Chapter 08

Shot Down

8/

      The dorm was silent excepted for the TV showing only the news about the hostage situation. It seemed the images were on replay for a while now, as nothing much had happened so far. Bored reporters were mostly repeating themselves, and Kyung decided to go grab a snack in hope something would eventually happen.

The TV was then abandoned for a moment as Minhyuk was now laying on his bed with his computer and Jihoon was still in the room doing God knows what. Yukwon was sorting out the dirty laundry as occupation in a corner of the room while Taeil was preparing himself to take care of his fishes.

He had forgotten to feed them tonight and he was sure they were hungry.

      A ring tone arose at the exact same time Minhyuk was rushing out of his room with his computer in his arms, uttering words no one listened to, too preoccupied by the ringing phone. It was like every single Block B members were set off at the same time, a blatant panic filling the room as they rushed around the room searching for the phone ringing.

"Where the hell it is ? Cursed Kyung, throwing away a cushion he had suddenly hatred for. ! He hissed in annoyance, still finding nothing.

- Huh, guys… Still tried to get their attention the dancing machine, but he was once again ignored.

- I got it ! Shouted Yukwon all of a sudden, holding up the little device as if he had just found the holy grail.

- Hurry up, pick it up !" Rushed to him Taeil, the others gathering around Yukwon like swarm bee.

They all waited silently as their friend answered the call and listened to whatever or whoever was on the phone. Different scenarios started building up in their minds, and they could almost hear their hearts beat in unison against the room's walls.

"What is it ? Asked Jihoon as soon as Yukwon had lowered the phone, a shocked, pale expression on his face.

- They…

- What's going on Yu ? Snapped Kyung when his friend did not add anything and just stared absentmindedly at nothing in front of him.

- Huh, they… He blinked, gathering his senses to explain the situation. It was our manager, Jiho and Jaehyo were taken to the hospital. He announced, a silent gasp arising in the dorm.

- Are they okay ? Asked Taeil.

- Huh, I don't know… our manager said they were rushed out of the building with several more people and he did not have time to see them or anything. He said he was on his way to the hospital.

- That's what I was trying to tell you ! Butted in Minhyuk, an upset expression on his face. I just read the police had carried out an operation and the hostage situation was apparently over. They said several people were hurt and they didn't know if some were dead or not.

- You can't be serious ? Snapped Kyung already rushing away. What are we still doing here then ? He added while grabbing his jacket and stuffs, the others watching in confusion.

- What are you doing ? Asked Minhyuk as Jihoon imitated the shorter rapper, catching up pretty quickly.

- What do you think I'm doing ? I'm going to the hospital.

- Wait !" Interrupted Yukwon, the phone held tightly in his hand.

The two rappers already putting their shoes on stopped and looked at him expectantly, annoyance appearing on their faces when Yukwon was not fast enough.

"What ? Snapped Kyung, resuming his previous activity.

- Our manager… He began but was cut off.

- him, I won't stay here while they're maybe dying at some hospital.

- I didn't… Kyung ignored him and opened the front door, flying the dorm in a second followed by Jihoon. I didn't mean we were supposed to wait here. Eventually finished Yukwon, a sigh following soon after. How are they going to the hospital ? Our manager got the car and I'm pretty sure none of us has money."

A silence answered him as the others seemed to realize he was right, then they hurried to grab their things and put their shoes on to catch up with the two stupid rappers.

Yukwon shook his head in a silent sigh, following the others nonetheless as he wanted as much as them to see Jiho and Jaehyo.

Or at least know how they were doing.

X_x_x_X

      It was quiet, too quiet and the boys did not know what they were supposed to do or say after hearing such pessimistic news. Not only Jaehyo and Jiho were shot, twice for the younger one, but the doctors did not know if their leader would make it. Jaehyo's condition still unknown thanks to the rush the hospital was in with so many patient arriving all at once. Some were in critical conditions while others were already dead when reaching the hospital.

The boys had watched several bed roll pass them, bloody, hurt people lying on, either conscious or not, the sight scaring them greatly. There was an unconscious woman covered in blood, and none of them could say if she was breathing or not, but they were pretty sure they were about to be sick.

It was a sight of horror and tears did not take long before filling their eyes.

Jihoon, Yukwon and Minhyuk felt the liquid blurry their vision, Kyung's shocked state preventing him to feel anything yet while Taeil was trying to keep under control this hyperventilating feeling crawling on him.

They could not believe such thing was happening to them and their manager was not helping. The man had abandoned them almost as soon as they had reached the hospital to yell and harass every people he was crossing pace with, wanting to know how Jiho and Jaehyo were doing.

The boys were sure if the man was not calming down soon then the hospital would call the security and kick him out. It was the last thing they needed, and the panicked agitation around them quickly settle with them, their emotions getting the best of them one by one.

Yukwon was the first one to crack, falling on a chair with tears streaming down his face and guilty words passing his lips. It quickly got to Minhyuk too, and soon the two dancers were crying side by side, the past events and shock coming back to them like a tsunami. They could hear the screams and shots once again, feel the fear of dying, see the blood splashing around as bodies were crashing on the ground all around them.

They were back in this building for a tormenting moment, every kind of thoughts crossing their minds.

They could not help feel guilty and think about what they should have do, how they should have react, what could have happen if they had not done this or that, if Jiho had not been shot and Jaehyo had not rushed back inside.

If they had been fast enough to stop him. If they had been together at the time. If Jiho had not been behind. If they had not went to this building. If Jiho had stayed home. If Minhyuk had not asked to Jaehyo to come with him.

If all this had never happened.

Jihoon could not take it anymore and slid down the wall, sitting on the floor to cry in his arms, his knees hugged tightly against his chest. Taeil felt the need to comfort him and crouched at his side, wrapping his short arm around his younger before whispering words at his ear, the younger boy leaning in his embrace soon after to keep crying.

Kyung could only watch in total shock, his brain having a hard time understanding what was going on or that his friend were all crying their hearts out in the middle of the corridor.

He did not feel the tears building up in his eyes, not even when it slid down his face to his lip then down his chin. He was not aware of his own emotional state until the manager was back and snapping him back to his senses.

It was only then he realized how terrified he was and helpless he felt.

 

      They had to wait for a long time, doctors and nurses rushing right and left at the overwhelming amount of injured people they got all at once. The police officers now present to watch the area adding to the already chaotic situation.

The boys could not care about the why these cops were here, until Kyung realized the men who had taken hostage their friends were in fact here too. Either dead or injured, and it was enough to anger him and panic him at the same time.

      "Woo Jiho ? Came a doctor after a couple more hours, and rushing on their feet, the boys along their manager stood in front of the man, waiting for his next words.

- How is he doing doctor ? Immediately asked their manager, fear clear in his voice.

- Is he alive ? Added Taeil. What about Jaehyo ?

- Hum… The man seemed a bit overwhelmed by the questions, but did his possible to answer as hoped. I’m not sure about your friend Jaehyo, another doctor's certainly taking care of him, but about Woo Jiho I'm happy to tell you he's out of danger. We had surgery on him and stopped the internal bleeding. His stomach was scratched by the bullet and his acid gastric escaped his stomach. It spread in his body which must have been atrocious. He arrived just in time… another ten minutes and a lot more damages would have been done."

A common sigh echoed in the little group, bodies relaxing and tears escaping their eyes uncontrollably.

"Is he alright ? Asked Minhyuk, the doctor offering a small smile.

- He's unconscious yet, he fell in a light coma but he'll be alright. A couple days and he'll be awake. The boys sighed once again.

- Thanks God… Breathed Taeil, a hand on his hammering heart.

- Can we see him ? Asked Jihoon, speaking for the first time now he knew Jiho was not dead.

- We'll transfer him in a room, and then you can see him. We've a lot of people to take care of, and sadly they were not all as lucky as Jiho. A sad expression passed on the man's face.

- Are they dead ? Asked Taeil, and the man nodded.

- We lost two people already, and another one is in a critical condition."

Panic settle back in the group, the fact Jaehyo could be dead or dying terrifying them.

"What… what about Jaehyo ? Do you know if he's okay ? Can you tell us where he is and who's taking care of him ? Asked Minhyuk, the others sharing his emotional state.

- I'll see what I can do. Come with me." Answered the doctor with a small smile, before leading the way to the reception.

The boys observed him as he asked several things to the nurse, taking files and reading it before putting it away and accepting another folder handed by the woman. He smiled and nodded at her before coming back to them.

"We've an Ahn Jaehyo who was registered a couple hours ago. We don't have any report yet about his condition…

- Doctor Lee ! Came rushing a nurse, the doctor immediately acknowledging her before offering an apologetic look at the group.

- I'm sorry, I've an emergency, but I promise I'll look for your friend as soon as I can.

- But…" The man was gone before Minhyuk could say anything, the worry inhabiting each one of them an atrocious feeling.

 

      Waiting. Always waiting. Kyung was feeling like they had waited for days in this corridor, fearing for Jaehyo's well being and Jiho's condition. They could not wait to see him, could not wait to see by themselves their leader was alive.

Waiting as they were was nerve wrecking, and after this little encounter with the doctor, they had no more news about their friends. They were supposed to see Jiho once he was transferred in a room. How much time did they need to transfer someone from a room to another ? It had been hours, it could not take that long for Christ sake.

"The hell they're doing ? Snapped Minhyuk, losing the little self control he had left. We've been here for hours…"

Kyung watched him pace beside him then head to the reception. He did not hesitate and followed their dance machine, wanting the exact same thing as him and feeling the exact same way as him. They could not wait anymore and if no one else was ready to do something, then he would with Minhyuk.

He heard their manager in their back, hissing at them to come back and not do anything stupid. They ignored him of course, and as they were reaching the reception, the man stalked to them in a hurry. He was not fast enough though and Minhyuk was already asking for someone to answer him and tell him where Jiho was.

"Minhyuk ! Growled their manager, a hand grabbing the taller boy's shoulder and failing to pull him back. Stop it."

The dancer groaned in annoyance and shrugged the hand away, glaring over his shoulder at their manager for interfering when they all wanted the same thing. The man should forget at such moment about his job and their reputation as a group. Two of them were hurt, one still missing and nobody was doing anything to give them any comfort or information.

It was not so hard to check some file and tell them in which room Jiho was and what had happened to Jaehyo. He was admitted in this hospital, then what ? Was he alive ? Was he okay ? What the hell had happened to him ?

They had too many questions and absolutely no answer whatsoever, which was maddening.

"I'm sorry sir….

- I'm just asking for his room ! Snapped back Minhyuk with a slap of the counter he was leaning against. What's so hard about it ? You just have to check on your computer…

- Sir ! Worried the nurse as he tried to reach for the screen on his right.

- Minhyuk !" Stopped him their manager, his hand around the dancer's wrist holding him tightly.

Kyung could not help glare at the man, Minhyuk doing the same beside him, but then the man did something unexpected, stunning them in place.

"Look miss. Began their manager after pushing them away to face the nurse. We've been waiting for hours… I understand with the hostage situation you've no time to waste. But we deserve to know, don't you think ? Two young boys are in this hospital and we just want to see them. Nothing more.

- I understand sir but…"

Kyung felt Minhyuk tremble in anger beside him, and needed to wrap his hand around his forearm to keep him in place.

"I can do it myself if you prefer. Said their manager, already walking around the counter.

- Wai… wait ! She panicked, jumping on her feet to keep him away. You can't do that. You're not authorized to…" Their manager cut her off with his only glare, telling her how serious he was and stubborn he would be about the matter.

Kyung noticed Taeil in their back and glanced at him, his elder offering a small smile he answered unwillingly. Their lead singer rubbed a hand on his back, wanting it comforting and supporting, which worked.

"Fine." Eventually answered the nurse, annoyance and worry clear on her face.

They waited a few seconds as she clicked open some window and looked for the wanted information. This scowl still on her pretty face.

"Woo Jiho, right ? They nodded and waited. He's in room 314. A smile broke the boys' faces uncontrollably.

- What about Jaehyo ? Butted in Kyung with a step closer. Ahn Jaehyo, he was admitted earlier…"

The nurse sent him an irritated look but did not say anything, the glare their manager had on her enough to keep shut. She looked for their friend then, frowning in frustration when she met some unsatisfactory information.

"He was effectively admitted at the same time as Woo Jiho… but there's nothing about him in here. Your friend Woo Jiho was in a critical condition and immediately sent to the surgical unit. I've no trace of Ahn Jaehyo after that.

- . Cursed Kyung instinctively, winning a look from the nurse he ignored.

- Can't you look for him ?" Asked Minhyuk, a bit calmer than before.

She looked at him as if he had said the most stupid thing, a silence floating between them until their manager was talking again.

"Can't you just try, at least ? Asked the man.

- Do you think I've nothing else to do ? Look around you… everyone's in a rush, and I've other people to take care of."

With a quick glance around him, Kyung noticed the people filling the hospital, the families waiting for their loved ones. They were just like them, fearing for their child, husband, sister, mother, father. He realized how overwhelmed the nurses and doctors were at the right moment, but it did not decrease this need to know where Jaehyo was.

Even if others were just like him, he was being egoistic here and could not care less.

Minhyuk tried to say something, but their manager cut him off and decided to stop for now. They knew where Jiho was after all, and it was better than nothing.

The man leaded them away from the reception, even if they did not want to go, they had no choice and followed. People were waiting around them, and they could not monopolize the nurse forever. As unnerving as such fact was.



Only one more chapter to go (If I don't think about another one meanwhile ^^) and then this story will be over.

I hope you liked it and enjoyed this chapter.

It's been a long time since I last updated, but I was distracted coughShinhwacough and it was a bit harder for me to find motivation or inspiration.

But I want to finish this story and I think I still managed to keep writing it so far ^^

I just hope you enjoy it =)

Anyway, to next time, bye.

And thank you for reading this story, Subscribing and commenting ^^