Chapter 9

The Prince and The Maid

"Are you ready yet?!" I heard Krystal's calling me from downstairs.

We've been getting ready for two hours now and most of the time was me. I have to look good for tonight's dinner with my father and his new girlfriend.

My mom died when I was only three. My dad had always kept a distance away from me and brother. But ever since we received the money, my father had became more friendlier around us. He would call every Saturday night to check up on me but I could hear from the background that he was at a club.

When I began college, my dad got himself a girlfriend. I know he was happy to finally find someone who will take care of him when we're not around. But I just have a feeling that lady only cares about him for his money. I've tried telling him but whatever I say, he just had to argue with me.

I ran downstairs and saw Krystal in that blue dress I bought for her that day. She looked more beautiful than ever but I coudn't tell her that. We're just pretending to be lovers anyway.

"You look nice," Krystal complimented me, without actually showing any emotion.

"You too," I told her, trying to avoid her eyes.

We walked to the black limo that I bought a month ago. "Where would you want to go, sir?" my driver asked. I told him the address and he immediately followed my orders. That's what so great about having servants. You get to boss them around and don't have to do any hard work.

We arrived at the restaurant where the dinner was held. It was a big Chinese buffet restaurant with decorations and chandeliers everywhere you look. My father waved at us and we walked over the table. I suddenly felt my hand grabbing Krystal's for no reason. She looked at me and I just nodded. I wanted us to look like a real couple, and not a pretend one.

"Hello," Krystal said to my father and his girlfriend, bowing. The waitress came to ask us if we want any drinks. After she left, we began getting our food. I tried to get as little food as possible, to save rooms for later.

I accidentally bumped into my dad's girlfriend, whose name I just learned. Kim Soo Young. Nice name, though.

"Watch it you idiot!" I heard her yell at me. But then she realized I was her boyfriend's son. "Oh I'm so sorry Sehun-ah," she softened, "I didn't know it was you. You know how societies are these days. You can't really trust anybody and have to be tough." She smiled but I could tell she was faking that smile.

I walked past her and continued looking for food.

"Hey what was that all about?" Krystal asked. I looked back at Soo Young, who's now flirting with my dad, which made me want to throw up.

"Something about her is not right," I said, kinda like a detective. Krystal looked at me, curiously. "But she seems really nice," she said, "Soo Young-sshi and your father make a very great couple. Shouldn't you be happy for your dad? I mean it must be hard on him the most after your mom passed away. Maybe Soo Young-sshi is the only one who can bring him back to life."

"Wait who told you about my mother passing away?"

"Suho-oppa."

I sighed, half groaning. Sometimes Suho-hyung can't really keep his mouth tight but still he is the only person that I can really talk to.

"Come on, let's go back to our table," Krystal said, leading the way. Somehow she doesn't seem like the Krystal that I met before. She seemed calmer and ,I guess, more feminine than the first day we met. I smiled to myself and followed her.

My father and his girlfriend were snuggling up together. Soo Young looked at her watch. I finally noticed that she had been looking at her watch every 5 minutes. If people really want to be together with their love, they wouldn't care what time of the day it is. I gave her suspicious looks.

"So dad, what am I supposed to do once I'm president of the company?" I asked my father.

"President? Oh yes, that's right. Well you gotta get married first. Once you're married the people will see that you're now stronger than ever and they'll know you're reliable and mature enough. How about  you both come over to my house tomorrow and we'll plan the wedding?"

I felt Krystal's squeezing my hand. I could tell she was really nervous. Neither of us was ready to get married this early. We both just barely started college. But I can't let my father down. I can't let anyone down.