Chapter 05

Shot Down

5/

            The dorm was horrifying quiet, a tension surrounding the boys as none of them dared talking once Minhyuk and Yukwon home.

Jihoon was the most shaken, as he could not believe Jiho and Jaehyo could be dead or dying, tears burning his eyes continuously. Minhyuk wanted to comfort him, but he found himself as upset as the others and eventually gave up when Jihoon pushed him away to lock himself in the bathroom.

            The front door opening, the three turned their heads towards it to watch Taeil step inside with a confused expression on his face.

"Our manager called telling me I had to come back at the dorm ASAP. He glanced at the others, the weird atmosphere making him frown. What's going on ? He added as he joined them in the living room, Kyung sitting on the couch staring at the TV with a blank expression.

- Something happened. Answered Minhyuk, taking upon himself to be the composed one of the group, even if inside he was a wreck. There's a hostage situation at the administrative building we were… Taeil's eyes widened progressively. Jiho and Jaehyo are trapped inside and we don't know how they're doing." He explained, a heavy silence falling then.

Different emotions passed on his face, as incredulity, worry, confusion, fear, sadness, doubt and shock.

"What ? He snapped eventually, the words certainly sinking fully in his brain now. Are you kidding me ? I hope not, because it's not funny at all. He accused then, glaring at Minhyuk and the others, but he could feel something was off.

- I'm not lying Tae. Crazy gunmen barged in the building and shot at everyone on their way. Minhyuk felt tears in his eyes and panic crawl on him at the memory. People died Tae… He swallowed after his voice cracked. There was so much blood… Oh God !" He in a breath, as if reality was eventually hitting on him.

It seemed to snap Yukwon out of his daze as he looked up at him and felt pain at such sight.

He felt suddenly selfish and horrible for treating Minhyuk as he had when he obviously was not the only one concerned in the story.

How he could have be so selfish ? He wondered as he stared at his friend, Taeil still frozen in the middle of the room.

Kyung swallowed thickly as he heard Minhyuk's sob and saw the tears on his face, the sight hurting him deeply as he failed at blocking the real situation out. And he felt horrible.

How something like that could be happening to them ? What the hell was wrong with their karma ? Was Block B cursed or something ? He did not know and could not get ride of such thoughts. Because this year was definitely so ing ty. If not worse.

Minhyuk tried to put under control his overwhelming emotions but could not, the traumatism of what happened in this building coming back full force on him. The images, the screams, the gun shots, the gunmen, the fear and the blood. So many things happened and his mind was just coming out of its daze to realize what had happened.

There was arms around him then, which confused him and made him tense, Yukwon soft voice reaching his ear afterward as he hugged him and comforted him. As the friend he always knew.

The gesture made him cry harder and he buried his face against his younger's chest to cry his heart and fear out, silence master word describing the ambiance in the room beside his sobs.

X_x_x_X

              Those Idols' manager was back, and SeungTae could not be more annoyed by the fact, what they just witnessed on this monitor not helping his feelings. He had no will to deal with this man's bulls and attempts at intimidation.

He was no cops and had nothing to do in the case, even if he was those idols' manager.

They were not the only ones inside and SeungTae had other preoccupation than keep update the man.

"Detective. Called the manager and SeungTae growled, trying to ignore him to make his way to the SWAT team.

- I don't have time. He answered sharply as he shrugged the hand away from his shoulder, keeping his pace.

- Detective ! Called louder the man, following him apparently. I've a lawyer with me… SeungTae scoffed at the information, because really, was it the good moment to bring a lawyer in the equation. Detective ! The manager seemed annoyed but he could not care less.

- I don't have time ! He snapped back as he looked over his shoulder to see the manager and lawyer held back by officers; which made him grin.

- I have to talk to you !

- Don't let them through !" He ordered to his men who nodded before he walked away, ignoring the manager's voice behind him.

He was already hating the situation, this crowd of curious surrounding the scene not better; the journalists being the worst as they had tried to sneak closer more than once already.

Damn, there was poor people held hostage by madmen having no problem killing whoever they wanted. He did not have time for bulls like journalists, managers or lawyers. , he had a job to do and all these people were just being a bother.

Thinking they would be in first line to blame him when things would turn for the worst.

If ! If things had to turn for the worst. Of course. He should not be so pessimistic.

X_x_x_X

Jaehyo was frozen in place, as were the other hostages beside him.

The gun shot was still echoing in their ears, the growing pool of blood on the floor an horrifying image printing in their minds. They could not believe how Monday had fired like this without hesitation, ending a life with no regret or second thought.

The fact they could be next in line terrifying.

Jaehyo could not tore his gaze away from his younger lying on the floor, blood once again flowing out of him and maculating his shirt and skin. It was an horrible sight he did not want to see, but could not look away from.

It made his heart beat faster and his stomach twist sickly. He could not believe what he had under his eyes.

It could not be possible.

           When the ambient shock and numbness started dissipating, Jaehyo heard himself on several painful breaths, his tears burning his eyes and even escaping them. He was trembling uncontrollably as the fear was running through his veins and twisting his insides.

There was sobs around him, but he could focus on only one thing and it was Jiho on the floor bleeding out once again.

He had hated this image the first time, and he was at the verge of puking at the right moment as he could still hear the gun shot in his head. Jiho's haul of pain making his heart stop in his chest and bile raise up his throat.

He was startled by sudden hands on him, and shrieked away before facing SooAe's shocked and terrified face. He wondered a moment who she was or where he was and why, until he snapped back to reality and blinked, more tears falling on his cheeks.

He tried to talk, to say something, but his voice was trapped in his throat and he was gasping in panic before he could control it. SooAe rubbed his back and arm immediately, offering soothing words he could not understand at first, until he was calm enough to rationalize and think.

"Hey… She breathed, rubbing his back. It's okay… just breath."

He did just as told, and was eventually back in control of his body and emotions, seeing for the first time since the gun shot what had really happened.

Jiho was effectively on the floor, bleeding and out cold, but the poor soul victim of the bullet was not him.

It was not him.

He could not help the relieve at such thought, and felt horrible when he looked on his left and saw TaeHo's body on the floor.

No one had expected something like that would happen, and Monday had not left them time to think before he had fired and killed the man in one shot. Kicking Jiho on his side at the same time to make him scream in pain and lose consciousness.

The blow was hard enough to reopen the wound and make it bleed again.

Jaehyo's mind had assimilated the gun shot, Jiho's scream and his bleeding form on the floor together; the reality inhabiting his head for a painful moment being that Jiho was dead.

But he was not, he was not.

Trembling some more as a shaky breath passed his lips and his eyes watered some more, he tried to move closer to his younger. But his limbs felt numbed and he could not move a bit excepted for his shaking hands.

"It's okay Jaehyo. Whispered SooAe beside him, her gentle hand rubbing his arm and back once again. It's okay." He noticed the shake in her voice, and eventually looked at her, realizing how everyone around him were actually as shocked and horrified as him.

The air in the room was heavy and the hostages were too scared to move or look at the masked men in fear to being killed too.

Jaehyo vaguely heard Monday whisper with his men, but he disregarded the conversation, too preoccupied by Jiho's unconscious form not far from him. The only thing he wanted was crawling towards him and shake him awake.

He could not bear leave his younger like this on the floor, all alone and bleeding out. He needed to be with him and close to him. The only fact of having Jiho's head on his lap making him feel a little less powerless, a protective feeling overwhelming him when he was with his younger.

on another breath, he did not think much and just began moving closer to Jiho, his body sore and heavy as the numbness slowly decreased.

He was in hand reach when some boots stepped on the carpet before a riffle was pressed against his forehead, freezing him in place.

He heard SooAe gasp in his back, some other terrified squeaks or whimpers reaching his ears too.

His immediate thought was he was going to be shot and would not be here anymore for Jiho, until the perspective of dying brought burning tears in his eyes, his chest tightening painfully.

"Where do you think you're going ? Asked Saturday with his usual paused, low voice, and Jaehyo tensed even more.

- What's going on ? Butted in Monday, now standing beside his second in command.

- Ask him ! Answered Saturday, his rifle moving against Jaehyo's skin forcing a grimace out of him.

- I… I… He tried when the leader's gaze burnt holes in his head, terrifying him some more. I was just trying… He felt more tears in his eyes and did his possible to hold them.

- Get him out ! Ordered Monday eventually as he stepped back to Thursday still sitting in front of his computer. Everyone, out !" He snapped then, glaring at the hostages dangerously.

Sobs and whimpers were heard, but the hostages did not hesitate to move and obey, pushing themselves on shaky legs and unstable feet. Shock still master of them.

The older man grunted and seemed paler than before, the nameless woman following like a zombie as Sooyeon clang at Minsu's arm even more, her face messed by uncontrollable tears. SooAe sent a glance at Jaehyo once on her feet, the two's eyes falling on Jiho's body then.

They were not sure what to do or if they were even allowed to touch him, but they still stepped to him to take him out of the room with them.

"What are you doing ? Barked Wednesday, his weapon aiming at them at the exact same moment they stopped beside Jiho. We said everyone out !

- We were just… Tried SooAe, Jaehyo's voice suddenly gone at the new fright he just had.

- Out !" He yelled, the two startled by the sudden outburst before glancing down at Jiho.

Leaving his younger alone here was the last thing he wanted to do, and even less if these people would be the one dragging him back in the main room. He did not want to let them touch him as they would be nothing but rough. And the last thing Jiho needed at the right moment was more pain.

SooAe's hand on his elbow snapped him out of his thoughts, the look in her eyes telling him to not do anything stupid and just obey. Even if he did not want to.

Jaehyo God knows how Jaehyo did not want to leave, but the still horrible scene of TaeHo's death was replaying in his mind and he did not need more to decide. Being killed would not help and it was better for everyone to just go along yet than rebel. Even if Jiho would be left all alone in this room.

           It was quiet among the hostages, beside the muffled sobs or whimpers heard time to time. Most people had calmed down and were for mostly in a daze, staring at nothingness.

SooAe was still at Jaehyo's side, trying to comfort him as much as possible knowing he was now apart from Jiho. She could only imagine how he was feeling at the right moment. The fear must be overwhelming, and his worries eating him up.

She could only understand, mostly when Monday and Thursday were still in this room where Jiho was unconscious, the two doing God knows what in there for the past ten minutes.

Jaehyo was certainly imagining all kind of scenarios, and she could not help doing the same. Even if she had to keep under control her emotions and maintain her role of appeasing and calming figure.

She could not help it, even if she did not know the two idols before, she could not help herself but be by their sides and try to protect them. Maybe it was because the younger of the two had been shot and needed help. She knew she would have done the same for any other hostages if they had been shot too.

But after helping Jiho, and caring for him this whole time she was feeling like a responsibility to be there for the two idols. As if they were someone precious, while she just knew them for a few hours.

 

           He did not know where he was and even less what was happening, or had happened for the record. His only certitude being the atrocious pain he was in and how weak he was feeling.

Trying to move, he could have pass out again, but luckily did not.

Everything hurts so much and he was feeling like puking his guts out.

Trying to gather his senses and mind, some bribe of memory came back to him, and slowly he was able to remember the whole story. Which did not help at all, because he was even more terrified.

Where the hell was he ? Where were the others ? Where was Jaehyo ? Was he dead ? Were the others all dead ?

Oh God, what would he do if everyone was dead ? But most importantly, what was he doing here all alone ? Was he left for dead ?

The thought terrorized him because he did not want to die. Not like this, not in here, not alone.

Oh God. What was he supposed to do ?

Looking around, or at least trying, he gritted his teeth and forced his body to move, managing to turn around a bit to see the covered window, as another horrible scene.

Oh God ! Was this man dead ?

on a breath, he felt panic and nausea hit him, his breath now short and heavy as he lost himself in the terror of the moment.

He was alone in a room with a dead guy. Oh God, what was he supposed to do ?

Was he left here thinking he was dead too ?

He remembered suddenly what SooAe had said earlier about the bodies the hostages had to move. Was he in one of those back room then ?

Oh God, why was he here ? He was not dead. Oh God !

"He…" He tried to call out, but his throat was sore and his mouth was dry, making it hard and painful to say anything.

He felt tears in his eyes, the panic of being left alone in a room for dead bodies being too much for him at the right moment.

Where the hell was Jaehyo ? Was he alright ?

This thought added to his already overwhelming emotions and he found himself gasping and sobbing, hot tears blurring and burning his eyes.

What was he supposed to do ?

           He did not know for how long he lost control of his emotions and just sobbed, but after a moment he was just laying there staring at the ceiling, his mind going blank.

He wondered a second if he was not dead after all, and this possibility felt far from appealing as his paradise was more that crappy.

If he had knew heaven would look like the last place he was before dying then he rather not go. Who the hell had said heaven was good ? Was he even in heaven ?

The thought made him on a breath and think about the reasons he could he to be in hell instead of heaven.

He found a few, but none of them were enough in his opinion to be send to the Devil instead of God.

He was always a good religious and had done his possible to be a good son and human being.

What had he done so wrong in his life to end up in hell ?

Blinking several times, he eventually managed to snap back to reality, pushing away his absurd thoughts about hell and heaven. There was no way he could be dead, nor this room could be either God or Devil's residence.

The pain was freaking too much, and the nausea and thirst not better. There was no way he could be dead. Dead people were not suffering so much and the realization relieved and appalled him at the same time.

Because if he was not dead, what the hell was he doing here and where were the others ?

He wanted to see Jaehyo, he needed to see Jaehyo because he could not stay alone. Not in such situation. He needed his elder. And could only pray Jae was not dead, explaining why he was not here anymore.

Pushing away such thought, the wave of panic crossing his body being of no use at the right moment, he tried to actually think and find logical answers.

First, he was bleeding again, even if it had slowed down, he was hurting like hell.

Second, he was alone in a room with absolutely no surveillance. Which was proved to be a quite useless information because he could absolutely do nothing on his own, moving being already a feat in itself.

Third, he did not know why he was left alone, but he was still alive, ignoring where the others were, and mostly Jaehyo.

Okay, he did not know anything much than a minute ago but at least he was not over panicking now. Which was good because he had no one around to help him if he had to hyperventilate or something.

Glancing at the dead body not so far from him, he grimaced and wondered a second if he had looked like this when he was shot. Jaehyo must have been so scared if yes. But shaking his head curtly, he tried to think about something else and not the corpse which with he was abandonned.

Taking a deep, becoming painful breath as it stretched his body and side, he winced and gritted his teeth.

He wanted so much to curl on himself and disappear, but he failed miserably and eventually gave up quickly. He was suffering too much.

Staring once again at the ceiling, he felt his eyes flutter more than once, the eyelids becoming heavier increasingly, his orbs starting to burn as he fought against unconsciousness.

He did not want to faint again, even if it was in the only state he was feeling okay, but he was scared to wake up somewhere even more frightening next time and then wanted to stay awake. Which was incredibly hard with such blood loss and lack of food or water, the last blow and rough treatment he had gone through doing no good either.

So it was then an understatement to say he was weak and in no position to do or try anything. Even if he was alone in a room in the middle of a hostage situation with crazy bastards ready to kill everyone.

Such thought made him swallow thickly, until his mind was back once again in a haze threatening his consciousness.

           His eyes were closing for the hundreds time, the eyelids staying down for a greater amount of time. He was at the verge of losing his battle against sleep, and drowsy as he was he could not even care.

The door creaking open, his face twisted slightly as he reopened his eyes and looked over at the entering persons. His heart suddenly in his throat and the fear at the pit of his stomach.



So... I was worried to never be able to post this chapter.

*So, big sigh of relief xD*

It's not usual for me to post stories when they're not even written (or only have a couple chapters)

I tend to stress and lose interest when I post stories too soon before having a good amount of chapters

(But sometimes I got too excited and just don't care and post.)

Which is bad, I know :(

But I'm happy a new chapter's here and I hope I'll be able to write more before next year xD Just kidding, of course.

(At least I hope *look around worriedly*)

Anyway,

This chapter's here and I hope you enjoyed it ^^

I just finished writting it so it's all fresh =D

You better be happy !!!

lol

I'm in a good mood today, mostly now I'm writting this and posting a chapter =D *dance around happily, lol*

But now I ranted so much about me and my feelings, I'm worried about what you'll think about this chapter.

Please... don't hesitate to tell me. Because I won't lie, reading whatever thoughts you could have motivate me a lot ^^

But whatever, I don't like asking .

So, hope to hear from you and see you next time ^^

And please

COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE/UPVOTE

Bye !!