Chapter 09

Shot Down

9/

      There was faces floating above him when he opened his eyes and gained back his consciousness. The expressions shown was ones of concern and expectation, the situation confusing him deeply to be honest.

He thought for a second he was dreaming. A really weird and not enjoyable dream but still a dream. But then his senses went back to him little by little and he remembered everything.

He felt his heartbeat speed up and his breath hitch at the memory of what had happened. Of the blood, the pain, the gun fires, the dead people, the gunmen. The images went flashing through his mind and if not for the comforting hand on his followed by soothing words he would have had a panic attack.

      Looking around, he presumed he was certainly at the hospital or something, his band mates staring at him from above waiting for he was not sure what. What was he supposed to do, say ? He did not know nor had real strengths to do anything anyway.

He was feeling woozy, his mind surrounded by a cloud of cotton he could not pass through. It felt annoying, but he could not do anything about it.

"Hey." He croaked out after an eternity, a small, tired smile breaking his lips.

The sound of his voice seemed to sent off his friends who eventually moved and started talking. He had a hard time keeping track of everything that was said and asked to him, dizziness suddenly assaulting him at the overwhelming presence of his band mates.

"Easy, easy guys. He just woke up and he's under morphine." Butted in a voice he recognized, their manager appearing on the left not long after. "Hey Jiho, how you're doing ?" He smiled gently, his hand touching his forearm softly.

He needed a second to gather his thoughts and energy before answering.

"I've been better." He teased, trying a smile.

His mouth was too dry and his lips not better to do so though, therefore he quickly gave up to focus on keeping track of the situation. Which was hard with drugs running through his veins.

"Where's Jaehyo ?" He croaked out after a moment, the silence following making his stomach knot. "Where is he ?" He repeated, his words stressed as panic crawled on him.

"We…" Tried to talk Taeil but nothing more came out of him, confusion and fear showing on his face.

Jiho felt burning tears fill his eyes at the thought his elder and friend was maybe dead, his mind screaming at him it could not be possible but what else such reaction from his friends could mean ?

"Calm down Jiho." Interfered their manager with a hand on his arm, the beep of the machine speeding up consequently. "He was admitted to the hospital along with you but he wasn't registered yet. We're just waiting for him to be found." He explained.

Jiho was not sure how to feel about what he just heard, his head suddenly spinning at the assault of emotions he was victim of.

"Is he alive ?" He asked as his body slouched heavily in the bed.

"Yes." Deadpanned their manager, the other Block B members sending him different kind of looks.

Jiho was suddenly too tired to care about it and fell back into a slump before he could do anything against it. His last thoughts being worried ones about his elder who had done so much for him in this building.

Please, just be alright.

X_x_x_X

      He was waiting in this room for too many hours now, the fact nobody had not checked on him anymore a fact he was not sure how to feel about. Was he being ignored ? Were his friends not caring about him that much ? Could their usual playful bullying had some underneath meaning he had been too stupid to see ? They could not hate him that much for Christ sake.

Gritting his teeth in annoyance, he pushed himself off the bed and grimaced at the stung in his shoulder.

Great, the painkillers were wearing off and no one seemed to be concerned about him enough to come in the room. There was several more beds around him, in which people were sleeping or dozing off. Were doctors thinking he was dying or something to abandon him in such room ?

God, he was really being neglected and he could not believe it.

      He was sore almost everywhere and walking made him hiss in pain more than once, but it was not that important when he was left alone in some room to rot and be forgotten about.

The floor was cold under his feet, even through his socks, and a shiver made his way up his body, awaking some more pain from his bandaged shoulder.

His first thought at his awaking was for Jiho, confusion the definition of his state when he had opened his eyes in this room, too long ago, and alone. He had tried to ask about his younger to a nurse passing by, but she had no answer and was too busy to waste time on him anyway.

He was mostly alright after all. The bullet had just went through his shoulder and he would be alright, even if it was starting to hurt like a , his life was not threatened at least. Even if he was suddenly feeling dizzy, he kept in mind he was rather alright, unlike Jiho.

Where could be his younger ? Was he even alive ? He did not want to think about this, but it kept coming at the front of his mind and threaten the little control he had over his emotions so far. He was at the verge of panicking and losing it for being abandoned in this hospital by absolutely everyone without any news about Jiho he had tried to protect at every cost.

      He needed to lean against a wall half way when the corridor started waving in front of his eyes, letting him know he could pass out on this cold floor if he was not being careful. Such possibility was far from tempting considering no one was around to care for him, so he took a minute to breathe before resuming his way.

He was not sure where he was going or what he would do, but he could not stay in this room anymore and needed to do something. Anything.

      The first phone he came across needed money to work, and as his clothes were gone and replaced by a thin gown under which his boxers were, he did not have other choice than look for something else, or maybe someone. But he was not that optimistic, mostly when the corridor he was going through was empty and making him wonder if he was Rick in the Walking Dead.

The lack of blood, bullets holes in the walls and eaten bodies said otherwise, but he could not help the thought to cross his mind.

Blinking a couple of times, he forced himself to stay focus on what mattered at the right moment. Then, he eventually found an elevator. He sighed in relief and pressed the button, waiting impatiently for it to arrive.

His shoulder was now throbbing in pain and making him a bit too dizzy, and when the elevator eventually opened he mostly dragged himself inside than anything else. His body crashed against the wall as he pressed the button to the ground floor.

He let out a sigh when the elevator started moving, allowing him a moment to relax and close his eyes on the pounding in his head, the reflect in front of him a vision he would have rather not see. He was so pale, his lips having no more colors and his eyes glassy and lacking focus.

He was in a really bad condition and hoped he looked worse than how he was actually feeling.

Maybe he should have stay in this room and wait for someone to come. How long would he have waited though ? He had met absolutely no one on his way to this elevator and such fact comforted him in his decision to go wherever he was going.

      When the elevator's doors opened, he had the pleasure to finally see people, a lot of people, and he could almost have sigh in relief and crash where he was. He pushed himself off the wall instead and walked out of the elevator, people glancing at him before ignoring him.

Most of them were civilians, the few medical staff he spotted only giving him a rather confused look before their busy routine was catching up on them.

Therefore, he had to find the reception on his own, and when he did he had to wait for his turn as any other people here today. Feeling dizzy once more, he took a seat and waited silently for his turn to arrive.

 

      He must have fallen asleep at some point because he was slowly brought back to the living world by a gentle hand shaking him. He was confused for a moment, the face of a middle aged woman in front of him making him blink several times.

He had no idea who this woman was and then racked his brain to try to remember who she could be and where they were.

"Sir, are you alright ?" She asked in a soft voice bringing back some more awareness on him.

"Huh, hum…" He tried, but could not form any coherent thoughts so suddenly. "I…"

"Should I call a doctor ?" She glanced down at his shoulder and gown then added. "You're hurt, where's your room ?"

He stared at her for a while, noticing slowly her outfit and badge on her chest. He realized she was a nurse and then could maybe help him.

"I…" He started, sitting up abruptly which startled her a bit. "Can I use your phone ? I need to call my friends." She hesitated only a second then handed him the asked device.

He smiled and grabbed it quickly before composing the first number he could remember.

He listened as the phone rang, each second passing making his heart beat faster. Waiting made him restless, and soon he was shaking his legs madly while his free hand was scratching the seat's armrest in growing anxiety.

"Hello ?" Eventually answered a low voice.

He found himself unable to speak immediately and heard his friend repeat a couple of times "hello" before he was able to answer.

"Huh, yeah… it's me. Jaehyo." He announced, the heavy silence following his sentence making his heart stop in his throat.

"Jaehyo ?" Exclaimed Minhyuk, shock clear in his voice.

Jaehyo was assaulted by an unbelievable amount of questions and words after that, making his head spin for a moment. He could not help smile though, the other's voice heard in the phone telling him how worried they actually were for him.

It felt amazingly comforting and good to know his friends were so concerned about him. He could not wait to see them, mostly when Minhyuk told him Jiho was okay at the hospital.

All his worries vanished after that, his body relaxing completly and making him feel lighter. The nurse beside him stepped closer and put her hand on his shoulder, fearing he would collapse from the way he reacted.

X_x_x_X

      Jiho, even if everyone had told him Jaehyo was now here and just getting a quick check up, he could not believe it sitting in this hospital bed. He did not want to believe his elder was dead or something, but he could not believe either he was alright as long as his friend was not standing in front of him.

Jihoon and Kyung had explained the situation not long after he had woken up ten minutes ago, but their voices were too annoying in his ears so the words were not really registered in his mind.

Jiho could only remember Jaehyo was apparently here, that he was alive, and nothing more. There was something about the Walking Dead and a lost socks but he had no idea what this meant. He was certainly blocking the voices out at this point or dozing out.

Both could be possible in his state.

"And here he is !" Announced a smiling Jihoon, Jiho pulling on his neck in growing anticipation and curiosity, wondering if Jaehyo would really be the one stepping through this door.

"Jiho !" Blurted out his elder when their gazes met at the second he appeared in the room.

The leader was not sure what to say or think, but he knew he could not be more relieved to see Jaehyo. He would have run to him if it had been possible, but instead Jaehyo hurried to his bed and pulled him in a strong, tight hug he was not sure how to react to.

At first surprised and a bit taken aback, Jiho quickly relaxed in his elder's embrace and hugged him back as hard as possible without feeling pain.

"I thought you were dead." Whispered Jaehyo, Jiho feeling his throat tighten at the words.

"I thought you were dead too." He answered then gave a breathy chuckle, his elder following soon after.

"I'm glad you're alright." Admitted the older boy before pulling away from the embrace to look over his younger.

Jiho rolled his eyes and tried to play it tough, but they all see the tears and emotion in his eyes, which made them smile instinctively, the fear from earlier slowly fading away now everyone was here together.

"Where the hell were you Jae ? Even in such situation you've to be a pain in the ." Commented the leader, only to get the attention away from his feelings.

"Yah ! I saved this or yours you ungrateful brat." Snapped back the older boy with a careful slap on Jiho's arm.

"Tsk, who told you to comeback in the first place. You're just an idiot." He answered, a silence falling after that.

They all noticed how scared Jiho actually felt at the right moment, guilt showing on his face at the fact Jaehyo had risked his life for him. He could not say out loud his true feelings, but none of them needed to hear it.

They could see it, and it was all they needed.

 

      Jaehyo, Jiho and Kyung were left at the hospital while the others along with the manager decided to go back at the dorm to grab Jiho's stuff. On his demand, of course. The leader had been nagging for the passed hour about it and in the end, besides Kyung, they had all volunteered to get the hell out of this room to go back at the dorm.

The three in the hospital room were eating some sandwich when Jaehyo asked. "Do you know what happened to these gunmen ? I've no idea what happened after I was shot."

Jiho shrugged before Kyung answered. "I heard two of them were admitted in this hospital." The two others' eyes widened in surprise and slight fear. "There's cops all around watching the place. I heard the others were dead or something. There was a lot of dead." He finished with his gaze lowering and voice becoming a whisper.

Jaehyo and Jiho shared a look before swallowing thickly at the memory of the events.

"Did you hear anything about SooAe ? I asked our manager but he said we had other things to care about to look for some girl." Asked the older boy of the three.

Kyung shook his head. "Sorry. But I could go ask or something." He proposed.

"Please !" Immediately answered Jaehyo, gaining a grin from the two best friends. "I'm really worried."

"You got the hots for her." Teased Jiho, but the look on his elder's face made him lose his grin and forget about his childish jokes.

"She saved your life in there. We were separated before the police's intervention… what if something happened to her."

Jiho swallowed thickly, feeling stupid for a second for teasing Jaehyo about this woman. But then he looked up at his elder.

"I'm sure she's alright." He assured him as the leader he was. "Don't worry." He finished with his hand on Jaehyo's, before focusing back on his food, embarrassed by the situation.

 

      "Where's Kyung ?" Asked Minhyuk when he entered the room, followed by Jihoon, Yukwon then Taeil.

"Looking around for someone. Where's our manager ?" Answered Jiho.

"He was called back at the company. He said he'll be back later." Said Yukwon before helping Minhyuk with Jiho's stuffs.

"Here's your laptop." Almost growled Minhyuk, dropping carefully the computer on the bed at the leader's feet.

Jiho smiled widely. "Thank you man. I was nothing without it."

The others rolled their eyes and decided to give no comment to this. Jiho had been shot, so they were letting him off the hook for this time.

"Here's your lip gloss." Said Yukwon as he threw the little container on the bed.

"Why the hell did you need your lip gloss ?" Asked a frowning Taeil sitting on the chair not far from the bed.

"My lips are precious, okay ?" Shot back the leader, the others adding nothing at this.

"Whatever." Mumbled the main singer for himself before taking his phone out to check his mails.

"Oh, you brought my cookies." Smiled Jiho before hugging the box lovingly.

The others stared at him for a moment before Jihoon said. "You're so weird."

They all agreed silently and won a glare from their friend. Jiho did not have time to say anything that Kyung was entering the room, a gloomy expression making them tense perceptibly.

"What's up man ? What with the expression ?" Asked their dance machine, Jaehyo slowly getting worried as he dreaded to hear what the shorter boy could have find out.

"What's going on, Kyung ?" He asked hollowly, not sure if he wanted an answer.

Kyung looked up at him slowly then his lips, the information he had clearly not positive.

"I talked to the receptionist…"

Jaehyo swallowed the atrocious lump in his throat and tried to control this growing panic, Jiho in the hospital bed feeling his stomach knot slowly.

"Don't tell me she's…" Began the singer, his words dying down as he seemed to understand the worst had happened.

"I'm sorry Jae." Answered Kyung before looking away. "She died on her way here. They couldn't do anything for her."

An heavy silence answered the news, Jaehyo feeling his emotions overwhelm him to hear SooAe was dead. After everything she did for them in this building, after caring for them so much and risking her life for them. She was…

"Oh my God !" on a breath Jaehyo, the others quickly stepping closer to him.

"I'm sorry Jaehyo." Tried Yukwon with a rub of the older boy's back.

"She… she saved his life." He managed out in a swallowed sob, tears already blurring his vision.

Jiho felt like he was just punched in the guts at the words, the realization this girl he could barely remember the face of had done so much for him hurting like a . He felt guilty to not be as concerned as Jaehyo, to not even think about her earlier.

He felt horrible and could not stop the tears filling his eyes.

"It'll be alright Jae." Said Yukwon before hugging his elder comfortingly.

The atmosphere was filled with sorrow after such announce, and none of the boys could ignore the pain and grief Jiho and Jaehyo were currently going through. The five others did not know this girl, had never met her, but they all felt immensely grateful towards her. Her death affecting them as if she was someone close to them.

She had saved their friends' life after all, and they would forever be thankful for this. 



Okay, it's been so freaking long since I last updated -almost 2 months- and I'm so sorry éè

I was too much distracted by Shinhwa, but I still managed to finish this chapter, because I want to finish this story for you guys -and myself too- ^^

I don't want to write chapters just to get done with this story, so it takes some time to get something not too bad to post.

I hope you understand and are still following this story ^^

Normally, next chapter should be the last, and I feel it's gonna be hard -again- on me to write it T.T

but I'll do my best to give this story a proper ending ^^

 

I want to start posting my other Block B (Jiho/GD/Eric) story. There's already a lot of chapters written for this one, and even if it's rated M, I hope some of you will enjoy it ^^ Or at least give it a try. 

 

Anyway, thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting, it means a lot to me and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

To next time =)