Chapter 06

Shot Down

6/

      He was not sure what would happen to him when Wednesday grabbed him and dragged him after Monday towards the room Jiho was in.

The atmosphere had only got heavier since Thursday and the leader had exited the room fifteen minutes ago, and Jaehyo could only feel even more down at the thought his younger was now dead or something.

He did not know what the situation was in the room and SooAe's hand on his arm had prevented him to ask any question or make a fuss. The tension in the leader's shoulders enough to keep his mouth shut.

Something was not that right and Monday seemed to only be more upset by it.

Jaehyo could only pray nobody else would be killed.

Then he just had time to meet the leader's gaze now on him before he was dragged to the previous room.

He was relieved and scared at the same time, wanting so much to see Jiho but so afraid to find his dead body in here.

His younger was left on his own after all, bleeding and unconscious. How many chances did he have of survival ? He did not know himself but was sure it was not much, even if SooAe had tried to reassure him and told him it would be okay.

Jiho could be dead and nothing could change such fact.

      He had a gun pointed on his head when the door opened and he was pushed inside after the leader. His first move was to look for Jiho, who was not hard to find as he was still at the same spot as when they had left.

The difference being he was now awake and looked scared out of his mind.

Who would not be scared waking up alone in a room with a dead guy and a bleeding gun wound ? Jaehyo just wanted to run at his younger's side and hold him close. But he could not, the barrel against his head preventing him such act as the grip on him.

This Wednesday guy was freaking strong, and rough. He hated it, but he had other things to worry about than the way he was handled by this guy.

He was pushed towards Jiho then, and he felt so relieved, his legs taking him to his younger willingly. He kneeled beside Jiho when Wednesday pushed him down. He then crawled closer until he had his leader's head on his lap.

"You okay ? He asked, his voice raw, thanks to the lump in his throat. Jiho stared up at him with big worried eyes, as if he was an apparition, then nodded.

- Where were you ? He managed out, his voice even worse than Jaehyo who pursed his lips before biting it.

- In the main room. They took us back there. He stared at Jiho then. I'm sorry I left you here alone. I didn't want to… but they didn't leave us a choice. His younger smiled softly at his quick rant.

- It's okay Jae… He assured with a low voice.

- Shut up !" Eventually snapped Wednesday as Thursday entered the room.

 

      The two idols stared at the three masked men in fear, wondering what would happen to them now. Were they going to be killed ? It was Jiho's first thought when the door had opened and he had spotted Jaehyo.

Why isolate them if not to kill them, or worse, torture them.

Jiho swallowed thickly at such thought, reasoning himself by thinking it was not a movie and these guys could not torture them for real. Right ?

He could not help a fearful glance at the men whispering together, this horrifying idea refusing to leave his mind. Thanks to too many horror movies.

He would so nag at Taeil when he'll be back at the dorm. He would not watch so many horror stuffs if not for his elder.

Blinking, he went back to present time, Jaehyo's grip around him tighter than before, certainly in fear of what was to come.

X_x_x_X

      The dorm had never been that quite, ever, as none of the boys knew what to do or say.

Taeil had tried to call their manager, and the man had told them to just wait at the dorm and stay there. It was frustrating to be able to do nothing and have no news at all about their two friends. The only information they had were from TV, and even there nothing much was said.

The reporters just knew the hostage takers were still inside with the unfortunate people and that a gun fire was heard. It did not help the fear and panic, Jihoon who had came back in the living room after some long time in the bathroom running away from the TV as soon as he had heard that.

The younger boy was the most sensitive in the group, and the others could not help worry about him, fearing something bad would happen to him because of too much stress. But they did not dare knocking at the bedroom's door he was isolating himself in and could just pray everything was alright with their younger.

      Hours were long, but passing so fast at the same time. They could not believe so much time had fly by already and that they still did not know anything. Jiho and Jaehyo could be dead and they were not even aware of this.

Taeil was cooking some diner now, even if none of them were hungry per say, the older boy of the group apparently needed something to do to distract himself from the heavy atmosphere surrounding the whole dorm.

While Yukwon and Kyung were pinned on the couch watching the news and hoping for something good to happen. They could not do much anyway, and in hope to keep under control their emotions, watching the news was their only solution.

Meanwhile Minhyuk was on his computer at the living room's desk, distracting himself from the actual situation. Nothing interested him online but he just kept staring at the screen, as if it would be enough to give him some peace of mind.

It did not work much, but did not fail completely either as he was able to ignore most of his surroundings and unpleasant atmosphere.

"Diner's ready." Announced Taeil, putting the plates on the kitchen table.

Kyung, who was the quietest one since he knew about his best friend and Jaehyo, looked up slowly at his elder and stood up without precipitation. He was not hungry, but eating was a good distraction in itself and he could not let Taeil's effort and food go to waste. So he sat at the table in silence and served himself.

Yukwon appeared not long after and sat across Kyung, Taeil taking a seat too then to start eating in silence.

"You're not coming ?" He asked to Minhyuk, the younger boy not even hearing him or maybe ignoring him, he was not sure.

Staring a second at the dance machine's back, he pondered if he cared or not about his behavior and decided not with a shrug before resuming eating.

      "No way… Minhyuk's sudden voice surprised the three others who looked up at him and frowned. Guys ! He called, urgency heard in his voice.

- What's going on, Min ? Answered Yukwon as he stood up and stepped to his friend's spot.

- Check this ! He answered, his voice lowering in shock.

- What… Taeil did not even need to finish his question because of the comments he saw on the computer's screen. What the hell ? He gasped, Kyung standing behind him leaning forward to get a look too.

- They can't be serious. He roared, anger making his blood boil. What the hell are they talking about ? How could we ing deserve what's happening ?"

Yukwon glanced at the short rapper and contemplated saying something. He did not know what though and Kyung seemed so angry that he feared his reaction to be honest. He had every rights to be mad moreover and Yukwon was understanding perfectly his feelings. He was feeling the same after all and these comments he had in front of him made him sick.

Who could be so cruel and state Jiho and Jaehyo were deserving their fate for their past actions. Some were saying they should die in this building but it would not even be enough to repay what they had done before.

The Thailand's scandal was the reason of such comments and he knew it, and it was sickening. Were these people aware of the actual situation ? Were they aware Jiho and Jaehyo could really be dead or dying and it was nothing to be happy about ?

Yukwon did not know and could only hope they were not being serious.

"What's this ? Asked Taeil. On which website are you ?

- I just clicked on a link saying Jiho and Jaehyo could be dead. It intrigued me and I was hoping to find something but… those people are just leaving nasty comments about them.

- Isn't it some anti-fans café ? Asked the older boy, and Minhyuk shrugged.

- I think so. But I don't know this website, maybe it's new.

- Don't read such bull. Answered the main singer, before Kyung was pushing Minhyuk away and taking place in front of the computer.

- What are…

- Those ing bastards. How dare they say such things ? Do they even know what's going on ? Those ing stupid s… They're the ones who should die. He mumbled through his teeth, anger clear in his voice as he typed some lively and nasty reply to all the comments posted on the forum they were on.

- Kyu…" Tried Taeil, knowing it would be really stupid to insult so much those people as Kyung from Block B.

It would only make things worse and Block B did not need anymore harm at the right moment.

"I won't let them say such things and do nothing… they deserve to have their ing heads chopped off and I swear I'll be…

- Kyung ! Snapped Taeil as he and Minhyuk grabbed the raging boy and pulled him away from the computer before he could do something stupid. Stop it !

- Let me go ! I'm gonna show them who Block B's really. I'm gonna show them no one with my friends and…

- Kyung ! Calm down. Said Minhyuk, struggling with the short rapper to keep him away from the desk. You can't do this.

- And why not ? They did it, why can't I reply to their ing comments ?

- Kyu ! Taeil pushed against his younger's chest and stood in front of him. Don't let them get to you. They're just s hiding behind their screens. Don't mind them. Even if I know right now it's hard, just don't do this. It won't help us."

Trembling, Kyung needed a long moment to calm down and accept to back off.

The noises attracted Jihoon who eventually showed out of the bedroom and joined them at the desk. His expression was confused and curious, as he tried to pick over the other's shoulders to know what could be going on.

"Ji. Spotted him Taeil, smiling softly to their younger before pushing him away gently, smoothly keeping him away from the screen. Are you hungry, I cooked some diner.

- What's going on Taeil ? I heard you fight.

- It's nothing, don't worry. He smiled back, leading the younger boy to the kitchen.

- What the hell ? Snapped a shocked Kyung, a common gasp echoing in their back, and Jihoon was quick to run towards them.

- What's… Oh my God ! Gasped Jihoon, his eyes bulging out as the others in front of him froze in place at what was shown on the screen.

- It can't be possible. Breathed a dumbfounded Yukwon. How…

- What's going on ? Asked Taeil as he made his way forward and stopped beside Minhyuk sitting at the desk. What the… How did you find this ?

- The link just appeared on the forum… I clicked on it out of curiosity. They were saying it was about the hostage situation.

- What are they…

- Are they alright ? Asked Jihoon, tears burning his eyes.

- Jaehyo looks okay, but Jiho… I'm not sure. Answered Yukwon, his gaze locked on the screen.

- Is he dead ? Feared the younger boy, his lips trembling as if he was about to cry.

- No ! Snapped back Taeil, refusing to let such thought fill the others' heads. Look ! He pointed then as Jiho eventually moved, groaning in pain when he apparently tried to adjust his position on Jaehyo's lap. He's moving.

- Oh God ! What the hell's going on ? Is it real ? Gasped Jihoon.

- It looks like. Answered Minhyuk, his voice suddenly hollow.

- Why are they doing this ? What's the point… Kyung did not even have to finish that a voice arose from the speakers.

- Hello, Block B's fans. As you certainly were able to recognize, we have two of the members with us. But let me introduce myself first. I'm Monday, the leader of the criminal group everyone's talking about on the news for the passed hours. And no, it's not a prank and we're really holding hostage Woo Jiho and Ahn Jaehyo from your beloved idol group."

The boys in front of the screen were so shocked that no sound came out of them. They could not believe what they were seeing and hearing, and could even less understand what all this was about.

Yukwon and Minhyuk were remembering perfectly the event at the building though, and soon tears were burning their eyes and bringing back the panic they had been assaulted by at the time. Yukwon felt once more this guilt eat him up at the sight of Jiho laying like this on the floor, his face pale as carmine spots were here on there on his skin and hair.

They all could see the dark stain on the leader's shirt where his hand was pressing and making him grimace time to time. The way the camera was aimed showing nothing much excepted their two friends, even if they could see the blood on the floor under Jiho.

"You must be wondering why I am allowing you to see your dear idols in such situation. Well, let me tell you something…" The voice paused purposely to create some suspense and anticipation, which worked.

Even the five boys at the dorm where hanging at the man's lips, waiting to know why he would do such thing and what would happen to Jiho and Jaehyo.

"Our trustful law officers, with which we tried to negotiate for the release of not only your beloved boys, but six other innocent people..."

There was another pause as the voice lowered and let heard a hint of sadness, even if it was fake.

"Sadly, one unlucky man had to suffer the consequences of the police's incompetence. They only had one thing to do, and only one… but they didn't and we did not have any other choice than take retaliation for such behavior. I'm sure you can understand nothing's never left unpunished, and this man's death is as most our fault than the police's."

The five boys swallowed thickly at the thought these people had killed one hostage already, even if Yukwon and Minhyuk knew they had no problem killing people. The others were shocked to hear that.

"We didn't ask for much, but they choose to ignore us and let these poor people here die. Your beloved idols included."

The comments on the forum the video was posted on went wild, people asking if this was some kind of prank from Block B themselves and if they were trying to attract attention because they supposedly were over and that everyone knew they would disband sooner than later.

It was from the anti-fans of course, other comments from people loving them begging for some explanation, wanting to know if Jiho and Jaehyo were alright and if the other Block B members were okay or not. The panic showed in the comments did not help the five boys at the dorm, and they did their possible to ignore it.

"So let me ask you this, devoted Block B's fans… are you going to let Jiho and Jaehyo die because of some cops' ego or will you rather have them negotiate with us and put to an end this situation without further deaths ?"

He paused again, the boys at the dorm absorbed by his words and waiting for what he would say next.

"I am a reasonable man, and I know if I had what I asked for then all this would be over from now on. This poor man would not be dead and your beloved idols would not be dying. Yes because…"

They saw Jaehyo tense before some man appeared on the screen and stepped to the two on the floor. Jaehyo tightened his grip on Jiho as the said boy looked up in fear at the approaching man before a yelp of pain was heard.

Jiho was then hauled on his feet and dragged away from Jaehyo trying to grab his hand. He stopped abruptly in his movement though, his expression terrified as he looked up at something off screen.

"Let me show you something…"

Jiho cried out in pain once again as he was forced in front of the man in a standing position, his face paling even more as he was handled roughly despite his injury.

Yukwon and Minhyuk already knew why he was in such state, the others certainly remembering their leader was shot and it was explaining his poor condition. Unlike the people watching this video, as fans and antis.

"Your dear leader… He resumed with a grin and a look they could qualify as devilish sent to Jiho. Was shot. His condition's serious, and the police know he won't last forever if he's not taken care of quickly. But once again, they refused to negotiate and just ignored us. Here, just take a look." He finished and lifted Jiho's shirt roughly, disregarding the pain he was inflicting.

The boys felt bad at the wince on their leader's face, and grimaced when they saw the bloody bandage and bruised skin. It was an horrible sight making them sick.

"Oh my God…" Breathed Jihoon in the back, his face almost as pale as Jiho and tears shining in his eyes.

Taeil glanced over his shoulder at their younger, concern showing on his face, but the voice quickly attracted his attention once again.

"Jiho would be fine if he was taken care of at the hospital, but as you can imagine, I can't let him go just like this. He's a valuable hostage even injured and I would let him go as soon as the police will negotiate with me. I did this video to let you know the situation, as I already know the reporters doesn't know much about what's going on inside. I wanted to show you the true face of the police, to let you know they did not care about innocent people and just wanted to protect their reputation and pride. They are letting these people here die and they knows it."

The five boys swallowed heavily at such statement, because this man was affirming every hostages would die and no one would do anything to stop it.

"Look at your beloved idol, look at him and realize it's all the police's fault as much as ours. They can save them, him… He insisted, his grip on Jiho visibly painful judging from the grimace on Block B's leader's face. But they won't. And I'm curious, will you let this happen too and hide behind the fact it was only the killers fault when it will be clearly the police's fault too in the end ?"

He paused purposely once more, letting the tension build before adding.

"I'll leave you time to think about this."

And the screen went black, the video stopping just like this, abandoning shocked, terrified and confused people behind.



Here's a new chapter ^^

I'm sorry it's taking so long to update (as I'm used to post quite often when I have a story already written) but on another side it's only been three weeks, it's not that long, right  ^^"

Anyway, I have another project I have a lot more inspiration for, and I can't wait to post the story.

I won't talk about it here because it's no place to make promotion, lol, but just so you know, it's a Block B fanction -again- rated M this time.

(If you're interested don't hesitate to ask for more detail, I'll be happy to answer. =D)

Whatever, this story won't be long, and I'm trying to finish it as quickly as possible (not that I'm rushing the plot or anything, but I'm really impatient to be done with this story, don't ask me why xD)

I hope you liked this chapter and I'll see you next time, I guess :p

Bye !