Chapter 10

The Prince and The Maid

"Hey wake up, sleepyhead!" I felt someone shaking my bed and a groan escaped from my throat. I pulled the blanket over my head and decided to sleep more.

"Hey come on! We have to go meet your dad remember?"

Ugh I know that girly voice anywhere. It's Krystal. Why does she have to wake me up this early? My father can wait. All I want is to sleep more. Because we were hanging out with my dad and his girlfriend till midnight, I didn't get enough rest.

"What time is it?" I asked, without opening my eyes.

"It's 7:30," Krystal answered, "come on wake up! Your dad just called a moment ago asking when we're coming. I told him at 8 so get dress!"

"Why did you tell him we'll be there at 8?" I asked, almost annoyed. "It's too early!"

"I'm sorry, but I thought it'll last long. Besides, once you're the president of the company, you're gonna have to wake up earlier than this, you know?"

She was right. My dad woke up like around 5 when he was president. Alright Krystal you win this round. I climbed out of bed and headed for the bathroom.

"Hey remember, we're only pretending and I need the money so don't forget," Krystal stopped me halfway.

I was hoping she forget about that. To be honest I was actually thinking that we WERE a real couple. Okay maybe I do like her a bit. But I guess now that she'd mentioned money, I realized she doesn't feel the same way.

I looked into her eyes and could tell she was being serious. I looked away and nodded. She grinned and walked out the door. I closed my eyes and continued my way toward the bathroom.

When I finally got dressed, I slowly walked down the stairs to find Krystal talking to and laughing with my butler Kai. Somehow fury entered me and I stomped all the way down. Kai noticed me and bowed. I gave him my deadliest glare to tell him to back away from my precious Krystal. She's mine. But I guess he didn't get the message so I just grabbed Krystal's wrist and pulled her away. "Bye Kai!" I heard her said to Kai, which frustrate me more. The story why Kai became my butler goes a long way back.

His father and my father made a bet with each other when they were gambling after my father got the money. Since they were really drunk, they made stupid bets. I should know because my dad told me that story. My dad said that if he wins, Kai's father would have to force Kai to become my servant, but if he loses, then I have to be Kai's butler. This was one of the reasons why I tried to stay away from him as far as possible before. He was willing to give away his own child to become someone's butler!

Well after my dad won at gambling, Kai's dad begged him to cut the bet. My father always laughed at this part of the story.

The bet was settled and now I'm stuck with Kai. There was always an opportunity for me to fire Kai or he quits but that never happened. Because of how much money Kai's dad lost during gambling, he had no more home or job because his wife kicked him out. And since I do have some kindness in me, I decided to let Kai stay for the time-being. I know that Kai likes Krystal and that she might like him too but I could never fire him because of that. Sure I'm jealous that they are so close but that'll be a stupid reason to let him go. Besides he is pretty good when it comes to yard works like t the trees into animals. None of my other butlers can do a better job than him.

We finally arrived at my father's mansion. It was a bit bigger than mine but not so much. He does have his own butlers and maids too, unlike me. I have 11 butlers and no maid, since Krystal's my fiancee now. "Welcome, Master Sehun," my father's butlers and maids greeted me, "welcome, Mistress Krystal." I could tell Krystal seemed uncomfortable being called Mistress since my butlers never called her that. Her awkwardness was cute and made me smile.

"Welcome!" my dad said, cheerfully. Ugh SooYoung is here too. Oh right, she's moving in with my dad now, after only about 2 months dating him.She gave me and Krystal a smile, but I didn't smile back. I was sure SooYoung glared at me when I walked passed her. Who cares?

One of the maids brought us some tea.

"So Sehun-ah," my dad said, drinking his tea, "what do you want at the wedding? The first wedding is always the most special one. It's when you finally realize you're mature enough. It's when you get to be with your loved one. The one you truly want to be with you forever." I could tell his voice was shaking as he explained to me about it. I understood why. It's my mother. I know that he loved her dearly and I'm sure he still has memories of her even till now when he already has a girlfriend.

Kim Soo Young comforted him by patting his back. My father placed his hand on hers and forced a smile. I know SooYoung can never replace all those memories of my mother in my dad's heart. No one can. But she's the only one who can make him feel better.

"So I was thinking we can decorate the ballroom red and white, and maybe pink," Krystal changed the subject. I could tell she saw the pain in my dad's smile and tried to get him to focus on something else. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

My dad sat up and continued drinking his tea. "Great idea," he said, "the red for love, the white for pureness, and the pink for hope. That's incredible. Alright then the wedding's all planned out."