure they're turning the lights on the stream by now,” he said, beckoning Jessica to walk first.

They went out of the ice cream parlor with smiles on their faces as they engaged their selves in another conversation. Talking felt so comfortable with Taeyeon that it surprised Jessica. She was never the type to talk too much. Not even with Sunny and Eli.

“I'm sure you'll like the stream,” Taeyeon said as they made their way to the stairs that lead down the stream.

And true to Taeyeon's words, the sight of the stream was so endearing that Jessica felt herself connecting with the place immediately. The fountainhead of the stream had blue lights under it that was becoming visible as darkness slowly took over the city. The walls of the walkways were decorated with fine marbles and there were platforms at the edge of it, enabling people to sit and dip their feet on the stream. Colorful lights adorned the walls that stretched up to four bridges over the stream. People strolled leisurely along the stream and some just sat there, admiring the beauty that was the Chenggyecheon Stream. It was a majestic place.

“Taeyeon, this is so beautiful!” Jessica said, eyes taking in her surrounding. Who would have thought that a place such as the stream lays in the heart of the city?

Taeyeon smiled, taking off his black jacket and placing it over Jessica's shoulders. “It's going to get cold soon,” he said, still smiling at Jessica. She returned the kind smile with a soft 'thank you' and slid her arms inside the sleeves of the jacket that looked too big for her. “I'm happy you liked it,” Taeyeon said. “This is one of my favorite spots here in Seoul.”

Jessica nodded. “I can tell exactly why you like it,” she pointed at the fountainhead, “Just look at those lights, aren't they beautiful?”

Taeyeon nodded, walking towards the edge of the walkway, taking off his shoes and rolling his jeans up before plopping down on the ground; dipping his feet on the cold water. He looked over his shoulder, to Jessica. “Do you want to sit?” he said, patting the spot beside him.

Jessica nodded and moved to the edge. Taeyeon took Jessica's shoes for her, surprising the head nurse. “T-That's not necessary,” she said shyly, bending down to take off her own shoes.

Taeyeon shook his head and continued untying Jessica's shoe laces. “Princesses don't take off their own shoes,” he said playfully, holding Jessica's calf to take off her shoes. Jessica eventually relented. She watched as Taeyeon did the same to her other shoes before placing her shoes beside his. Jessica was about to roll up her jeans but Taeyeon beat her to it again. She bit her lips, thankful that the guy was too busy with her jeans or else he would have been laughing at her beet red face by now.

“There,” Taeyeon said as soon as he finished rolling up Jessica's jeans to her calves. He stretched out his hand to which Jessica took immediately as she sat down beside him. Taeyeon definitely was the gentleman in every girl's dream.

“Cold,” Jessica said as soon as her feet came in contact with the water.

Taeyeon laughed his awkward old-man-like laughter. “You'll get used to it soon,” he said.

After a few moments, Jessica felt her skin adjusting to the temperature of the water. She smiled and gently paddled her feet, creating small waves. “This is nice,” she said. “We should bring Krystal and Hayeon here, I bet they'll like it too.”

“Hayeon likes it here,” said Taeyeon. “I always bring her here whenever we're bored at home.”

“You're really close to Hayeon.”

“Well,” Taeyeon paddled his feet, too, creating more waves, “I grew up taking care of her and she takes care of me, too.”

Jessica nodded, remembering the time when Hayeon frantically called her on the phone because Taeyeon was having allergic reactions.

“She's a nice girl,” Jessica said.

“She is--”

“Mommy!” Jessica almost fell to the shallow water when a weight landed on her her back and arms wrapped around her neck. “Mommy I was sooooo scawed, I thought I was lossst,” the little voice said as the owner nuzzled their face in Jessica's nape.

Jessica had a look of confusion written on her face as she turned to look at Taeyeon, only to be met with the same confused eyes.

“Mommy don't leave me again pleassse,” the little voice continued and Jessica felt her nape being wet.

“Hey,” Taeyeon the little girl's hair, making her turn to look at him with small tears running down her cheeks. She immediately hid further into Jessica's hair who had stiffened the whole time.

“I--I,” Taeyeon scratched the back of his head, “I think you got the w-wrong person.”

Taeyeon tried to reach for the little girl, only to have her squeal and tighten her grip on Jessica's neck.

“Mommy! Mommy!” the little girl cried, climbing over Jessica's back.

“N-No, I-I'm not going to h-hurt you,” Taeyeon said, waving his hands in front of him. “I'm a good guy,” he forced a smile, “You see? We will help you, okay?”

“Mommy,” the little girl whispered again.

“I..” Jessica trailed off, not knowing what to say next. Without thinking, she wrapped her arms around the little girl's waist, bringing her to her lap. The girl looked at her with surprised eyes and tear-stricken face.

“You're not Mommy!” the little girl said but stayed seated on Jessica's lap.

“I'm not,” Jessica smiled, “But we will help you find your Mommy, okay?”

The little girl nodded timidly. “Sowwyyy,” she said as she blushed cutely, making Jessica's smile widen.

“It's okay,” Jessica nodded, bringing her right hand to the little girl's cheeks, wiping the tears dry. “Where did you lost your Mommy?”

The little girl had a thoughtful look on her face as she tried recalling where she last saw her mother. Taeyeon silently observed the interaction from the side, inwardly smiling at how Jessica looked good with a child. His heart fluttered.

“I fowgot,” the little girl answered, “I thought she was you coz you look the same.”

Jessica chuckled. “We do?”

The little girl nodded her head.

“Aren't you scared of me?”

The little girl shook her head cutely, playing with Jessica's locks. “You look nice.”

“She is nice,” Taeyeon finally spoke, making Jessica and the little girl turn to look at him. “But why were you afraid of me?” he said and pouted cutely, making the little girl giggle.

“Sowwyyy mishterrr, Mommy said no talk to big guys.”

Taeyeon nodded and pinched the little girl's nose, making her squeal in annoyance.

“Noooooooo,” she swatted Taeyeon's hand away from her face and rubbed her nose cutely, making Taeyeon and Jessica laugh once more.

“Isn't she too cute?” Jessica blurted out, making the little girl blush.

“Yeah,” Taeyeon said. “And you guys definitely look related.”

The little girl tilted her head to look up to Taeyeon and back to Jessica. “Where your baby?” she said innocently, catching Jessica and Taeyeon off guard.

“W-We're not--”

“Our baby's at school,” Taeyeon smiled awkwardly, not daring to meet Jessica's glare, choosing to look at the little girl instead.

“Can I see them?” the little girl said, clapping her hands. “I don't have fwiends.”

“But I think your Mommy is looking for you now,” Taeyeon patted the little girl's head, “Maybe next time, if we meet again.”

The little girl nodded.

“Shouldn't we look for her mother now?” Jessica said, finally earning Taeyeon's attention.

“I think so.”

“Let's go find your Mommy now,” Jessica looked at the little girl who nodded at her. They then stood up from the ground with Jessica carrying the little girl in her arms. Taeyeon produced a handkerchief from his back pocket and bent down to wipe Jessica's wet feet. “T-Taeyeon, it's really not necessary,” she said shyly. Taeyeon just smiled sheepishly at Jessica as he continued wiping her feet. He then took their shoes and slid Jessica's feet into it with a little difficulty. The little girl just watch him as she cling into Jessica's neck.

“Daddy woves Mommy!” she said with a wide grin. Taeyeon just laughed at the little girl who thought they were actually a couple.

“Now,” Taeyeon said, straightening up and fixing his jacket that was currently in Jessica's body as it was slowly sliding off her shoulder. “Let's go and find your Mommy,” Taeyeon stretches our his arms at the girl who looked at him with confused eyes. “Let Taengoo carry you since Jessica looks tired,” he said, smiling at the little girl who shook her head at him.

“It's okay, Taeyeon,” Jessica smiled at the guy before she started walking further along the stream with Taeyeon tailing behind them.

“Your name is Jeshka?” the little girl said and Jessica nodded her head. “Can I call you Mommy too?”

Jessica smiled. “Sure, if you want to.”

The little girl squealed and peppered kisses all over Jessica's face. “I weally like yooouuu Mommy Jeshka!” she said whole-heartedly, making Jessica's heart flutter.

“Really?” she said and the little girl nodded her head vigorously.

“Everybody likes Mommy Jessica,” Taeyeon butted in, walking beside Jessica; a smile adorning his face.

Jessica scrunched up her face at Taeyeon playfully. “Anyway,” she said, diverting the topic from her. “What how would we recognize your Mommy?”

“She looks like Mommy Jeshka!”

Taeyeon chuckled at the energetic kid.

“What if we don't find her mother tonight?” Jessica turned to look at Taeyeon who just shrugged his shoulders.

“Report it to the nearest police station?”

Jessica nodded her head.

After an hour of walking along the stream and passing the Narae Bridge, the duo decided that it would be better if they bring the little girl to the police station.

“Ice cweam!” the little girl squealed, squirming in Jessica's arms who held her tighter.

“She definitely is your child, Taeyeon,” Jessica laughed as she put the little girl down, letting her drag them towards an ice cream stand.

“Stwawbewwy pleassse,” the little girl said, tilting her head at the guy who stood behind the stand, eyes pleading.

The guy smiled at Jessica and Taeyeon. “Your little girl is very cute,” he said, scooping ice cream into the cone.

Jessica shook her head. “No, she's not our child.”

The guy mouthed an 'oh'. “Sorry,” he said with a gentle smile, handing the little girl her cone of ice cream.

Taeyeon handed the guy the payment but the guy just shook his head. “No need. It's free for the adorable bundle of joy.”

“Ah, she's so lucky,” Taeyeon pouted, “How come I don't get to have free ice creams? I'm adorable, too.”

Jessica laughed and playfully slapped his arm. “Seriously, Taengoo,” she said, shaking her head as she took the little girl's hand.

Taeyeon smiled, skipping to catch up with Jessica. “Come to think of it, we still don't know her name,” he said as he walked beside Jessica. The head nurse just hummed her answer. “Ask her,” he added.

“Why don't you ask her?”

Taeyeon scrunched up his face. “Obviously she doesn't want anything to do with me.”

Jessica chuckled, tugging the little girl's hand who was busy her ice cream. The little girl tilted her head to look up to Jessica with questioning eyes. “We don't know your name yet,” she said with a gentle smile.

“Ooohhh,” the little girl grinned, “My name Yohyun!”

Jessica and Taeyeon nodded their heads. “You have a very beautiful name,” Jessica said, squeezing Yohyun's hand as the girl brought her attention back to her melting ice cream.

**

“Thank you so much,” Taeyeon bowed at the officer who smiled at him.

“Don't worry about it, we'll do everything we can to find her parents, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon nodded.

“But for now, you and your girlfriend can keep the little girl,” the officer smiled cheekily at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon rolled his eyes. “Jessica's not my girlfriend, Hyo.”

The woman in police uniform chortled. “Right, just your long time crush,” she said and smirked, looking over Taeyeon's shoulder  to see Jessica playing with Yohyun at the couch. “Well, anyway, I'll ring you if something comes up, okay?”

“Thanks, Hyo,” he said before turning to walk back to Jessica and Yohyun.

“And oh, Taeyeon?” Hyoyeon said, making Taeyeon stop on his tracks. “You guys look good together.”

“Do you really mean that?” Taeyeon said, looking over his shoulder. Hyoyeon grinned at him and gave him a thumb-up. “You used to tell me in high school that she's way too good for me.”

Hyoyeon waved him off. “Go now, before I tell her how you daydream about her during high school.”

“You wouldn't dare!” Taeyeon threatened which did not scare Hyoyeon a bit.

Taeyeon just walked back to Jessica and Yohyun.

“What did they say?” Jessica said, standing up from the couch with Yohyun in her arms again.

“They'll call if someone reports about her,” Taeyeon stretched his arms out at Yohyun who transferred to his arms this time. Taeyeon smiled. “For now, we have to keep her,” he added, nuzzling his nose in Yoohyun's cheek who giggled at the action. “Do you want to go home with Taengoo?” he asked with a smile.

Yohyun shook her head and looked back at Jessica. “Can I go with Mommy Jeshka?”

Taeyeon and Yohyun looked at Jessica, waiting for her answer. She looked back at them with a straight face, making Yohyun's grip in Taeyeon's neck tighten.

“Of course,” Jessica said, a smile breaking from her lips. “Should we go home now?”

Yohyun nodded her head vigorously, making Taeyeon and Jessica chuckle.

“She sure trusts you,” Taeyeon commented as they made their way out of the station.

“Taeyeon, we can't let her ride the motorcycle.”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica for a moment. “It's okay, Sica, she'll be fine.”

“But--”

“Don't worry, I'll drive slow and carefully, okay?”

Jessica nodded. It still puzzles her how she easily believes Taeyeon's words.

 

 

 

-----

Hi, guys! Do you still remember the story? Lol sorry if it's taking me too long to update OTL but, ah, here's a long(?) chapter for all of you :D

I wasn't supposed to add the Yohyun scene but Jessica's weibo update got me inspired. Hahaha. Here, take a look:

 

And some of you guys had been telling me that Jessica's comeback teaser reminded you of this fanfic. Haha I did someting for you, out of boredom. XD