Chapter 1

The Prince and The Maid

"We're about to land, please fasten your seatbelt," I heard the lady from the speaker announced. My seatbelt's already tight and ready to go so I don't really have to worry about it. I pulled the plane window up to revealed a beautiful huge city beneath, called Seoul. It's my first time being in another country without my parents. My sister, Jessica, lives here with her friends and she invited me to come and stay with her but they already have enough people living under one roof. I'll just be a bother. But the great thing was that my parents have friends that live here. They told me I could live with them for a while before I could find a house. They have a son, who's the same age as me so I'm pretty excited yet nervous to meet him.

But I didn't come to Seoul to just stay at some strangers' house. I came here to attend SM University. Yup, it is one of the 3 biggest university in Seoul, beside YG University and JYP University. I'm attending SM because my sister attends this university and she said it's the best place to be if you want to learn about music. Music is pretty much my life and without it, there's nothing left of me.

When the plane finally landed, I waited for everyone else to get up and pack before it was my turn. I looked for my black suitcase that contains memories of the U.S. I walked toward the entrance, hoping to find someone with a sign that has my name on it. No one. Really? I thought they would pick me up. To make things worst I don't know their address or the way in this strange new place. What am I gonna do now? I can't just get back in the plane and wait for someone to pick me up. 

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped a little and turned around. A tall, and handsome guy looked at me and asked, "Are you Krystal from the U.S.? The one who's gonna live with us?" I could tell he was pretty shy when he asked me that. I nodded but then I remembered that my mom told me I shouldn't talk to people I don't know. But then again, this guy knows my name. "May I ask who are you?" I asked suspiciously. He smiled brightly as if he's a little child who just received a lollipop. "I'm Kai," he introduced, "and my parents are friends with yours. You're supposed to live with us for a while as you're attending SM University. Oh by the way, I go to SM University too. I hope we have the same classes. You speak Korean very well. Here let me help you with your suitcase." I handed him my suitcase, without a second thought. He seems like a nice person so why don't I take this chance and make my first friend in Korea?

"I asked my master if you can stay at our place for a while and he said only for a few months," Kai said. Master? He probably means his parents. My parents said Korean kids are different from American kids so maybe here they call their parents master. Weird but Koreans have different culture so maybe I shouldn't judge.

He called a taxi and helped me get my stuff in the trunk, which gave me an opportunity to see his muscles. Wow Korean guys are pretty well-built just like some of the guys I've seen back in the U.S. What am I thinking? Don't be like that, Krystal? It makes you sound like a ert.

The taxi driver stopped in front of a huge mansion with water fountains in the  front and trees cut into animals like horses, and dragons. Whoever trimmed these trees is really talented. I would like to meet him or her.

I saw some guys standing in front of the door. Are these his servants? Wow he's rich. Why didn't my parents say anything about this? "Who is this Kai?" a tall guy asked. He has a really beautiful smile. He bowed to me politely which made me feel uncomfortable because I'm not used to people bowing in America. I just smiled awkwardly. But what shocked me the most was he didn't call Kai "sir" or "master". Just simply "Kai". Oh well, different cultures.

"This is the girl I told you about. She's going to live with us for a while as she's attending SM University with me. Her name is Krystal by the way," Kai introduced me to the 10 guys. Yup I just finished counting. That's a lot of guys living together under one house. But it IS a really big house. It should be called a resort.

"Wait it's a GIRL?" another guy asked which made him sound very annoying. What's wrong if I'm a girl? I'm very tough and strong despite my looks. But before I could say anything, a third guy rose up and said, "I'm sorry but you can't stay here. We've never had a girl living in this mansion before and master probably won't like it." Kai just waved a hand at them and explained, "Don't worry. I discussed it with master and he said it's fine as long as she doesn't bother him. And I'm sure she won't because she's really nice. Right Krystal?" I nodded, a bit annoyed again though. Kai made me sound like a child who had misbehaved before. I pouted but then followed him to the sofa. He told me to sit down and rest a bit and one of the 10 guys brought me a glass of water. Wow they're so nice.

"Oh we forgot to introduce ourselves!" the guy who brought me water yelled. They all stood up and introduced themselves one by one. There are a lot of names to remember. I can remember American names well but these are Korean names. I tried my best to memorize their faces and names.

Right after they're done with the introduction, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. The guys, including Kai, stood up straight as if they're greeting the president or someone very important. But I didn't see any president but another guy. He has a cold and mysterious look which scared me at first. "Who are you?" he asked, without even saying hi. I looked at Kai, hoping that he would introduce me like he did with the other guys but he just looked straight and showed no emotions. I looked back at the guy on the stairs. "I'm Krystal. But please call me Soojung," I said, a little afraid, "I moved here from America to attend SM University. Kai said I could stay here for a while until I find another house. Please treat me well. And I promised I won't bother you or anyone here."

He scoffed and said, "Well as long as you're living under my roof, you have to become my maid. If you don't agree then you're out of here." I could hear Kai and the other guys gasped. "But master, she's only been here for a few hours," Kai defended me. So he's master? Don't tell me Kai and everyone else are his servants. "Please Master Sehun, give her a few days to get used to this new strange place," a guy, which I remembered clearly, named Baekhyun said. Sehun slammed his fist on the wooden handle angrily which I was sure it hurts. "If you guys don't follow my orders you're out too!" he yelled.

I thought for a while and decided. "Alright I'll be your maid, but please don't kick them out," I begged. Even though I just met them I knew that they were good people and their "master" shouldn't do this. To be honest, I don't like this Sehun guy. He sounds really spoiled and he doesn't look older than his servants but he's treating them like that? I know that it's rude in Korea if you treat your elders like that.

Sehun took a deep breath and said, "Alright. Kai, take her to her room and make sure she's ready to start work tomorrow." And with that he walked upstair to his room. Kai led me to my room which was 10 times bigger than my old room back in America. I felt like an ant in such a huge room. The bed was soft and warm. I just want to get inside the blanket and go to sleep right now. But just the thought of being Sehun's maid raised my fury. What is wrong with that kid? Well I guess this is better than sleeping at a bus station.